Persona 2 PSP has been made AWESOME (SPOILERS)

Dead of Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Shamelessly stolen from NeoGAF, I don't care.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427808

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_OFx-p2W4c
-Hitler now wears shades, and is referred to as 'Fuhrer', reportedly.
-Reportedly, the Last Battalion no longer have swastikas, but iron crosses on their banners.

This is AWESOME.
lXyta.png

Nope. I'm sure it's coming. If not it'd be a complete travesty. Remember though, there is a translated patch of the original PSone version on the rare event that Fatlus USA decides to dick with us. Hitler doesn't have sunglasses in that version though.

[quote name='phantasyx']I think I've got a new avatar.[/QUOTE]

Lol. I'm sorry but that looks nothing like Hitler when they put the Sunglasses on him It looks just like some 45 year old guy walking down the street.

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']Lol. I'm sorry but that looks nothing like Hitler when they put the Sunglasses on him It looks just like some 45 year old guy walking down the street.[/QUOTE]

It's a disguise!

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Nope. I'm sure it's coming. If not it'd be a complete travesty. Remember though, there is a translated patch of the original PSone version on the rare event that Fatlus USA decides to dick with us. Hitler doesn't have sunglasses in that version though.[/QUOTE]

If it were the "old" Atlus, I'd agree with you that it's for sure coming to the US. However, given that we're now dealing with the "new" Atlus who has decided that it's a good idea to publish Western games that would easily see release WITHOUT their intervention (Divinity II? Really?), games that made a big splash on the PC and would easily have gotten picked up by someone else (Trine 2? Really?), and indie games that have DO NOT WANT written all over them (Rock of Ages? Really?)...
That, combined with the fact that the PSP is pretty much end-of-lifed in North America and that the hardcore SMT audience has already got a fan-translated (very high quality translation, too, by the way) PSOne version available...I'm afraid that our chance of being "dicked with" by Atlus is way higher than I'd normally like to believe.

Don't get me wrong. I want that release, and I'll preorder it if it does see release, even though I've played the fan-translated PSOne version. But this isn't the optimal set of circumstances where I can rest assured that we're going to see it in North America.

The bright spot in terms of SMT-related releases is that Translator Tom and Gemini are finishing up the translation for Soul Hackers...that'll keep me going with the SMT-related goodness on my PSP once it's released.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']If it were the "old" Atlus, I'd agree with you that it's for sure coming to the US. However, given that we're now dealing with the "new" Atlus who has decided that it's a good idea to publish Western games that would easily see release WITHOUT their intervention (Divinity II? Really?), games that made a big splash on the PC and would easily have gotten picked up by someone else (Trine 2? Really?), and indie games that have DO NOT WANT written all over them (Rock of Ages? Really?)...
That, combined with the fact that the PSP is pretty much end-of-lifed in North America and that the hardcore SMT audience has already got a fan-translated (very high quality translation, too, by the way) PSOne version available...I'm afraid that our chance of being "dicked with" by Atlus is way higher than I'd normally like to believe.

Don't get me wrong. I want that release, and I'll preorder it if it does see release, even though I've played the fan-translated PSOne version. But this isn't the optimal set of circumstances where I can rest assured that we're going to see it in North America.

The bright spot in terms of SMT-related releases is that Translator Tom and Gemini are finishing up the translation for Soul Hackers...that'll keep me going with the SMT-related goodness on my PSP once it's released.[/QUOTE]

I really hope you are wrong about that...

And yeah, can't wait for that translation. I got a copy of the Japanese version while I was in Japan for that translation.

Oh, and in my ranting I left out that Cursed Crusade game they're publishing, from some Euro dev. God, it looks generic.

As for Soul Hackers, yeah...I've had a copy for the Saturn for years and years now, and about once a year I bust it out, struggle through it for an hour or two, sigh in frustration at not being able to fully appreciate it, and then put it away. They couldn't have picked a better game to fan-translate as far as I'm concerned since I've been lusting after it for like...8 years? Something like that.

