Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Out Now!

[quote name='uncle5555']Makes no sense....at all. (about the price increase)

I can see why Eternal Punishment spiked up when IS was announced for remake (and the fan translation) but P1 no, that confuses me a lot.

Next week = Persona 2 goodness.[/QUOTE]

Well P1 is related to P2 (characters from 1 return in P2)

[quote name='uncle5555']Makes no sense....at all. (about the price increase)

I can see why Eternal Punishment spiked up when IS was announced for remake (and the fan translation) but P1 no, that confuses me a lot.

Next week = Persona 2 goodness.[/QUOTE]

A month ago the cheapest new copies were in the $35 range - and there were a bunch of them. I guess all but the most overpriced ones sold. :lol:

man sucks gamefly was to get this game on the 21th so i though Send back all of my games saturday gamefly will have my account zeroed out..

now they are getting it MONDAY the 19th so by the time my games get back all the copies will be rented out. slim chance both my games get fast scanned on monday and they ship it monday.. love to see this happen or some games left over and a copy ships out tuesday but doubtful

Tempted to buy it for 40 BUT dont think its worth 40 if im getting Joker 2 tomorrow ....

by the time i beat joker Maybe this game be down to 30 or lower or in a buy 1 get 1 50% off amazon deal

Anyone else pick this up? The music is better than I was expecting, and goddamn this encounter rate really is that bad. Doesn't seem to be too hard though, so I'll probably stick it out.

Just got it in the mail from Amazon today. Can't wait to tear open and play it, but I've got other stuff to do first.

Good to hear that the difficulty seems reasonable so far.

Will post impressions later when i dig into it.

I preordered this in July and have Prime, and yet it's only set to be here tomorrow. Oh well, I'm still playing through Xenoblade anyway. I'll probably play through Solatorobo first though because I know I am going to love this game and thus won't be in a rush to resell.

Just got this last night, but haven't been able to play it until now. Looking forward to seeing how it improves upon the first game, which I enjoyed for what it was.

LOL gamefly shows Now now now ... so i upgrade to get it shipped out and as soon as i pay 7 bucks to get another game out the game goes to VERY LOW

went into live chat with gamefly and they mostly told me to go #)*)*#$# off.

i think im done with gamefly as soon as my membership is up after what happened today..

also copied the picture before and after i extended my membershp and sent it off to the bbb

I can see something going from NOW To VERY LOW in hours but within seconds .. its like they were pushing this as NOW to get people to upgrade even though they know they had no copies left.

I will now have to wait for a sale... (wont pay more then 29.99 for it) or see if gamefly ships it tomorrow doubtful

Yeah my copy is sitting 3ft from me at the moment, cardboard case got a little crushed in transit. Listened to the music sampler, could've been better (unless they are releasing the OST locally, why not do a better selection?)

Now it can go with my copies of Persona 2 (IS & EP) for PS1 I have. I'll play it a bit tonight just to see what it's like compared to the other version.

anyone know what is wrong with amazon

Item Under Review
While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Can no longer order it from amazon

[quote name='slidecage']anyone know what is wrong with amazon

Item Under Review
While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Can no longer order it from amazon[/QUOTE]

Might be because the box the game comes in is getting damaged in the mail because they were fucktards who shipped it in an envelope instead of a box. My box is slightly damaged but I'm not one of those people who really cares. If I did care though, I would be pissed.

Played up to the point where the kids get their Personas and it's good so far. I like that walking through the school isn't a first-person thing, so I can see the environment more easily now.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Might be because the box the game comes in is getting damaged in the mail because they were fucktards who shipped it in an envelope instead of a box. My box is slightly damaged but I'm not one of those people who really cares. If I did care though, I would be pissed.[/QUOTE]

man i hope that means we will see these Soon in AWD for like 25 or less (doubtful)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Might be because the box the game comes in is getting damaged in the mail because they were fucktards who shipped it in an envelope instead of a box. My box is slightly damaged but I'm not one of those people who really cares. If I did care though, I would be pissed.[/QUOTE]

Me too, the bloody cardboard case will be put someplace anyway out of my way, so I really couldn't care less about that.

