Penny Guides at BestBuy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ReggAe']does anyone trade for me " STAR OCEAN 3 "
i can give you select " 3 " guied for you..

ace combat 5 (2)
Crash Twinsanity (8)
Dead or Alive Ultimate (19;; )
Incredibles , The (10)
NBA Live 2005 (5)
Pikman 2 (9)
Ratchet and Clank Up your Arsenal (2)
Smackdown vs. Raw (7)
Star Wars Battlefront (5)
Manhunt (4)

please PM me... please..[/quote]

Holy crap he has too many! How'd you get them all?

sorry...I just go near BB today 4pm ... when i go there they had a lot of guides.. so i just picked up all thin;;; sorry ....if anyone need DOAU i will send u just free + shipping;; now start.. 15 people .. PM!!!

[quote name='Kaijufan']Tornadomann bought Star Ocean for me yesterday, and Ill be heading over to that BB to pick up a few guides after school today.[/quote]
Hey No Problem! Anything to help out a fellow CAG member. :D

[quote name='slidecage']Yea im sick of BB. I went over to the appleglen after i got 3 of the Ninja turles and DOA guides and the manager goes and says I will sell you 1 each at a penny but not 3. I said i got a Email saying right here that i PAID For 3 and i be more then happy to sue you if you refuse to give me my items i paid for already. After 20 mins he gave me my guides.[/quote]

well since you don't get charged til you pick up the guides, you pretty much wouldn't have a case....

Tried to buy 3 copies of R&C3, AC5 and Star Ocean 3 today. Got denied, they said the guides only come with the game. I didn't feel like fighting it, so I just left. Worst Buy indeed.

I was gonna put 2 copies of each up for trade too

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I think I may be the only person who bargin hunts for games in my town. This is just further proof:

My guide bounty:

3 Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
6 Incredibles
8 Crash Twinsanity
5 WWE: Smackdown Vs. Raw
2 THUG 2
1 Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
8 ESPN NBA 2K5
8 Dead or Alive: Ultimate
1 NBA Live 2005

All for the whooping total of $0.42.

Yes, I am looking to make some trades. ^_~[/quote]

Not to be a hater but don't you think that's being JUST a bit too greedy....like maybe 3 or 4 of would be good each so you have one to keep and several to trade or sell. Next time you might want to leave some for another....good grab though....

I think actually ordering the guides online sent out a red flag to my local store to pull all duplicate guides of the ones I did order

I ordered 6 different guides... they were nowhere to be found on the shelves when I checked them out later on... but did spot an NBA live 2004 and picked that up (didnt order it from online)

Figured if I had just went there and snagged a few... there would still be some left today

Got : Incredibles
TMNT 2
NBA Live 2004
MGS: TS
DOA Ultimate
Crash Twinsanity
Star Wars Battlefront

Also for trade
Psi Ops
Shark Tale
Spederman 2
Silent Hill 4

Looking for Onimusha 2 or 3, Star Ocean,Wild Arms 3, Dark Cloud 1 or 2, Zelda CE

Thanks

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='wannabepunktony']I think I may be the only person who bargin hunts for games in my town. This is just further proof:

My guide bounty:

3 Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
6 Incredibles
8 Crash Twinsanity
5 WWE: Smackdown Vs. Raw
2 THUG 2
1 Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
8 ESPN NBA 2K5
8 Dead or Alive: Ultimate
1 NBA Live 2005

All for the whooping total of $0.42.

Yes, I am looking to make some trades. ^_~[/quote]

Not to be a hater but don't you think that's being JUST a bit too greedy....like maybe 3 or 4 of would be good each so you have one to keep and several to trade or sell. Next time you might want to leave some for another....good grab though....[/quote]

Wouldn't this be more of a case of being too greedy?

i can give you select " 5!! " guied for you..

ace combat 5 (2)
Crash Twinsanity (8)
Incredibles , The (10)
NBA Live 2005 (5)
Pikman 2 (9)
Smackdown vs. Raw (7)
Manhunt (4) TRU;;

Someone want to explain why someone needs 19 copies of a game guide, or 8, 9, or 10 of them, for that matter? :shock:

Went back today for some more and saw (to no surprise) that all of the copies of DOA:U and R&C:UYA were gone even though there were 8-10 copies of each one yesterday (I held back and only bought 2 of each yesterday). Not sure if BB did this themselves or what because there were plenty of other penny guides like Final Fantasy XI, Silent Hill 4, MGS:Twin Snakes, Pokemon, etc. still on the shelf. Perhaps they pulled those two guides only in order to fulfill online orders. I remember a few weeks ago where I picked up Advance Wars 2 for the GBA one night and the next morning, the 12+ copies that were there just up and disappeared from the shelf overnight presumably sent back to stock their online store again.

