Pepsi's "Drink up, Rock out" promotion - Win DLC and Games! STARTS JUNE 2ND!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']4800 points is $48, and you paid $15.

Not bad.[/QUOTE]

Yep. And I have the bottles of diet pepsi as well. Not a big diet pepsi guy but the deal seemed well worth it.

[quote name='Hostile']When I redeem a song for the Wii is every song just a code for 200 Wii Points?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, even if you keep redeeming the same song over and over it just gives you a different code for 200 Wii points.

[quote name='zenintrude']Read the fucking thread[/QUOTE]

When a thread is 35 pages long and the first page does not yield an answer, it's easier to just ask.

[quote name='Melatonin']Yeah, even if you keep redeeming the same song over and over it just gives you a different code for 200 Wii points.[/QUOTE]

Thank ye' kindly.

[quote name='Hostile']When a thread is 35 pages long and the first page does not yield an answer, it's easier to just ask.[/QUOTE]

Which is exactly why it's 35 pages long, except before people thought to themselves...

"When a thread is ten pages..."
and then
"When a thread is fifteen pages..."
and then
"When a thread is twenty pages..."
and on and on...

But instead we end up with threads that bloat to hell because people keep asking (and answering, don't forget that part of the problem) the same questions ad nauseum.

[quote name='tahoesnowboarder']anyone out there willing to trade 2 winning rockband codes for a ipod touch/iphone rolando game code! PM me if interested!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

And then we have this guy who keeps posting this over and over again... if anyone wanted that, they would have contacted you by now. Here's a hint: no one does.

[quote name='Got_Wii']Maybe we could have a Mod to clean up some of the posts in this thread that are no longer needed.[/QUOTE]

While it would be nice, mods only really do so much (especially when they're volunteers)... people need to police themselves, but on boards devoted to this topic, the members usually have no desire to do that for themselves.

I am new to the whole Wii Points thing so this might seem like a dumb question. Is there a website that you use to enter in the Wii Points codes for redemption or do you have to do it all through the Wii Dashboard? I know Microsoft lets you use your profile page on xbox.com to enter points codes and its always so much easier than trying to use the controller to enter the codes.

im gonna enter a code now....i hope not i was about 200 more points away to getting tetris party for the wii

edit...I won 1 and lost one......so.....the ability to lose is now possible....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flatliner718']im gonna enter a code now....i hope not i was about 200 more points away to getting tetris party for the wii

edit...I won 1 and lost one......so.....the ability to lose is now possible....[/QUOTE]

I just went 14/14 with winning codes

[quote name='WhiteRob']Whoa... I just lost 4 times in a row for songs. WTF?[/QUOTE]

Serious? Because I just steamrolled through 35 caps, back to back and never lost a one.

Unlucky much? Or trolling?

[quote name='xycury']Serious? Because I just steamrolled through 35 caps, back to back and never lost a one.

Unlucky much? Or trolling?[/QUOTE]

I thought so too. However i did lose once for the first time this morning i'm 41 for 42 caps.

[quote name='Got_Wii']They were 6 packs of 16 ounce diet pepsi. Its the smaller bottles. I wasnt really worried about the soda I just wanted some and figured I might as well get the ones with pepsi rockband caps. It was $14.14 for 24 16-oz bottles of diet pepsi. I didnt consider the deal bad because I have 24 caps for Rockband DLC now.[/QUOTE]

So it was the smaller ones? o_O Did you get them as a gasstation where they put the bundle on there themselves, or at a stores like Safeway/Walmart/Vons?

I'm 42/42... Only redeemed about half of those... Im still waiting for them to add RA... and now i have to wait for them to add Blink and Weezer since they annouced thats the next batch of DLC...

I just redeemed about 30 codes and managed to lose about 10. wtf. Never happened before. Also, I'm pretty sure I only saw the "you lose" screen pop up about 2 or 3 times though. Bummer

people actually LOSING?? damn. I'm torn... on one hand I wanna hold on to some points in case more DLC gets added to the list. On the other hand, I don't wanna be left with a bunch of points once it actually becomes hard to win songs. Hmmmm...

You can "spend" the points and win tracks, then hold onto those wins to redeem anytime before september 30th. The redemption shows up in your account history under "your account", as well as all the codes you redeemed themselves, whether they were valid or repeats and such.

They also show you all your redemption codes all at once as well, so if you redeem 10+ caps at a time, you can redeem the songs all at once, then enter each code into your console right from the list.