I played about two hours tonight (last time I tried it was my PS1 copy on an emu ages ago when I got IS) and was really intrigued by the story and all of the cross-over from other games
Devil Summoner - Kuzunoha Detective Agency
(which they really should have kept doing since it was cool)

If possible, I'd recommend installing the game data though, the load times started to annoy me after awhile. Otherwise I look forward to spending time playing it and its sequel in the near future (into DQ8 at the moment) lots of intriguing stuff in the game, that makes you want to keep playing (plus how cool is
Joker
as a villain? They don't make cool villains like that anymore.

Played quite a bit more and finished the first dungeon. Good game so far, though I'm still not a fan of the increased reliance on chatting with demons in order to get new Persona. You have to grind eager responses out of them to get more cards out of them to spend on summoning new Persona in the Velvet Room. It seems like it's a bit easier to get good results out of them, but it still feels like fighting is that thing you do when you get bored with contacting demons. I can see why this series took a break and was retooled for Persona 3, as it's very complex and tedious even for a monster-collecting JRPG on the PS1.

I do like that it's more of a sequel to the first game than 3 or 4 seem to be for the PS1 games.

sucks i upgrade my gamefly account today since it shows NOW .. as soon as i upgrade the game GOES TO LOW

seems i will never get it .. (since amazon said they will NOT carry this game until Mid oct)

UPDATE Tuesday

Gamefly went from low to MED and it shipped... jumped on KEEP IT NOW.. with the credits i had saved up got it for little over 20 bucks shipped....

SWEET>.... should have it Thursday but wont play it for a week due to

DSI BREAK TACTICS THAT IS A FUN GAME

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']sucks i upgrade my gamefly account today since it shows NOW .. as soon as i upgrade the game GOES TO LOW

seems i will never get it .. (since amazon said they will NOT carry this game until Mid oct)

UPDATE Tuesday

Gamefly went from low to MED and it shipped... jumped on KEEP IT NOW.. with the credits i had saved up got it for little over 20 bucks shipped....

SWEET>.... should have it Thursday but wont play it for a week due to

DSI BREAK TACTICS THAT IS A FUN GAME[/QUOTE]

Sucks you had such a hard time getting a hold of it and that Amazon did such a piss poor job of shipping it properly (and people were being too damn picky about a stupid cardboard box, I like mint condition things too, but for fuck's sake...) and that you (and others I'd say) had such a hard time getting a hold of the game. Bet that didn't help the sales on the game, that's all Atlus needs is a hallmark title of one of their most popular series not selling well due to cardboard box issues...:roll:

But at least you have a copy now and that's what is important. :)

Almost 20 hours in and loving it so far. The story & characters really are that good. Encounter rate hasn't bothered me much because I contact instead of battling about half the time. Truthfully, the dungeons would be really short if the encounter rate wasn't what it was.

http://blog.hardcoregaming101.net/2011/09/na-version-of-persona-2-innocent-sin.html
Somewhat unfortunately, it sounds like they cut the Climax Theatre Quest-Creation feature out of the US version. It's not a major loss, since it was something that was apparently added for the PSP version, and its removal doesn't detract too much from the package. As the blog post above points out, more unfortunate is that Atlus is sticking with the "Well, even though it was in the Japanese version, we didn't promise it..." when the bigger sin is that they didn't say anything about this removal before release. Even the topic on their own forums regarding the feature was posted on 9/2, while AtlusAram and the other Atlus employees didn't respond until today, 9/28, to confirm the feature's removal.

As I said before, the removed content is unfortunate, though not a deal-breaker. How they went about its removal (silently, with no transparency whatsoever), however, is another issue.

When the PSP port of Persona 2: Innocent Sin was announced earlier this year, Andriasang unveiled a few new features added specifically to the port, including the Climax Theatre, complete with new subquests and the ability to download extra missions and create your own quests.

