Pepsi's "Drink up, Rock out" promotion - Win DLC and Games! STARTS JUNE 2ND!

Anyone having trouble redeeming codes for the 360? I just attempted to redeem for two songs (Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire and Against Me - Stop!). Both gave me codes but when I entered them on xbox.com I get: There is a problem with the offer associated with this code.

[quote name='mzbagel']Anyone having trouble redeeming codes for the 360? I just attempted to redeem for two songs (Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire and Against Me - Stop!). Both gave me codes but when I entered them on xbox.com I get: There is a problem with the offer associated with this code.[/QUOTE]

I had this problem last night. I redeemed 16 codes for PS3 songs after 12am EST, and none of the codes would be accepted on the PS Store. I checked all of them 1 by 1.

I emailed Yahoo about it, but I got a canned response about contacting EA if I didn't know how to enter codes correctly.

I tried the codes again this morning and everything worked perfectly. I would suggest you just keep trying the codes.

[quote name='mzbagel']Anyone having trouble redeeming codes for the 360?.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I'm getting the same error message while trying to redeem a dlc code that was generated weeks ago. So, I'm thinking the problem is on microsoft's end.

Has anyone successfully redeemed a code since mzbagel posted?

Anyone know when they hold weekly drawings (I know it's today, but what time, roughly)? Also, how quickly do they notify winners? Anyone here won anything from one of the weekly drawings?

[quote name='NoDAK']Yes, I'm getting the same error message while trying to redeem a dlc code that was generated weeks ago. So, I'm thinking the problem is on microsoft's end.

Has anyone successfully redeemed a code since mzbagel posted?[/QUOTE]

Still having no luck with my 360 codes. Hopefully they get this squared away before the end of the month.

[quote name='mzbagel']Still having no luck with my 360 codes. Hopefully they get this squared away before the end of the month.[/QUOTE]

Are you going to the site to redeem them or are you inputting them on the xbox itself? I've had a problem with a code that was not related at all to this contest by using the site but haven't tried it yet on my Xbox. May be worth checking it out.

I've been trying on the web based marketplace so far. Haven't had a chance to input them via the xbox. I'll give that a shot tonight to see how it goes.

[quote name='Mirpkered']I've had a problem with a code that was not related at all to this contest by using the site but haven't tried it yet on my Xbox. May be worth checking it out.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='theaznone']those having problems inputting code on xbox.com, try instead putting the codes on the xbox itself.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I had the same thought this morning. Then, I returned to my console to find out that, xbox live had gone down as well. :roll: When they eventually sorted that out, I was able to redeem my code that way.

So, did they ever fix the error? I'd much rather c&p these codes on my pc than virtually type them in on my xbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pk24']has anyone won the RB: Beatles bundle? (have they picked winners for the 2nd go around yet?)[/QUOTE]

Nobody from either round has claimed a bundle. Which I find odd.

[quote name='NoDAK']Yeah, I had the same thought this morning. Then, I returned to my console to find out that, xbox live had gone down as well. :roll: When they eventually sorted that out, I was able to redeem my code that way.

So, did they ever fix the error? I'd much rather c&p these codes on my pc than virtually type them in on my xbox.[/QUOTE]

Nope, still broken. Going to test my codes via the 360 shortly.

[quote name='Se7en69']Nobody from either round has claimed a bundle. Which I find odd.[/QUOTE]

The CAG community may sometimes seem like the only ones participating, but I rather doubt that's the case. :) Myself, I was hoping to win a 360 console, but either I didn't win, or they haven't sent out announcements yet. According to the rules they hold the drawings on Tuesday, but how long does it take them to send out messages to the winners? Has anyone here reported winning any weekly drawing?

I'm still holding out (rapidly dwindling) hope.

[quote name='crunchewy']The CAG community may sometimes seem like the only ones participating, but I rather doubt that's the case. :) Myself, I was hoping to win a 360 console, but either I didn't win, or they haven't sent out announcements yet. According to the rules they hold the drawings on Tuesday, but how long does it take them to send out messages to the winners? Has anyone here reported winning any weekly drawing?

I'm still holding out (rapidly dwindling) hope.[/QUOTE]

I'm a member of the official Rock Band forums, scorehero, and here. Not 1 person has come forward. At these forums people have come out winning the camera, regular instant win bundles, gift cards, and even the weekly Xbox 360 prize. But absolutely nothing on this.

Really, really odd. I'm starting to doubt they have held these drawings yet.

I guess that could be good news, considering no one has heard anything. I'll still cross my fingers (first week i entered in 74 of my points, and the second week 101 of them, so it would be nice if something came outta that :) )

Ugh! I got all the PS3 songs I wanted fairly early then dumped the rest of my wins into Wii points right before they added the last batch of songs. So I bought a last minute set of codes on ebay which I tried on the last day when none were winning DLC. Ended up throwing them into Beatles bundle entries which will probably lose since I'm sure a lot of people had to do that.