Maybe the reason that everyone kept winning was because it was VERY hard to find the caps at the start of the promo. This made the 5000 every day stack. It's possible that people have been entering enough codes now that it's down to only 5000 per day. The one I just entered was a winner however... 52/52

Edit: The person who lost 10 times... Have you checked your account history? The only time it said I lost before, I had still won. The page just refreshed before I saw the winning paged, so it refreshed as a losing page. I still got the token though.

Ive had 100% on 33/33 caps. I could have sworn that I had lost one, but I'm not so sure if there's a "losing" possibility except for the known limit per day. I like the theory about stacked winnings and am willing to believe that, as "losers" have been posting more and more frequently as of late.

Either way, if folks wait until midnight Pacific and THEN redeem they are guaranteed wins. I definitely wouldn't recommend late redemption unless you just don't care, win or lose.

Lost 3 today. Guess I need to do this in the AM. Of course my 33 caps today from work may have set off alarms. Need 16 more caps to get everything I officially want. After that it's random Rb songs and a few titles I wasnt going to d/l but will. Plus I told someone I'd gift them a wii :)

Here's what my account shows btw...

07/25/2009 Instant Win - Rock Band DLC 1 Try Again

[quote name='SuperSonic128']As long as we redeem early in the day, we should still be able to win 90% of the time...[/QUOTE]

I won 3 less than an hour ago.

Until I lose one, I am taking it with a grain of salt. I have been part of this forum since the beginning and have not lost.

90/90.

I just redeemed my first 3 codes for this promotion 20 minutes ago and won all 3 times on Rock Band tracks for the 360. Picked up Journey- Don't Stop Believin', Soundgarden- Pretty Noose, and Tv on the Radio- Wolf Like Me.

Where are you guys getting all these caps from? Do you just pick them up from co-workers, family members, maybe even from the trash?

Or maybe do some of you just drink that much Pepsi?

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Where are you guys getting all these caps from? Do you just pick them up from co-workers, family members, maybe even from the trash?

Or maybe do some of you just drink that much Pepsi?[/QUOTE]

I typically go through 1 bottle of diet pepsi a day at work. So that's one. My boss (department manager) also usually has 1 a day. So that's at least 10 per week. I also get some from some of my other co-workers when they get pepsi , and because I work at a grocery store I do tend to find some in the trash as well. Last sunday was the best. Ended up with 3 code caps and 2 bogo caps.

I just found out about this promo. I just entered two codes and played them back to back. One win and one loss. Since 7-22 I am 4 for 5 winning.

I have yet to lose on any caps either. I am currently 52/52 and I am going to be getting 30 more caps tomorrow, so I will update on what happens. I get my caps from recycling bins at school and work and my dad gets them from recycling bins at his work.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Where are you guys getting all these caps from? Do you just pick them up from co-workers, family members, maybe even from the trash?

Or maybe do some of you just drink that much Pepsi?[/QUOTE]

I hit up the recycle bins at work. I don't really care if people think less of me for taking the caps off of bottles. I've been doing it for a little while for the coke promos and any other contest that comes along and I've gotten a thousand or so MCR points. Sometime soon I'll throw as many as I can on one of the sweepstakes and it should give me decent odds. People seem to care a lot less about cap contests when they have to go to a website to enter a code. Additionally, I can't think of many people at my workplace that know what Rock Band is to begin with.

What's weird though is that I think my local Pepsi bottler has really screwed up. They had a simple "1 in 8 wins" a free 20oz with purchase of another contest prior to the rock band stuff... A lot of the bottles in my area have the labels from the previous contest but the rock band caps... that or Pepsi is doing an awful job of promoting this whole thing. To the people who are buying the soda, are the labels marked as having the rock band promo? To those people that might not think the contest is in your area, make sure you look at the top of the caps instead of just the labels. if you see the drum or bass guitar symbol from rock band on top, it's a working cap.

[quote name='DrBrianFields']I hit up the recycle bins at work. I don't really care if people think less of me for taking the caps off of bottles. I've been doing it for a little while for the coke promos and any other contest that comes along and I've gotten a thousand or so MCR points. Sometime soon I'll throw as many as I can on one of the sweepstakes and it should give me decent odds. People seem to care a lot less about cap contests when they have to go to a website to enter a code. Additionally, I can't think of many people at my workplace that know what Rock Band is to begin with.