Sound kind of cool? Well, the subquests are still there, but Atlus removed the DLC and mission creation from the North American localization and neglected to tell anyone. The official explanation can be found at Atlus' forums, which includes these quotes:

"As has been the case with other similar games and their custom content features, a number of challenges—technical and otherwise—prevented the inclusion of the basic creation/customization functionality within the Climax Theatre for the North American release of Persona 2: Innocent Sin for PSP System."

"And, before people ask, no, we really can't go into the "why"s and "what happened"s here, but it was not a decision made lightly, and it was not a case of something being removed just because we're the Big Bad Publisher that hates fun."

"The only thing I want to add here is that this [quest creation being in the NA version] isn't true. At no point from the NA announcement to the release was the Quest Creation aspect mentioned in any press releases, Faithful blasts, or website updates."

This does little to clarify the matter. Functionally, it's probably not all that big of a deal, because many players probably wouldn't have used it anyway. (I know I wouldn't.) It's certainly nothing approaching the Snow Queen quest from the original Persona, which was a huge part of the game and was hacked out of the original English PSOne release, but included properly in the PSP version. As noted by them, technically the quest creation was never announced as being part of the NA version, but Atlus should probably realize that a good number of their fans read import blogs like Siliconera and Andriasang, heard about it there, and assumed that it would make it in (like the forum poster that brought up this issue!) But the biggest concern is that Atlus USA did nothing to say contrary up front, thereby committing the sin of omission. It's a no-win situation if they can't include it, but they preferred to go the skeezy route by letting people buy it and find it missing, rather than deal with a minor fan uprising before release and having them swear off purchasing it (though they likely still would've bought it anyway.)

Holy Christ, Atlus pulled this stunt?! Of all companies?! I wouldn't mind that much but they didn't fucking tell anyone until people were wondering where it was. Wow Atlus. Just. fucking. wow.

Xseed and Aksys are apparently the only two reputable localizers left in the business. Even Sega was more upfront about Yakuza 3 being cut apart.

I really didn't expect something like that from them. They should've just been upfront about it not being in the game. I doubt anyone would've cared, especially since they left the subquests in. But now they've lost some people's trust. Was that worth it, Atlus??

When I played it last week, and while going through the menus I was like "I wonder where the theater mode is..." shrugged my shoulders and played for a few hours, thinking it was unlocked after beating the game or something along those lines. Nice to know they gimped a feature that was originally in the game. =/

My take is this, honestly as long as the main game was translated from the PS1 original 100%, I am content, not happy with the decision, but content. Like everyone said they should have been more upfront about it instead of hiding behind the fact that they never one mentioned it being included, as that was proof enough of "well you didn't ask, and we weren't going to mention it" as being good enough to make it all right. Which is isn't.

Now if Atlus wants to make it up, I have a big list of PSP titles I want localized, like now. And a free copy of Catherine would be nice too. ;)

[quote name='blueweltall']Did amazon stop selling this game? I can't find a listing being sold from amazon only found third parties.[/QUOTE]

I heard that Amazon was having problems with the way copies were shipping and they received a lot of complaints, so they just stopped carrying it for the time being.

[quote name='pete5883']Finished it last night, loved it. Really don't know what the reviewers were on about.[/QUOTE]

About how long did it take you?

[quote name='blueweltall']Did amazon stop selling this game? I can't find a listing being sold from amazon only found third parties.[/QUOTE]

amazon had it day one and then stop selling it due to complaints .. they then did carry it again for 2 or 3 days but then took it off their site... went into chat and was told

AMAZON will no longer be selling this game in the near future due to shipping problems

it seems they cant put the item in a box its up to the shipping department how they ship it and they are tired of the complants they are getting

Glad i did get the game off gamefly for 20 (after my gamebuxs and discount)

got the case today off gamefly and it came with the outer cardboard box and the CD so its like brand new to me .. nice pick up for 20 since who knows if amazon will ever carry it again and i doubt we see a price drop anytime soon at gamestop

I was going to post a picture of something to show the stupidity of this situation, but got tired of looking for something adequate.

