Pepsi's "Drink up, Rock out" promotion - Win DLC and Games! STARTS JUNE 2ND!

I work at a place where everyone drinks soda... all day so I'll be nabbing these all week hopefully. Already got 1800 points so I bought my life as a king. Next up is sin and punishment but there are also RB songs I want (kings of leon this week woooooo)

[quote name='wolverinefactor']I work at a place where everyone drinks soda... all day so I'll be nabbing these all week hopefully. Already got 1800 points so I bought my life as a king. Next up is sin and punishment but there are also RB songs I want (kings of leon this week woooooo)[/QUOTE]

I hope they add Kings of Leon to the DLC list. Last week they didn't add anything. I wanted some of the Dead Weather songs!!!!

[quote name='UncleBob']Anyone else getting an error message when trying to redeem for Wii Points on the Pepsi site?[/QUOTE]

I noticed this but then I found I was choosing a non-Wii compatible song. Once I choose a different song it worked fine. That might be the issue.

[quote name='UncleBob']Anyone else getting an error message when trying to redeem for Wii Points on the Pepsi site?[/QUOTE]

I have been getting that message a lot. I have attempted to get a code with a bunch of songs and still no success.

This REALLY sucks if they are out of Wii points... I just bought 25 sodas... Has anyone gotten a Wii code in the last 12 hours? If you click Wii at the top first, you can't select a non-Wii compatible song, so I have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about there.

Wii codes are currently not working (10:30am). No idea what's going on.

Edit - free code gone.

[quote name='007']Wii codes are currently not working (10:30am). No idea what's going on.

Edit - free code gone.[/QUOTE]

Blame this fucker. --V

[quote name='jling84']Just found out that the Wii has a limit of 20,000 points. Why would they do that...

Hopefully something that I want gets released soon. I still have 150ish codes to enter for wii points.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DypaehC']Blame this fucker. --V[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't blaim him entirely.... it's Nintendo's fault really to not provide direct redemptions for these, but instead give out points. I mean it's like giving people money, but they can only buy candy. Hell I'll buy gas right now if someone gave me money.

I still have some wii codes to input into my wii...

but where is everyone having the issues now? redeeming for wii songs ? or redeeming the 16 digit code to get the points?

This is really pissing me off. I have 2 codes that I have won on and I have some more codes to enter.

[quote name='xycury']I still have some wii codes to input into my wii...

but where is everyone having the issues now? redeeming for wii songs ? or redeeming the 16 digit code to get the points?[/QUOTE]

Redeeming for Wii songs. As soon as you click submit to get the song you get this message

Unable to redeem points for that song token. Please try again later or contact support.

[quote name='ProfWho']Redeeming for Wii songs. As soon as you click submit to get the song you get this message[/QUOTE]

ok so it's where you already won a song, but haven't picked the song.

So any wii points already redeemed, the 16 digit codes are uneffected.

Geez, maybe they closed this... haha I thought this would be a problem.

Has anyone else redeemed a song for PS3 or Xbox?

[quote name='xycury']ok so it's where you already won a song, but haven't picked the song.

So any wii points already redeemed, the 16 digit codes are uneffected.

Geez, maybe they closed this... haha I thought this would be a problem.

Has anyone else redeemed a song for PS3 or Xbox?[/QUOTE]

Just redeemed six caps for six songs on the 360...no problems. 40/40

[quote name='m3talst0rm']Just redeemed six caps for six songs on the 360...no problems. 40/40[/QUOTE]

ok, well no caps in my hand, I'll see if I can get one and test on the Wii side.

maybe they caught the loophole that they ridiculously left open........ and decided to shut down the entire service, which would be bad still.

[quote name='ProfWho']Really, they ought to maybe make it so you can lose once and a while instead.[/QUOTE]

well I just tried a code just now, and got the same error message for ANY song on Wii.

well the rules are that it's 5000 .... so I'm thinking that they're aren't enough people to lose if it's that high.

I did the math before and it's quite a bit of money for Rockband...Pepsi... Yahoo... Ninentdo... whoever has to pay these things.

This really wouldn't have been a problem... on friday. I bought 25 friggin sodas on Saturday, just for the Wii points. I already have literally everything they are offering for the 360 (most bought, first 60 or so caps used for the rest). I kept getting this same message on a Stevie Ray Vaughn song for the 360 and just finally gave up and bought it. I REALLY hope they restock the Wii points or, even better, put some more new stuff up to redeem for. Otherwise, I'm fucked.

Edit: Just contacted customer service. Don't really expect much from it, but it can't hurt, and if enough people email them, they might actually pay attention and fix it.

I hear what everyone is saying, but can someone take all of the information and write a detailed summary in here? I want to make sure I know what is going on.

[quote name='nnthomas']Detailed report:

* When you try to redeem a pepsi code for a wii code, you get an error[/QUOTE]

I entered all of my Pepsi codes onto my account. I then clicked 'Redeem for track' for each one. I did not redeem the track though, so when I go to ACCOUNT HISTORY, I see 'redeem for track' on quite a few of them.

