Perfect Dark Zero in disc tray of new 360?!?!

So does the game unlock any achievements?

Also, It'll be interesting to find out what happens if/when Joystiq reports it on their website, the more popular it becomes, the easier you can sell it for some cash. Or maybe MS will contact you to get it back, and they'll reward you with something.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So does the game unlock any achievements?

Also, It'll be interesting to find out what happens if/when Joystiq reports it on their website, the more popular it becomes, the easier you can sell it for some cash. Or maybe MS will contact you to get it back, and they'll reward you with something.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I can think of MS giving you is a brand new copy of Perfect Dark Zero! So don't expect a new 360 S.

If xbox really wanted it back, they would probably message you here. This is a public forum, and I know the PR peeps like to look around videogame websites.

Who knows. Maybe that disc contains the codes to turn all 360's into man-enslaving robots. Then your life could turn into a generic thriller! Hell, maybe you'll meet Harrison Ford!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So does the game unlock any achievements?

Also, It'll be interesting to find out what happens if/when Joystiq reports it on their website, the more popular it becomes, the easier you can sell it for some cash. Or maybe MS will contact you to get it back, and they'll reward you with something.[/QUOTE]
They show up under the achievements tab. I only played the first level, so nothings popped up yet obviously.

[quote name='shadowkast']I wouldn't even know where to start on a price for this thing?![/QUOTE]

You could throw up a listing on Ebay for an extremely high buy-it-now price--say, $10k--but then allow people to make "Best Offers." That way, you'd get a really good feel for what kind of price people are actually willing to commit to paying for it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Like I said, I don't think they are coming after you because it's a compiled/release copy of PDZ with no disc art. They may ask you to destroy it but I wouldn't worry...

However just to be sure, put it in your PC and see what comes up ;)[/QUOTE]

Don't get paranoid huh? This coming from a guy who stalked, who he thought were clearance stashers around a Target store taking photos of them?

Hilarious.

[quote name='Organ Donor']Pretty sweet surprise. I would shoot joystiq an email about it as somebody else already mentioned.[/QUOTE]I shot them an email. Basically gave them a link to this thread for better explanation. We'll see if they bother with it at all. Sent them the email a few days ago.

Actually I clicked the "tip us" button and contacted them that way

[quote name='shadowkast']I shot them an email. Basically gave them a link to this thread for better explanation. We'll see if they bother with it at all. Sent them the email a few days ago.

Actually I clicked the "tip us" button and contacted them that way[/QUOTE]

Alright, I've sat idly by long enough without saying it:

Maybe if you change the thread title from Pefect Dark to Perfect Dark then Joystiq will care. Three days I waited, and no one else noticed...

[quote name='Kerig']Alright, I've sat idly by long enough without saying it:

Maybe if you change the thread title from Pefect Dark to Perfect Dark then Joystiq will care. Three days I waited, and no one else noticed...[/QUOTE]
Are you serious or being a smartass? change it to "Perfect Dark then joystiq will care"? If I got an offer I'd sell but the point of my thread was just to see if any one has heard of this occurrence...not to make money and appear on Joystiq, FYI

[quote name='shadowkast']Are you serious or being a smartass? change it to "Perfect Dark then joystiq will care"? If I got an offer I'd sell but the point of my thread was just to see if any one has heard of this occurrence...not to make money and appear on Joystiq, FYI[/QUOTE]
He's not being a smartass...look at your thread title...you spelled it "Pefect."

It's just a test disc they use to test refurb systems. PDZ is an early 360 game and likely forces the 360 to use everything it's got to get the game playing. So if it plays it, it's likely a good refurb. They just pressed it themsevles and didn't use the typical artwork found on the disc. My friend was a X360 rep that visited stores and had several discs with handwritten labels just like that.

Neat, and might fetch a few hundred from a collector. It's not a prototype, just different disc art. If you are going to sell it, sell it. But if word spreads too much MS may request you to send it back - or else. It IS their property.

[quote name='GizmoGC']It's just a test disc they use to test refurb systems. PDZ is an early 360 game and likely forces the 360 to use everything it's got to get the game playing. So if it plays it, it's likely a good refurb. They just pressed it themsevles and didn't use the typical artwork found on the disc. My friend was a X360 rep that visited stores and had several discs with handwritten labels just like that.

Neat, and might fetch a few hundred from a collector. It's not a prototype, just different disc art. If you are going to sell it, sell it. But if word spreads too much MS may request you to send it back - or else. It IS their property.[/QUOTE]

All the kiosk discs that Gamestop, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and whoever else would have a 360 kiosk in store get discs like that with demos and what not on it.

I've also gotten discs from conferences while working at Gamestop that look like this, but contain the full retail game. I have also have gotten just a CD-R with the title written on it in sharpie too a couple of times when I reviewed games for a site a few years back. The one that stood out the most was always Spartan:Total Warrior for the Xbox. Sega sent me a CD-R with Spartan written on it in blue sharpie with a piece of paper from Sega thanking me for reviewing there game.

Key word never released. This game can be found at almost any gamestop for 5 bucks so id be curious to see if it would get that high. Interesting find though op. Hope you can get a decent chunk of change for this if you decide to sell it

bread's done
Back