Pepsi's "Drink up, Rock out" promotion - Win DLC and Games! STARTS JUNE 2ND!

I really need to be checking the "Free Stuff" forums more often. I can't believe I've been missing out on this for almost a month! Time to rack up some Wii Points...

Last day of my class, and I only hauled in another 5 caps. 22/22 on songs. 0/2 on the RB bundle. And I have 4 points just sitting in my account. I'm guessing the odds of winning a bundle aren't very good, so I'm waiting to see if they rotate some more songs through the list.

Did ebay ban the auctions on these or something? There were a ton up a few days ago but now there's only a couple. One I had on my watch list just disappeared completely and the item number is invalid now.

[quote name='avatar94']Did ebay ban the auctions on these or something? There were a ton up a few days ago but now there's only a couple. One I had on my watch list just disappeared completely and the item number is invalid now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess it's against the rules to sell just the codes. Some seem to be getting around it by either packaging the codes with something else like a shirt or a keychain. Others are stating that they're charging for their time and effort, not the codes themselves. I'm sure the ones that did get pulled are going to pop back up trying one of these methods. Or you could always keep an eye out for a "buy it now" lot and nab it before it gets pulled down.

Does any one know when they updated the list? I know they added the Green Day Songs... But how soon after did they add it to the list when it came out?
Im wondering if i should wait for the 7/21 DLC to pop up on the list or if i should just buy them when they come out...

[quote name='Nintendokid54']Does any one know when they updated the list? I know they added the Green Day Songs... But how soon after did they add it to the list when it came out?
Im wondering if i should wait for the 7/21 DLC to pop up on the list or if i should just buy them when they come out...[/QUOTE]

It is very hit and miss. As of now- there is no time table for DLC to come out on.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']Does any one know when they updated the list? I know they added the Green Day Songs... But how soon after did they add it to the list when it came out?
Im wondering if i should wait for the 7/21 DLC to pop up on the list or if i should just buy them when they come out...[/QUOTE]

The Green Day songs were added the same day they came out as DLC.

59/59 with 59 unused... 18 are going on Wii for FFIV: The After, so that leaves me with 41 for... I have no idea. Hopefully more songs come to the promotion.

Sorry if answered, I read the last couple of pages.

Is there a daily redemption limit for Wii codes?
Just put in 3 and get an error on the fourth.

I know someone said there was a limit for PS3.

[quote name='dallow']Sorry if answered, I read the last couple of pages.

Is there a daily redemption limit for Wii codes?
Just put in 3 and get an error on the fourth.

I know someone said there was a limit for PS3.[/QUOTE]

Don't think there is, I've put in 6-12 codes at a time before and haven't had any problems. Only time I've gotten an error is when I misread a number, sometimes the 5 looks like a 6 to me if I'm looking at it from the page after picking the song/code.

I notice sometimes I would get a error sometimes when i try to redeem codes, all i had to do was type it again & it worked. I redeemed like 50 wii codes today, my dsi & wii will have hella points. this promotion is awesome. I lost a couple of points at first because I was entering the rock band special bundle instead of the downloadable track point game.

How do you get the Wii points? I got a few songs on my 360 already, but am curious as to where you are finding the Wii points. When you pick a song, does it just give you points because there is no out of game Wii Rock Band store?

Thanks guys.
For some reason, that code just didn't work on the Wii, but it worked on my DSi.
Added a bunch of codes today.

wow, just discovered this promotion a few days ago...this is pretty much the best thing ever for Wii owners. I don't own Rockband, but I am going to clean out the WiiWare/VC stores when I get enough caps. 5/5 so far.

[quote name='Melatonin']wow, just discovered this promotion a few days ago...this is pretty much the best thing ever for Wii owners. I don't own Rockband, but I am going to clean out the WiiWare/VC stores when I get enough caps. 5/5 so far.[/QUOTE]

Yep!

AND, many games that I were on the fence about- now seem a lot more possible.

btw, any tips for good places to find discarded pepsi bottles? obviously there are recycling places, but I'm not sure if there are any near me where you can just drop off recycling, and there's no one there watching you/taking it off your hands (instead of you discarding it yourself, meaning you are free to dumpster dive and not feel awkward).