What's weird though is that I think my local Pepsi bottler has really screwed up. They had a simple "1 in 8 wins" a free 20oz with purchase of another contest prior to the rock band stuff... A lot of the bottles in my area have the labels from the previous contest but the rock band caps... that or Pepsi is doing an awful job of promoting this whole thing. To the people who are buying the soda, are the labels marked as having the rock band promo? To those people that might not think the contest is in your area, make sure you look at the top of the caps instead of just the labels. if you see the drum or bass guitar symbol from rock band on top, it's a working cap.[/QUOTE]

Screw what other people think. I tell folks they're worth $2 each to redeem them. If I wasn't freelance and working for a company, id gleefully raid the trash for these caps at break or lunch. As for the latter bit, none of the Pepsi bottles here list the contest whatsoever. The ONLY way to know is by the yellow caps exclusively, which are on Pepsi, Diet, and Max as well as their Lemon-lime equivalent....I forget the name.*scurries to google*

Edit...Mist has them in the Southeast....at least in the Alabama region.

[quote name='DrBrianFields']I hit up the recycle bins at work. I don't really care if people think less of me for taking the caps off of bottles. I've been doing it for a little while for the coke promos and any other contest that comes along and I've gotten a thousand or so MCR points. Sometime soon I'll throw as many as I can on one of the sweepstakes and it should give me decent odds. People seem to care a lot less about cap contests when they have to go to a website to enter a code. Additionally, I can't think of many people at my workplace that know what Rock Band is to begin with.

What's weird though is that I think my local Pepsi bottler has really screwed up. They had a simple "1 in 8 wins" a free 20oz with purchase of another contest prior to the rock band stuff... A lot of the bottles in my area have the labels from the previous contest but the rock band caps... that or Pepsi is doing an awful job of promoting this whole thing. To the people who are buying the soda, are the labels marked as having the rock band promo? To those people that might not think the contest is in your area, make sure you look at the top of the caps instead of just the labels. if you see the drum or bass guitar symbol from rock band on top, it's a working cap.[/QUOTE]
Nope, it's just the plain Pepsi label. All the Wild Cherry Pepsi I've seen (even the two liter bottles) have the old labels, with the old logo (white stripe straight through the middle), although the diet ones have the new look. I haven't seen any information about the contest besides the website and the caps themselves. If I didn't drink Pepsi (I found some caps before the contest even started) or loved CAG so much, I'd have no idea the promotion was even going on, even with all the Rock Band I play.

Wow, I waited till midnight to cash my caps in and lost back to back on two of them. Then on my final one it said i won and I went into my account history and it said I lost.....

Yesterday, I entered in around 5 codes, and my very first one was a Loss! I was so sad the whole day, but at least now I see that I'm not the only one who is now experiencing a loss.. Either more people are now aware of this promotion, or Pepsi changed their website to ensure a less than 100% chance to win a token when they fixed the Wii codes. Bummer.

I'm 43/44. I think from now on, I'm just going to buy one Pepsi whenever I work. I won't go out of my way to buy a Pepsi or two whenever I see the opportunity if I'm no longer sure I'll be getting a token. :(

Finally found some Wild Cherry Pepsi today, and they had the Rock Band caps. So far 10/10, and I have some friends who are collecting caps from their respective workplaces as well.

I just went 25/25, but I lost 4 times in a row about 15 minutes after midnight. The 5,000 limit doesn't get renewed exactly at midnight EST then, but sometime after.

Also, I just read the complete rules, and the Wii codes expire on 12/31/09 if unredeemed.

[quote name='Blade']I just went 25/25, but I lost 4 times in a row about 15 minutes after midnight. The 5,000 limit doesn't get renewed exactly at midnight EST then, but sometime after.
[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me on 4 codes just after midnight, only it didn't tell me. I was redeeming the rest of my codes and storing the credits for songs on my account.

Every single one brought up the "You Woooooon!" page, but when I went and checked my account, 4 of them said "try again." Ah well, 107/111 ain't too shabby!

[quote name='Jackamo Jones']Same thing happened to me on 4 codes just after midnight, only it didn't tell me. I was redeeming the rest of my codes and storing the credits for songs on my account.

Every single one brought up the "You Woooooon!" page, but when I went and checked my account, 4 of them said "try again." Ah well, 107/111 ain't too shabby![/QUOTE]

This exact thing thing happened to me... bizarre. 115/119

I don't have a wii, but my gf does. What kind of stuff can you get with the wii points? I have about 8 or 9 unredeemed codes and there are no xbox 360 rockband songs I really want.

[quote name='Blade']
Also, I just read the complete rules, and the Wii codes expire on 12/31/09 if unredeemed.[/QUOTE]

Does redeemed mean just entered into the Wii? Or actually used to purchase some DLC, etc ?

bread's done
Back