Pepsi Blue and Mountain dew Pitch black!

Slate

CAGiversary!
Who remembers these sodas? I drank pepsi blue all the time back in 2002 and 2003, It was (And still is) My favorite soda. As for pitch black, I didn't drink it very often but I thought it was good.

One reason why I may have liked pepsi blue so much is because I was allergic to A Red dye or cherry flavoring in slushes. That particular type of dye or flavoring made me vomit every time I drank it.

I found out a way to make a soda similar to pepsi blue, All you need is one can of mountain dew (Regular mountain dew) then you pour some Berry blue kool aid into it and you stir it. You aren't supposed to put much kool aid in.

I heard that pepsi blue is still sold in mexico and that it has been seen in malaysia.

In fact, I still have five sealed cans of Pepsi blue and 6 Unopened bottles of pitch black. Would they still be OK to drink? I want to taste pepsi blue again, But The soda is four freaking years old! How would it taste now?

By the way, There is a site that sells harder to find sodas. It is www.popsoda.com Sadly they don't sell any pepsi products.

Edit: No haters, Please. If you didn't care for one of these sodas (Or neither) Please state your opinion politely. For example, "I did not care for that soda" (Heh, I wish myself luck with some of the jerks on here!)

[quote name='whoknows']I used to get those 1 liter bottles of Pepsi Blue and drink one a day.[/quote]

I wish I did that! Man!

Sealed cans of pepsi blue have been fetching $10 each on ebay. $16 or $17 shipped. I should get a pepsi blue Tee shirt!

[quote name='CouRageouS']Did Pepsi Blue sorta taste like blue otter pops? I kinda want to remember them that way.[/quote]

Not from what I remember, Some people said thatthat pepsi blue tasted like cotton candy but I mostly remember the aftertaste of blueberry flavoring.

I tried the mountain dew black once because I love regular, code red, and that taco bell exclusive one, and all I can say is it was the most disgusting thing I ever tasted.

Eventually I tried mixing it with this equally bad cheap dark rum that was sitting around and it turned out drinkable, but hardly.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']i hated Pepsi blue

Vanilla Coke ftw?[/quote]

I didn't create the topic for people to come in here and claim that they hated it. Go away, This topic is for people who liked either pepsi blue or mountain dew pitch black, Or both. I will now edit the topic to state that.

Edit: I like vanilla coke but Not as much as I like pepsi blue. We all like different types of food, Mmmkay?

[quote name='Slate']I didn't create the topic for people to come in here and claim that they hated it. Go away, This topic is for people who liked either pepsi blue or mountain dew pitch black, Or both. I will now edit the topic to state that.

Edit: I like vanilla coke but Not as much as I like pepsi blue. We all like different types of food, Mmmkay?[/quote]

if ms. garrison and mr. mackey had a child....it would be you

sorry if you thought i was shitting all over your thread, i wasnt. i just made that statement to show how i feel about pepsi blue

no hard feelings? i never tried Mountain Dew Pitch Black...what does it taste like?

[quote name='Slate']Not from what I remember, Some people said thatthat pepsi blue tasted like cotton candy but I mostly remember the aftertaste of blueberry flavoring.[/QUOTE]
Cotton Candy! That certainly triggers some taste bud memories of Pepsi Blue. Then it would fade into that artificial blue colored taste. Like blue snowcone syrup type stuff.

I was just thinking about Pitch Black yesterday. Or was it Sunday? Anyway, I didn't find it to be the kind of 'limited edition' flavor that wouldn't find a niche for them to justify bringing it back every summer or two.

That said, I don't expect them to do it, but instead perhaps tweak the 'grape' angle somewhere down the road. I also get the impression Game Fuel didn't really resonate with it's target audience...or anyone else, for that matter. Mountain Dew aficionados being stubborn and reactionary...who knew?

Me, I'd just like my Pepsi One not being a 'rare drop' for merchandisers around these parts. People seem to have latched on to Coke Zero but not its source of inspiration. That truly baffles me.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']i hated Pepsi blue

Vanilla Coke ftw?[/quote]

Whoooaoaaaaa, you just brought back some wicked memories!!! vanilla coke (especially when warm!!) was awesome!

...pepsi blue, i dont remember. was it anything like pepsi clear?

Did anyone like Pitch Black 2 (I believe it was just Pitch Black with a sour taste) more than Pitch Black? I bought like 6 cases of it once it was discontinued... Great stuff.