[quote name='Nogib']Went back today for some more and saw (to no surprise) that all of the copies of DOA:U and R&C:UYA were gone even though there were 8-10 copies of each one yesterday (I held back and only bought 2 of each yesterday). Not sure if BB did this themselves or what because there were plenty of other penny guides like Final Fantasy XI, Silent Hill 4, MGS:Twin Snakes, Pokemon, etc. still on the shelf. Perhaps they pulled those two guides only in order to fulfill online orders. I remember a few weeks ago where I picked up Advance Wars 2 for the GBA one night and the next morning, the 12+ copies that were there just up and disappeared from the shelf overnight presumably sent back to stock their online store again.[/quote]

Wouldn't mind a copy of the SH4 and MGS:TS guides, if you can grab them and they're still there.

Wouldn't this be more of a case of being too greedy?

ace combat 5 (2)
Crash Twinsanity (8)
Incredibles , The (10)
NBA Live 2005 (5)
Pikman 2 (9)
Smackdown vs. Raw (7)
Manhunt (4) TRU;;

Someone want to explain why someone needs 19 copies of a game guide, or 8, 9, or 10 of them, for that matter? :shock:[/quote]

That's out of control greedy....you always gotta look out for #1 of course, but no one needs that many...even if you trade or give them away on CAG, you gotta leave some for other people.....but someone who took 19 in the first place probably isn't going to listen to anyone scolding them about it.

ace combat 5 (2)
Crash Twinsanity (8)
Incredibles , The (10)
NBA Live 2005 (5)
Pikman 2 (9)
Smackdown vs. Raw (7)
Manhunt (4) TRU;;

please PM me... please..

That's out of control greedy....you always gotta look out for #1 of course, but no one needs that many...even if you trade or give them away on CAG, you gotta leave some for other people.....but someone who took 19 in the first place probably isn't going to listen to anyone scolding them about it.[/quote]

Its truly scummy. There are a lot of other LA area CAGs, and this jerk's greediness meant that others on this board came home empty-handed, I'm sure.

I don't know if anyone still needs one but I picked up some extra Star Oceans today. All the penny guides were being pulled to the back to be destroyed so I figured I could at least save those. If you're looking for something else let me know.

I'm looking for ones like Xenosaga, Chrono Cross, FF X, Kingdom Hearts, or LttP. I recognize that many of those have not been pennied much so that may not be possible.

PM me.

yea, thats a tad over doing it. I went yesterday and picked up some. My list are as follows. The only one i got all of was Star Ocean and there was only 1 but i tell all my friends to make sure they leave a few for other cheap asses :D

1 star ocean
2 rachet and clank UYA
2 ace combat 5
2 nba live 2005
1 espn nba 2k5
2 TMNT 2
2 THUG 2
1 WWE smackdown
5 sharks tails
2 incredibles
2 Crash twin sanity
1 star wars battlefront

then went to TRU and picked up
1 soul caliber 2....2.00
1 perfect dark.....1.00
1 original pokemon with stickers....1.04

I guess no one hit my Best Buy yet...

8 Star Ocean (no more PMs please, they are gone)
2 Star Wars Battlefront
2 Ratchet and Clank UYA
2 Smackdown vs. Raw
2 Pikmin 2
2 DOAU
2 Ace Combat 5

I would have got more since they still have a BOATLOAD at the Culver City, CA BB...but the sales associates took notice and some guy came up to me and said, I can only let you have one of each of those...long story short, I put some back and took what I listed above. They had tons left of almost everything, maybe only one or two Ratchet and Clanks, but everything else there was tons of.

Also a small note, my TRU (Culver City, CA) has Rainbow 6 3 guides for free (green tag a $.01...hmmm...yeah). The first Splinter Cell too (but we're only suppose to have only one of those left). Some of the other $.01 guides at my store we no longer have.

My BB didn't have any of the guides on the shelf, but there's a couple I'd like to get if anybody picked up some extras. If you've got Star Ocean, Pikmin 2, and/or DOAU (though hopefully all three), PM me and we'll see if we can work something out.

[quote name='Zon27']I guess no one hit my Best Buy yet...

