People suck!!!!

Hush

CAGiversary!
So I auctioned a PS2 on eBay and it ended earlier today. I checked it with about 1 1/2 hours left to make sure that there were no suspicious bidders with 0 feedback etc. and then I went over to my friend's house to watch football. I usually don't watch my auctions like a hawk, I'll just let them end and then check it later that day to send the invoices, etc. Apparently sometime between the time I checked it and the end of the auction some guy messages me with this:

"hey i accediatly hit your coulumn so if i get out bid disregard but if not im not interested nin it thank u"

I look at my items sold and I'll be damned this guy is the winner of the auction!! Arrrgh!!! As if him sending me this message magically relieves him of his obligation to pay if he wins. I hate people that don't realize when they bid on something, win, and then just decide they don't wanna pay, it costs the seller both time and money. How would you guys go about handling this situation? I know I need to file for the FVF. But in the meantime, what should I do?

Thanks...

Make sure the guy is absolutely not paying, then offer the next highest bidder a Second Chance Offer, and hope he accepts it. Then, after a week, file a Non-Paying Bidder thing against the guy, and leave negative feedback. Do whatever you can to get vengeance.

Offer a 2nd chance to as many people as possible. Forcing the non-payer to pay will only result in a chargeback from paypal against you once he receives the item.

How can you not know you are bidding on something? It's now a multistep process that even a complete moron couldn't do accidentally.

This guy's just a liar who probably bid on three of them and won one for less money just before your auction closed.

OK so earlier I sent him a polite message explaining why its not a good idea to go around winning auctions when you're not planning to pay, etc. I just checked again I got three messages from him:

"naaa man im going to take it sorry man for the enconvience ill take it thanks though man i hope i have fun with it later"

"i can pay with my bebt card right"

"hey im trying to use pay pal so bare with me"

I'm not sure what a bebt card is, and I don't accept PayPal. So I just messaged him expaining that I don't take PayPal (another pet peeve of mine: bidders that just assume everyone on eBay accepts PayPal payments without even reading the entire auction description) and I explained the payment methods I do accept (money order and BidPay). Now I'm waiting for his response. He also checked out and marked the item as "payment sent" even though I know he obviously hasn't paid yet.

I had someone bid up one of my games from this last round of ebay. Won it for close to what it retails for, but not what I paid for lol, and emails me about 2hrs after winning if I can offer it to the 2nd highest because his friend has the game and is gonna give it to him. Im debating on what my next course of action is gonna be.

Just wondering, how much did your ps2 go for? I just sold mine on ebay Saturday and it went awfully high, about $112 dollars. A slim PS2 with a memory card and component cables. The guy still hasn't paid me yet, or email me and I'm probably just concern over nothing, but I just wanna send it out on Monday. :cry:

Its a fatty with a Logitech Wireless Action Controller. It went for 81.00 which I thought was awfully high as well.

Now this guy messages me telling me I've confused him and he can't figure out how to pay with BidPay.

[quote name='Hush']"hey i accediatly hit your coulumn so if i get out bid disregard but if not im not interested nin it thank u"[/quote]
I'd send two MyEbay messages:

"I'm sorry you don't want my item. Unfortunately you are bound by contract to pay. Here's a copy of Ebay's policy: (link)"

If he pays, great!

If you get the usual screw-you response from the buyer:

"Yes well your mistake cost me $2.00 dollars in listing fees. If you were me, you would not be happy either." ----- Then I'd file Unpaid Dispute. Maybe having a Strike will teach Bozo the Clown not to be so careless & thoughtless with Other People's Money.

:bouncy:

[quote name='Michaellvortega']ebay is getting worse everyday.[/QUOTE]
and paypal is getting worse everyday

Hope it works out, Ebay sometimes screws sellers in the way it lets buyers get away with things. Keep us posted!

And it gets worse. His latest message:

"i still havent fixed man but i was trying to get a hold of ebay and see if they can help sorry for the enconvenice"

Is this guy serious? You need eBay to help you click on a link that's clearly in the auction description and enter some self-explanatory information to make your payment? At this point its pretty obvious that this guy is trying to give me the run around, as if acting confused is gonna somehow get him out of paying for the item and an unpaid item strike.

Question: Do you guys always leave negative feedback for people like this, or do you withhold in fear of them leaving a retaliation negative on you?

I've only had one guy not pay and I gave him an unpaid strike, but didn't give him the negative feedback because of retaliation. I only have 67 feedback, so a negative would be pretty bad for me. Anyway, I can't even see anything that lets anybody know he has an unpaid strike on his feedback or anything so I fail to see the usefulness of it unless he gets enough to get kicked off ebay.

That auction pissed me off too because nobody takes second chance offers and I had to relist and ended up getting $10 less.