On the subject of Mountain Dew Variants, Code Red was my favorite. Never had Pitch Black. Game Fuel in slurpee form was quite good though.

I liked Pepsi Blue the first time I had it, but I absolutely hated it the second time. I didn't have it again, so my memory is that it was pretty shitty.

Mountain Dew Pitch Black, however, was good. I'm pretty sure I liked that a lot.

Ah, those were both pretty good. I actually sort of like that Game Fuel stuff people are saying tastes like cough syrup. I think it tastes like the exact opposite of cough syrup; it's super sweet. And it has too much caffiene for something that's not labeled as an "energy drink."

[quote name='dastly75']Pepsi Blue always tasted like Blue Airhead candy to me. Not bad though.[/quote]

Hey man! Say what you want about Pepsi Blue, but don't diss blue Airheads! Those things are the best! Well, they're not the best candy ever, to be sure, but they're still pretty good, gosh darnit!

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']

Hey man! Say what you want about Pepsi Blue, but don't diss blue Airheads! Those things are the best! Well, they're not the best candy ever, to be sure, but they're still pretty good, gosh darnit![/quote]

I wasn't dissing it, I was just stating they tasted similar. I like airheads. Haven't had any in a really long time though.

[quote name='reicaden']Whoooaoaaaaa, you just brought back some wicked memories!!! vanilla coke (especially when warm!!) was awesome!

[/quote]

You do realize that Vanilla Coke has been brought back, and is available again, right???

Never tried Pitch Black, and I think I may have tried Pepsi Blue a long time ago, but I don't remember my verdict. What I do remember, though, is the love affair I had with Mountain Dew LiveWire many summers ago. It tasted like tangerine soda. I loved it so much, I even had my stepmom bake me a LiveWire cake for my birthday. It was delicious! :D

Pitch Black 2 was my favorite Dew variant. As to the best discontinued Pepsi product...Josta without a doubt. I still have some Pitch Black.

Hated Pepsi Blue, first time I tried it I bought a one liter bottle for 40 cents at a gas station, that was a rip off.

Pitch black was pretty good tho, could only remember buying it at 711 tho.

Vanilla coke I didn't like at first, but it grew on me. Actually had some a couple of weeks ago at my girlfriends mothers house, it happen to be expired by over a year but still tasted the same.

Eithe way all of these other soda are nothin compared to Surge. Probably one of the worst things for you to ever reach the market, but it tasted good. I remember a friend drinking an entire 12 pack in less then 20 minutes and then deciding to run for a mile. Good times

I liked pepsi blue, but I am still convinced to this day that its failure was because it was branded a Pepsi variant and not an independent soda. They claimed it was something like raspberry and cola fused when it clearly wasn't.

Pitch Black is tied for the best Mountain Dew variant ever. I hate grape soda, but this stuff was great. The sequel was terrible though. I was so pissed when i got home with a 12-pack and found out it was sour.

Live wire deserves mention though. Such a damn good flavor.

Vanilla coke sucked. There wasn't nearly enough vanilla in it for a true 50's diner style Vanilla coke.

My mom ordered one years ago when we were in the SouthWest for family, and I tried it. Best fucking soda ever...now if I want a true vanilla coke there's like only one place around that serves it =\

In other news, this thread makes me want Crystal Pepsi.

pepsi blue was a drug to me. i could kill a 2 liter with no trouble in a day. made taco bell taste so much better and was pretty good as a slushie flavor too. i also liked mountain dew code red. im mad i never got to try holiday pepsi. vanilla coke could have been alot better and would be better if done with pepsi. i also liked that pepsi with lemon in it.

Last I saw Pitch Black was last year a little bit before Halloween. Mountain Dew had been using it as a Halloween limited edition for some years but I forgot to check for it this year since I rather like it. Hope it's not completely discontinued, but if it is then I guess I'll have to stick to Ftiz's Grape Soda and Sparkling White Grapejuice for alternatives even though they may be a bit more pricey.

Pitch Black was ok, PB2 i didn't care for. Blue I tried once or twice and it didn't really click with me.
MD Livewire is my all time favorite! I love that stuff!
MD GameFuel is good too, it's like driking cherry syrup, a bit too sweet.
I wish Pepsi would start selling that MD Baja Blast in stores, it's like a MD with a lot more lime.