So I'll just rephrase what I said before, it's a fuckING cardboard box, for fuck's sake....:roll:

I understand collectibility and all that, (I own many collectors editions and odds and ends) but I value the content of those things rather than the stupid box it comes in. Some people have their priorities messed up when it comes to their hobbies. Bunch of whiny babies. :nottalking:

Now they complain Amazon doesn't have a game to sell to them, the secondary market scammers are taking full advantage of the situation (@$$holes) and Atlus is loosing sales and even more reputation due to this mess and the missing content cock up. I blame
in game hitler
for this, this game seems to have some serious bad mojo attached to it. (Even though I think its freakin' awesome, bad mojo non-withstanding)

[quote name='whoknows']About how long did it take you?[/QUOTE]
Clock says 36:50. Did a bit of NPC chatting/exploring, probably a minimum of sidequests. Did a lot of (eventually rather pointless) demon contacting in the first half, very little in the second half.

Started today. I'm in the second dungeon, I put it on hard for now because it's just been too easy. It's still pretty easy. I don't remember it being this easy. Not really a bad thing but...

I know I'd rather have it easy than Eternal Punishment, which was basically impossible without knowing what you're doing.

Is this still worth buying? I played 10-20 hours of P2: EP a decade ago and bought it again after the reprint 6 or however many years ago. Music was haunting, storyline was intriguing, I loved the details like the iMacs in the internet cafe, but the demon negotiation in battles made me want to kill myself.

I just changed the difficulty back to normal. It's not that hard was hard. It wasn't. It just took slightly longer to kill enemies. They still did pitiful damage. So all it was doing was slightly wasting my time keeping it on hard. Maybe I'll change it back for some of the tougher bosses.

God damn. The decreased difficulty of normal mode vs. the original PS1 game is way more apparent during the final boss fight than anywhere else. The PS1 version has a devastating attack where it can randomly instantly kill multiple party members (we're talking 1-4 but never all 5 at once and never more than n-1 of the party members still alive). It has deadly accuracy in the PS1 version. Normal mode on the PSP? It never killed anyone. At all. And a lot of the attacks did 1 damage to a lot of my guys. 1. damage. The fuck Atlus. I am wondering if the deadly attack has more accuracy on Hard Mode, because this was just a joke. I didn't powerlevel either, my guys were an average of the high 50s.

EDIT: WHAT A JOKE!! I just reloaded my game before the final boss, to change the difficulty to hard mode to see if he's any harder there. Apparently, I ALREADY WAS IN HARD MODE AND BEAT HIM IN HARD MODE. WHAT THE fuck!!! Nice job COMPLETELY ruining a challenging boss fight, Fatlus!

[quote name='Dead of Knight']God damn. The decreased difficulty of normal mode vs. the original PS1 game is way more apparent during the final boss fight than anywhere else. The PS1 version has a devastating attack where it can randomly instantly kill multiple party members (we're talking 1-4 but never all 5 at once and never more than n-1 of the party members still alive). It has deadly accuracy in the PS1 version. Normal mode on the PSP? It never killed anyone. At all. And a lot of the attacks did 1 damage to a lot of my guys. 1. damage. The fuck Atlus. I am wondering if the deadly attack has more accuracy on Hard Mode, because this was just a joke. I didn't powerlevel either, my guys were an average of the high 50s.

EDIT: WHAT A JOKE!! I just reloaded my game before the final boss, to change the difficulty to hard mode to see if he's any harder there. Apparently, I ALREADY WAS IN HARD MODE AND BEAT HIM IN HARD MODE. WHAT THE fuck!!! Nice job COMPLETELY ruining a challenging boss fight, Fatlus![/QUOTE]
The instant death in the original was more cheap than difficult. However I am a little sad to hear that they pared down the difficulty.

First time playing the game. I clocked in about over 9 hours just before the first boss (the principal) mainly cause I spent more time checking in with every NPC, every demon I ran into, as well as getting all of the Fusion Skills I could at the time while maxing out my party's Personas. It does feel a tad easy on Normal (had the basic gear when fighting the principal and was only getting hit by 1s by some, while Lisa and Yukki took 9 damage at most, whereas my Fire skills did over 100 damage), but I don't really mind. I'm enjoying it for what it is.