So yeah, just try to second chance it and forget the guy, he's obviously an idiot, then file the unpaid strike and give him a negative if you have enough to take it.

(1) You don't think giving 3 strikes & banning them from Ebay is a worthwhile goal? I sure do. 3 of my NPBs got banned and I had a big smile on my face like this- :D

(2) You won't get a retaliation if your Non-payer didn't respond to the Dispute.

[quote name='Hush']"i still havent fixed man but i was trying to get a hold of ebay and see if they can help sorry for the enconvenice". Is this guy serious? [/quote]

No. There's a 99.0% chance he's lying. I had a guy like that last christmas; day after day he had a different problem with his credit card or paypal or some such thing; finally he agreed to send me a $10 bill.

I got nothing.

Don't them string you along. Open an Unpaid Item dispute & give them a strike as fast as possible. Teach them you don't dick around with dicks.

Based on the intelligence level this guy is displaying, I doubt he'd even be able to hook up a PS2, let alone figure out how to pay for it (if he's even trying to).

eBay has been in a downward spiral for some time now - I've been hearing more and more of these kind of stories on a regular basis. It's really unfortunate.

I do hope you get someone to eventually pay for the console. Good luck, bud.

He's still acting confused and/or taking forever to respond to messages.

I have to wait until the 10th before I can open the unpaid item dispute.

[quote name='Hush']He's still acting confused and/or taking forever to respond to messages.

I have to wait until the 10th before I can open the unpaid item dispute.[/QUOTE]

That's another thing that pisses me off, how long it is before you can file unpaid. I sold some lady a copy of DDR Mario, maybe for like 10 bucks more than I paid for it, I just really needed the money at that moment. Well, she wins on a friday, and then takes until the next friday to pay.

She sniped the auction, winning it in the last 30 minutes, but apparently couldn't be bothered to stick around and pay via paypal. If they won't let you enforce that you'd like to be paid within 24 hours of the end of the auction as it states, it totally sucks as a process.

fuck you, pay me, that's all I'm saying. I plan on negativing that buyer for slow payment on the 90th day after the auction ended, at the last possible second.

[quote name='superstevedogg']That's another thing that pisses me off, how long it is before you can file unpaid. .[/quote]
Morning of day 8.

She only made you wait one week; that's not that bad; at least she paid.

[quote name='fred_h_haddad']Morning of day 8.

She only made you wait one week; that's not that bad; at least she paid.[/QUOTE]

While it is great that I was paid, the terms of the auction were that payment was to be made within 24 hours of the end of the auction. And on top of that, the buyer wasn't answering emails...just left a bad taste in my mouth.

If the terms say, "24 hours" and the buyer does not meet those terms you are no longer obligated to complete the transaction. (Or so say the Ebay employees I emailed last year about this same problem.)

On day 2 you could make a second chance offer to the next guy.
On day 2 you could do a relist.
If the original buyer sends payment you can reject it.
And file Unpaid Dispute on day 8 stating they failed to meet the terms of sale.

[P.S. There's no 90 day limit on leaving feedback. If you use the site map feature & remember the item number you can leave feedback as later as 150 days (and I have).]

There's not much left to report on my situation except that the guy is now ignoring me and I'm just waiting to give him the strike. I think I'm going to leave this guy negative feedback as well and not worry about the retaliation because he has 0 so after I leave the neg he'll have -1 and hopefully he will learn his lesson when sellers cancel his bids in the future. I have 239 positive right now so I'm not really worried about a neg from a guy who can't even type coherent sentences. What do you guys think?

hey

What would I do? Well you should have gotten his home address when he won the auction. Maybe he can use a bunch of magazine subscription?? SIGN HIME UP !!!!

[quote name='tyky2004']hey

What would I do? Well you should have gotten his home address when he won the auction. Maybe he can use a bunch of magazine subscription?? SIGN HIME UP !!!![/quote]
gay prono lol..........................

[quote name='superstevedogg']That's another thing that pisses me off, how long it is before you can file unpaid. I sold some lady a copy of DDR Mario, maybe for like 10 bucks more than I paid for it, I just really needed the money at that moment. Well, she wins on a friday, and then takes until the next friday to pay.

She sniped the auction, winning it in the last 30 minutes, but apparently couldn't be bothered to stick around and pay via paypal. If they won't let you enforce that you'd like to be paid within 24 hours of the end of the auction as it states, it totally sucks as a process.

fuck you, pay me, that's all I'm saying. I plan on negativing that buyer for slow payment on the 90th day after the auction ended, at the last possible second.[/quote]

I'm still going around in circles with some woman over a $5 loco roco dangler she won. It's been close to three weeks and she's saying that her paypal is "broken." She already had a somewhat spotty feedback history (but still 90%'ish positive) and just recently turned it private.

Every auction after this one I made it a requirement to pay via paypal as soon as they win the auction.

bread's done
Back