Pepsi and Coke should do limited edition re-releases of Crystal Pepsi and New Coke...there are whole generations that didn't get to experience those.

I can see Pepsi releasing Crystal Pepsi again for nostalgia's sake, but Coke wants to forget New Coke ever existed, kind of like George Lucas wants to forget the Holiday Special.

Is Mountain Dew Baja Blast still @ Taco Bell??

It's my all-time favorite Dew variation and I'm DYING to drink some when I get home for x-mas! :D

[quote name='Gameboy415']Is Mountain Dew Baja Blast still @ Taco Bell??

It's my all-time favorite Dew variation and I'm DYING to drink some when I get home for x-mas! :D[/QUOTE]

You and me both.

Its still available at Taco Bell. I wish it was sold in stores :(.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']I'm guessing Pitch Black was like a mexican Sangria?

Oh, and who else loves apple pop (Sidral, Manzanita, etc.)?!?
[/quote]

Manzanita is pretty good stuff. It's pretty sweet though. I guess that must just be a problem with making soda taste like apples, though. Every apple soda I've tasted is just too sweet. Obviously, however, I haven't had very many kinds of apple soda.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']I'm guessing Pitch Black was like a mexican Sangria?

Oh, and who else loves apple pop (Sidral, Manzanita, etc.)?!?[/quote]

I haven't tasted any apple soda, But I know a site that sells them.

www.popsoda.com

Do you think it would be safe to drink one of my pepsi blues? They have been in a rather cool place for a long time. I also have lots of red cream soda but it is like 2 or 3 years old now..

[quote name='E_G_Man']Mountain Dew has a contest where you can create the new Mountain Dew flavor. http://www.dewmocracy.com/

I don't know much about it though.[/quote]

I heard of it but I don't want to sign up because I'm afraid that they'll send a bunch of junk to my email address!

[quote name='Gameboy415']Is Mountain Dew Baja Blast still @ Taco Bell??

It's my all-time favorite Dew variation and I'm DYING to drink some when I get home for x-mas! :D[/QUOTE]
Pepsi summer mix tastes exactly like Baja Blast.

[quote name='youbastards']Pitch Black was ok, PB2 i didn't care for. Blue I tried once or twice and it didn't really click with me.
MD Livewire is my all time favorite! I love that stuff!
MD GameFuel is good too, it's like driking cherry syrup, a bit too sweet.
I wish Pepsi would start selling that MD Baja Blast in stores, it's like a MD with a lot more lime.

Pepsi and Coke should do limited edition re-releases of Crystal Pepsi and New Coke...there are whole generations that didn't get to experience those.

I can see Pepsi releasing Crystal Pepsi again for nostalgia's sake, but Coke wants to forget New Coke ever existed, kind of like George Lucas wants to forget the Holiday Special.[/QUOTE]I was with you until you mentioned Baja Blast. I've always related that soda to carbonated Scope mouthwash, and I stand by that to this day. It's not spit-it-out nasty, but it's definitely interesting in a not so good way (at least to me).

I would love to try New Coke, as I never did get a chance to try it (at least to my recollection). I would definitely try Crystal Pepsi again if they re-released it. It definitely had a different taste. Tasted more carbonated and less sugary, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

And I'll repeat, MD LiveWire is the best ever. Any non-believers really owe it to themselves to seek it out.

I hated Pepsi Blue. However Pitch Black was pretty good.

I loved Vanilla Coke and MD Limewire was pretty awesome too.

However another limited issue drink I wish I would have brought a bunch of is MD: Game Fuel. That stuff was awesome.

[quote name='Javil']And I'll repeat, MD LiveWire is the best ever. Any non-believers really owe it to themselves to seek it out.[/quote]

Yeah, I remember when they used to only release it in the summer. Pissed me off, since it's the best tasting mountain dew. Don't know about anyone else, but Code Red really tastes a lot like Hawaiian Punch to me.

Seeing this thread reminded me of a drink that Pepsi released about 3 years ago, Holiday Spice. It has ginger & cinnamon mixed in it and tasted decent.

One I'm hoping they never re-introduce is the Pepsi Summer Mix. That had to be the worst drink Pepsi has put out. Somehow they tried to mix Pepsi with a generic Mountain Dew and got a drink that even when you're drunk tastes awful.

I love the summer mix pepsi. Hell, I am drinking one right now as I am typing this. Taste's like a mix of pepsi blue and mountain dew to me.

bread's done
Back