I'm just hoping they announce some new shit at E3. Hell, I hope SOMEONE announces SOMETHING at E3. I'm desperate for some new games at this point. The only announced NA release on my radar at this point is Catherine.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'm just hoping they announce some new shit at E3. Hell, I hope SOMEONE announces SOMETHING at E3. I'm desperate for some new games at this point. The only announced NA release on my radar at this point is Catherine.[/QUOTE]

NISA just announced their fall lineup last week at a press event

[quote name='62t']nisa just announced their fall lineup last week at a press event[/quote]

LOL NISA.

I was talking about real companies, not ones that release buggy, glitchy products with missing features.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'm just hoping they announce some new shit at E3. Hell, I hope SOMEONE announces SOMETHING at E3. I'm desperate for some new games at this point. The only announced NA release on my radar at this point is Catherine.[/QUOTE]

Apparently we have different tastes (obviously) since there is a lot of things coming on that I'm waiting on to come out this year. And Atlus will have some (more) news, a few years back when Persona 3 was leaked by a gaming site that strolled into one of the halls, they got majorly pissed because they stole their thunder (kinda like Nintendo at the moment) but it's not a matter of if Persona 2: IS, is coming only when at this point.

I'm patiently waiting for E3, but I'm not on pins and needles waiting for it, got too many good games to play to keep me occupied till then (and a new job as well) ;).

[quote name='darkwingduck13']
As for Soul Hackers, yeah...I've had a copy for the Saturn for years and years now, and about once a year I bust it out, struggle through it for an hour or two, sigh in frustration at not being able to fully appreciate it, and then put it away. They couldn't have picked a better game to fan-translate as far as I'm concerned since I've been lusting after it for like...8 years? Something like that.[/QUOTE]

Think that's bad...I have a copy of SMT Nine for Xbox that I'll never see a US translation of (fan or otherwise) even the loyal fans snubbed the game when it came out, I played 30 minutes and got stuck talked to every NPC 3-4 times and still couldn't stumble my way through any of it, there wasn't even a walkthrough for it (not sure if a kind soul made one in the last 5 years) so I've not played it since that night a long time ago.

SMT Nine is supposed to be shit though.

Is the translation patch for Soul Hackers for the PSone or the Saturn version? Because I have the PSone version.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']SMT Nine is supposed to be shit though.

Is the translation patch for Soul Hackers for the PSone or the Saturn version? Because I have the PSone version.[/QUOTE]

PSOne

[quote name='Dead of Knight']SMT Nine is supposed to be shit though.

Is the translation patch for Soul Hackers for the PSone or the Saturn version? Because I have the PSone version.[/QUOTE]

From the Youtube videos I've seen of later stages / boss fights it looks pretty cool, to me it was overlooked and dismissed because it was the aborted SMT:Online prototype before Atlus killed the online part because MS killed the Xbox, and released it as a single player RPG, so it wasn't as "robust" as it should have been. But since I got stuck and never played past 30 minutes in, I can't say for sure, other that what videos and pictures I've seen. Just seems any SMT Elite "fans" stick their noses up because that's what's the popular thing to do....

Anyway, glad to see Gemini doing the translation patch again for SH, that means quality product when he gets around to releasing it.

Speaking of Youtube and SMT, I stumbled across someone who posted the History of SMT (circa 2005, up to Nocturne) even though I don't understand very much Japanese it still was an interesting thing to watch (there are three parts in total for those interested) check the site for the other two parts.

Interesting things to note is how Cozy Okada talks about SMT Nine and how it is considered canon by Atlus (via their board detailing all the games, he just talks about development) and some interesting tidbits on how SMT IF... was the game that spawned the spin-off titles of Devil Summoner and Persona. Also I was surprised to see DemiKids shown as a offshoot of the main SMT games as well. And what the heck is the statue behind Kaneko???

Anyway, enjoy. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdgmW9WRuHo

bread's done
Back