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']How many Wii points do you get per cap?

Right now, I'm still going through the songs for my 360, but if I can get free games for my Wii... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

You get 200 Wii points per cap.

[quote name='The Spike']You get 200 Wii points per cap.[/QUOTE]

Well, damn. This changes things. :shock:

I've still got songs for the 360 I want, but now I need to juggle my Rock Band addiction with my desire for free classic Nintendo games.

[quote name='Wazzup36']Just got a 4th code that doesn't work, comes up invalid. Such bull![/QUOTE]

Is it a Pepsi code (from the cap) or a code to redeem for points/a song?

I think I just answered my own question. The city pool that I have a membership to and visit a few times a week serves pepsi products, and a quick look at a recycling bin gained me 5 caps. And this was at a slow time as well; on a good day there are well over 100 people at the pool.

[quote name='Melatonin']I think I just answered my own question. The city pool that I have a membership to and visit a few times a week serves pepsi products, and a quick look at a recycling bin gained me 5 caps. And this was at a slow time as well; on a good day there are well over 100 people at the pool.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't do it infront of a lot of people

Caps is not worth a loss in dignity.

That is my personal opinion anyway.

If I see a cap, I will only take it if no one I know is around.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I wouldn't do it infront of a lot of people

Caps is not worth a loss in dignity.

That is my personal opinion anyway.

If I see a cap, I will only take it if no one I know is around.[/QUOTE]

I don't really consider swiping a few caps from a recycling bin an undignified action, but then again I don't really care if people think it's weird or not. Now I don't think I would go diving through a trash can in front of someone, but I may do it if no one's around. To me, the ends justify the means.

It's times like this, I miss living in the country. There was a backroad with just TONS of discarded Pepsi bottles. During the one MLB thing they ran, I walked my sister down through there and just kicked bottles out to her. She got a ton of stuff from them.

Only rule if you do that, open MD bottles with liquid in them at your own risk. It might be Mountain Dew... it might be Mountain Don't.

[quote name='pyoobez']It's times like this, I miss living in the country. There was a backroad with just TONS of discarded Pepsi bottles. During the one MLB thing they ran, I walked my sister down through there and just kicked bottles out to her. She got a ton of stuff from them.

Only rule if you do that, open MD bottles with liquid in them at your own risk. It might be Mountain Dew... it might be Mountain Don't.[/QUOTE]

I lol'ed

[quote name='Desiboi1992']Bleh... I wish it was coke doing this promotion. Coke is so much better than Pepsi.[/QUOTE]
I feel your pain. That's why I only get my caps from recycling bins and such, not by buying that garbage Pepsi.

[quote name='Desiboi1992']Bleh... I wish it was coke doing this promotion. Coke is so much better than Pepsi.[/QUOTE]

They're both crap. Should have kept Pepsi Throwback going and put caps on it.

Just found out that the Wii has a limit of 20,000 points. Why would they do that...

Hopefully something that I want gets released soon. I still have 150ish codes to enter for wii points.

Oh man, I've been trying to get some help for getting Secret Of Mana on the Wii's VC but I can't purchase a card for this reason as it a waste and no Pepsi's in my area.

Anyone willing to help me out on getting this game I hear such great things about?
I only need 100 points in order to buy it aswell.

Any help is apreciatted...Thanks.

[quote name='jling84']Just found out that the Wii has a limit of 20,000 points. Why would they do that...

Hopefully something that I want gets released soon. I still have 150ish codes to enter for wii points.[/QUOTE]

lol

I didn't know that, 20,000 that's it. hmm only 10 cards really.

wonder why so small amount. I'll have to save some codes I think.

Well 20,000 wii points is 1000 codes, right? And isn't 1000 codes the limit on the amount of codes you can enter per account?

I claimed around 5 this afternoon with no problems, make sure its a song available for the Wii. Not all songs are for some reason, and it defaults back to the redeem page and auto selects the crap box so watch out for that one too. Burned me twice last week on that one, wonder how much MS paid for that service.

[quote name='UncleBob']Anyone else getting an error message when trying to redeem for Wii Points on the Pepsi site?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am, and I'm a little concerned by that...

bread's done
Back