8 Star Ocean (if anyone needs one...PM)
2 Star Wars Battlefront
2 Ratchet and Clank UYA
2 Smackdown vs. Raw
2 Pikmin 2
2 DOAU
2 Ace Combat 5

I would have got more since they still have a BOATLOAD at the Culver City, CA BB...but the sales associates took notice and some guy came up to me and said, I can only let you have one of each of those...long story short, I put some back and took what I listed above. They had tons left of almost everything, maybe only one or two Ratchet and Clanks, but everything else there was tons of.

Also a small note, my TRU (Culver City, CA) has Rainbow 6 3 guides for free (green tag a $.01...hmmm...yeah). The first Splinter Cell too (but we're only suppose to have only one of those left). Some of the other $.01 guides at my store we no longer have.[/quote]

Holy shucking fit! You're going to be damn popular in about five seconds with all those Star Ocean guides. I wouldn't mind one of those Pikmin 2 guides. [-o

Man, I wonder if I should go back tomororw and try to pick up the guides again. I really wanted thsoe SO3 guides...I hate Best Buy

[quote name='Wario64']Man, I wonder if I should go back tomororw and try to pick up the guides again. I really wanted thsoe SO3 guides...I hate Best Buy[/quote]

See if Zon27 will be so nice to set you up with one, Wario. If I had a spare one, it would be yours, free, for all the hard work on the weekly ad posts.

[quote name='MightySlacker']OP or whoever is in charge of the list - ADD Def Jam Fight for NY and NCAA Football 2005 - both are a penny, neither are marked as such.

Dave[/quote]

That is interesting -- I'm almost positive that I had Def Jam scanned on monday and it came up full price. Did anyone find it for a penny on monday, or were those marked down later?

Went to 2 Best Buy's and neither had any star ocean guides. If anyone has one or two up for trade I would like one for my self and a buddy of mine. I will trade any of the following guides for one.

max payne 2 (brady)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance (Brady)
Tekken Tag Tournament (prima)
Dragon Ball Z Legacy of Goku II (Prima)
TNMT 2 (prima)
ratchet & clank uya (brady)
raw vs. smackdown (prima)
thug2 (Brady)

Sweet news on the NCAA and Def Jam guides... picked up a couple of each... took in 8 penny guides to my local games store for trading, picked up Mario Golf (non GH) for 30 cents out of pocket :D

[quote name='zman73']Sweet news on the NCAA and Def Jam guides... picked up a couple of each... took in 8 penny guides to my local games store for trading, picked up Mario Golf (non GH) for 30 cents out of pocket :D[/quote]

Which store do you trade guides at?

Ninja Gaiden rings up for .08 AT EMPLOYEE PRICE ONLY!!! So if you know someone who works there be real nice to them. :) Who says I never contribute? :) I have an extra one if someone is interested in trading.

[quote name='JAMMR']Yah, I'd like to know that as well. Gamestop buys back guides for 50 cents at most.[/quote]

there are a few Stores that give 2-4 bucks per guide.. few years back i got like 20 guides at BB for 20 cents and went to 4 stores and sold 10 of them for 30 cash.. That wasnt the best though. I took 2 of the guides and Paid 2 bucks each to trade them for another guide (XENOGEARS) sold those guides on ebay for 30-50 each..

UPDATE: I got those guilds monday and went to pick them up and the manager refuse to sell me them. Well i went back today and was talking to a worker on the floor and it seems the Guides were in the back to be tossed in the trash. The worker said that they are not allow to sell guides for a penny and that is why the manager said if i had questions to see them cause they are NOT allowed to sell guides for a penny...

ANyone need DOA guide or Ninja turtles 2 Guide pm me i dont need them now (finshed the turtles 2 game and never had DOA)

Just came back from Best Buy in San Jose, CA. Picked up:

Star Ocean x2
Smackdown vs. Raw
Ratchet n Clank:UYA x2

They had one more Star Ocean, a TON of RnC:UYA, and a bunch of THUG 2 and NBA 2K5 if interested. Also I am willing to trade/sell a Star Ocean and Ratchet n Clank. Looking for MGS:Twin Snakes, Psi-Ops, or MGS 3 guides. PM if interested.

[quote name='FFMooglestar'][quote name='zman73']Sweet news on the NCAA and Def Jam guides... picked up a couple of each... took in 8 penny guides to my local games store for trading, picked up Mario Golf (non GH) for 30 cents out of pocket :D[/quote]

Which store do you trade guides at?[/quote]

Sorry... it is a local store that give me 2 bucks credit for each game guide... Ive never traded any at gamestop for the specific reason they only give you 50 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back