I probably should have invested more time into actually playing Persona, though. Some of the backstory's lost to me and would probably be more charming if I finished Persona first. Either way, definitely prefer this PSP port over Persona 3's. Really hated how everything but the battles became point-and-click and visual novel style. The sprites in P2 seem to have more emotion to them than P3P's did when they decided to ditch using the character models from the PS2 version.

You don't really miss much from not playing 1. Most of the original's playable characters make an appearance and reference the original but the story is totally separate.

Well that's what I meant. I would've understood their backstories a little more if I sat through the first, but it's all good. Wasn't any different from going through Persona 4 before finishing Persona 3.

On another note, I took on the first mission of the Climax Theater after the first boss fight on a whim. Jumped from level 6 to 14 by the end of that. Did I just make the main story easier for myself by reducing the amount of grinding needed by getting hefty EXP bumps from stronger enemies?

Grinding isn't necessary in the game anyway. Like I said, they reduced the difficulty of the game even further. I wouldn't worry about it. You were going to have an easy time anyway with the game.

[quote name='Cao Cao']http://blog.hardcoregaming101.net/2011/09/na-version-of-persona-2-innocent-sin.html
Somewhat unfortunately, it sounds like they cut the Climax Theatre Quest-Creation feature out of the US version. It's not a major loss, since it was something that was apparently added for the PSP version, and its removal doesn't detract too much from the package. As the blog post above points out, more unfortunate is that Atlus is sticking with the "Well, even though it was in the Japanese version, we didn't promise it..." when the bigger sin is that they didn't say anything about this removal before release. Even the topic on their own forums regarding the feature was posted on 9/2, while AtlusAram and the other Atlus employees didn't respond until today, 9/28, to confirm the feature's removal.

As I said before, the removed content is unfortunate, though not a deal-breaker. How they went about its removal (silently, with no transparency whatsoever), however, is another issue.[/QUOTE]

for those of us who haven't yet bought P2:IS (me included), is the UK version complete? pricing is comparable to US MSRP. TIA.

[quote name='ivana89']not sure if this is price drop (or temporary sale)
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/psp/shin-megami-tensei-persona-2-innocent-sin/10567652.html

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/psp/shin-megami-tensei-persona-2-innocent-sin/10567652.html

for those who ordered recently, which vendor did you use? any shipping problems?

anyone know of any discount coupons or codes? TIA.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ivana89']for those of us who haven't yet bought P2:IS (me included), is the UK version complete? pricing is comparable to US MSRP. TIA.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I am betting no. Aren't these releases based on the American translation?[/QUOTE]

Compared to the JPN version? Like DoK said, probably not, they probably just licensed the US version and will release it "as-is" especially if Ghostlight published it. (Since Atlus doesn't have a publishing arm in Europe)

Edit: Just checked, yeah Ghostlight did the release in Europe, so basically its going to be the same version Atlus released in the US for all intents and purposes.

Like I said in another thread, I'd like to play this game again, but it's too intense for my mind now with all the stress I've had in my life lately. I love the game and want to play it again, and I'll revisit it later. I need to lighten up and play Nintendo games for awhile.

I wonder if they'll keep the much higher difficulty of EP, or nerf it like they did IS (which was pretty easy to begin with, other than the final boss). Either way I'll still buy... EP had too much grinding for tarot cards anyway.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I wonder if they'll keep the much higher difficulty of EP, or nerf it like they did IS (which was pretty easy to begin with, other than the final boss). Either way I'll still buy... EP had too much grinding for tarot cards anyway.[/QUOTE]

Well supposedly they are adding an extra scenario with Tetsuya and some other odds and ends, so it'll be an enhanced version of the PS1 game, still like I said I'm looking forward to it, and no doubt it will be out in the fall like P2:IS.

bread's done
Back