Am I going to bypass the problem, or when I click 'redeem for track' in ACCOUNT HISTORY and click Wii, and any song- am I going to get an error here?

How long has this been happening for? I redeemed for Wii Points on Friday.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I entered all of my Pepsi codes onto my account. I then clicked 'Redeem for track' for each one. I did not redeem the track though, so when I go to ACCOUNT HISTORY, I see 'redeem for track' on quite a few of them.

Am I going to bypass the problem, or when I click 'redeem for track' in ACCOUNT HISTORY and click Wii, and any song- am I going to get an error here?

How long has this been happening for? I redeemed for Wii Points on Friday.[/QUOTE]
You will get the error.
Started this morning I believe.

Crap, because I have some tokens I still needed to redeem!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I entered all of my Pepsi codes onto my account. I then clicked 'Redeem for track' for each one. I did not redeem the track though, so when I go to ACCOUNT HISTORY, I see 'redeem for track' on quite a few of them.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you will.

How long has this been happening for? I redeemed for Wii Points on Friday.

Since last night. I was able to redeem points yesterday afternoon, but last night I could not.

[quote name='ProfWho']Yes, you will.

Since last night. I was able to redeem points yesterday afternoon, but last night I could not.[/QUOTE]

When you try to redeem.... does it 'use' the code? Or it just says error, and the code can be used in the future?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']When you try to redeem.... does it 'use' the code? Or it just says error, and the code can be used in the future?[/QUOTE]

I am not redeeming a code, I am redeeming the token and it just gives an error message. You still could redeem it for a PS3 or 360 song.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']When you try to redeem.... does it 'use' the code? Or it just says error, and the code can be used in the future?[/QUOTE]
It doesn't waste your token/win.
Allows you to try to choose again, or hit cancel and save the token.

[quote name='zenintrude']"We are in the process of getting more Wii tokens. Please check back later this week to get your token for this song."[/QUOTE]

That's the only thing I could think of if they didn't purposely screw it up.

So many Wii users getting the points that they drained out of code generations.

[quote name='zenintrude']"We are in the process of getting more Wii tokens. Please check back later this week to get your token for this song."[/QUOTE]

Ah....that makes me feel so much better.

[quote name='dallow']Where'd you get that message? I also sent an email to CS but no reply yet.

:prays:[/QUOTE]

It's the message you get when you try to get a Wii song now... so, it should clear up. Breathe a sigh of relief.

Hmm...more demand than expected? At least they seem to be working a solution now to get the site back up and running. Hopefully site is up and working in a few hours.

[quote name='vic_x51']so the last day to submit codes for songs is july 28th?[/QUOTE]

September 13, 2009 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET

[quote name='ShadowX']September 13, 2009 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET[/QUOTE]
thanks, now i don't need to rush to my supermarket today lol

[quote name='vic_x51']so the last day to submit codes for songs is july 28th?[/QUOTE]

so very wrong, that's the end date for the Beatles video contest.

Plenty of time left for more wii point hoarding

So I screwed up and picked the wrong system twice.

I have two 360 codes:

Coheed and Cambria "The Running Free"
System of a Down "Toxicity"

I'm hoping someone who wants these songs has some caps laying around, so I could trade for that and get the PS3 songs.

If not, anyone know if calling the 800 number could fix this?

I just figured it wasn't worth it when I had a similar slip up a week or so ago, I just posted the code and was done with it

[quote name='Geauxn']So I screwed up and picked the wrong system twice.
I'm hoping someone who wants these songs has some caps laying around, so I could trade for that and get the PS3 songs.

If not, anyone know if calling the 800 number could fix this?[/QUOTE]

I didn't try the 800 number, but have sent my information to the customer support e-mail address such that they're looking into the two 360 codes that I was given.

Still can't figure out how it happened; I think the system's default is 360, even if you've given them the information to know that you own the PS3 version of the game. Not ideal design, but I'm hopeful they'll take care of it (if not -- I'll end up posting the codes here to try and trade).

[quote name='bjkrautk']I didn't try the 800 number, but have sent my information to the customer support e-mail address such that they're looking into the two 360 codes that I was given.

Still can't figure out how it happened; I think the system's default is 360, even if you've given them the information to know that you own the PS3 version of the game. Not ideal design, but I'm hopeful they'll take care of it (if not -- I'll end up posting the codes here to try and trade).[/QUOTE]

When I contacted them for the same thing, the reply I got was that they could not do anything about it. Annoying.

I'm going to be so disappointed if this doesn't get fixed, but at the same time it's almost unbelievable that they've been letting it go so long.

so I come to check thinking there where some good new songs to download being as there are 50+ posts in this thread today, turns out it's just stupid wii points :whistle2:(

bread's done
Back