Are Wii codes still available because I probably got way more than I need. If anyone has extra unredeemed wins left that they want Wii points for I'd trade some of my extra Wii point codes for codes to some of the new PS3 songs I didn't get.

Se7en69 - would you update us if you hear from anyone on that rock band forum that has won one of the weekly prizes? Hopefully they haven't done the final drawing yet....

[quote name='crunchewy']Se7en69 - would you update us if you hear from anyone on that rock band forum that has won one of the weekly prizes? Hopefully they haven't done the final drawing yet....[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm a rock band addict and now Beatles addict, so I go to all the related forums. Not a single person has claimed a Beatles bundle yet. You would figure at least 1 person would post they've won. Especially since the people who put a lot of points into the bundle have been here and at the official forums. By now, they should have given away 400. I myself entered 55 points into the bundle, so you know I'm very interested and keeping track.

The only new conversations at the forums seem to be of people having issues redeeming tracks now that the contest has ended. Nothing on the Beatles bundle.

[quote name='The SPism']i had a pepsi today w the yellow cap.. just doesn't taste the same with out a free song on the side[/QUOTE]

Yeah i just checked my store yesterday..and it figures that they brought in 3 cases (diet regular and max) with yellow caps. if only it was the shipment before...i'd have had plenty more codes :(.

although...i didn't pay for any of my 248 haha.

My store now has the 1-liter Pepsi's with the yellow caps. I've only seen those on the 20 oz. sodas before now. Don't know what that's about.

edit: Oh, and to twist the knife, they've been on sale all month @ 2 for $2. Since they only had plain white caps, that deal did me absolutely no good.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a big story on the front page of Consumerist.com right now about the Pepsi contest not awarding winners on the last 2 days.

It is odd that we aren't hearing much on the weekly drawings but who knows how pepsi handled this. I remember it was better to not put in all of your points at the same time for every10minutes, maybe pepsi tries to not pick the people who dump a whole lot in. This means many of the people who just had 1 cap could've won.

Well, we finally have a confirmed sighting of someone winning a PS3 Beatles bundle. brett82 over at the official forums said he won and got an email last Tuesday informing him of the win.

There goes the neighborhood. And my chances of winning a bundle.

[quote name='Se7en69']Well, we finally have a confirmed sighting of someone winning a PS3 Beatles bundle. brett82 over at the official forums said he won and got an email last Tuesday informing him of the win.

There goes the neighborhood. And my chances of winning a bundle.[/QUOTE]

Last Tuesday, as in...last week Tuesday? Because they had a drawing then, too, and I'm willing to bet that that's when he won.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Last Tuesday, as in...last week Tuesday? Because they had a drawing then, too, and I'm willing to bet that that's when he won.[/QUOTE]

No clue. That's what he replied to me. But if that's the case then I see no reason why they would not do it this Tuesday as well. At least we have 1 person winning.

It said in the rules that the drawings were on Tuesdays. Perhaps so many people entered in the last week that the odds went to hell. I could retain some hope, but I suspect we've heard the last of it. Oh well.

[quote name='Se7en69']No clue. That's what he replied to me. But if that's the case then I see no reason why they would not do it this Tuesday as well. At least we have 1 person winning.[/QUOTE]

I asked in the topic, and he said it was last week (9/8/09). So, no confirmed sweepstakes wins for the promotion's final week.

[quote name='crunchewy']It said in the rules that the drawings were on Tuesdays. Perhaps so many people entered in the last week that the odds went to hell. I could retain some hope, but I suspect we've heard the last of it. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

That's possible - maybe even likely - but given the mass number of codes that some of the people on this and other boards poured into those drawings, I think it's a little odd that we don't have a single confirmed winner when we've had people brag about winning everything except for the bandmate statues.

I keep getting Error Code 206602 on my Wii when I'm trying to enter in my Wii Codes I won in the promotion. Does anybody else get this? I tried calling Nintendo and they don't know what's up either...

I went ahead and added a long-ass comment to the 5Frets article, since I had been emailing yahoo since that Saturday when things started to get weird.

Just a reminder to everyone: if you've got song wins left, you need to redeem them by the 30th. Otherwise, they cease to exist.

If you've got any left you don't want, I'm happy to help. :D

[quote name='KaneRobot']I just got an email that I won the Beatles Premium Bundle!

I never win ANYTHING. fuck yeah![/QUOTE]

Nicely done! Congrats to you!

[quote name='KaneRobot']I just got an email that I won the Beatles Premium Bundle!

I never win ANYTHING. fuck yeah![/QUOTE]

Glad to see CAGs winning!

bread's done
Back