Persona 3 $41.99 + $0.99 S&H and TotA $27.64 + $0.99 S&H @ FamilyVideo.com

sirplue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
202 (100%)
YES, another family video thread... lol

i'm kicking myself right now for biting so soon when TotA dropped to $29.99 @ JR.com :bomb:

4u0whlu.jpg

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=229839

4vn3i45.jpg

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=243583

new members use coupon code: NEWPGMEM (and take an extra $5.00 off your order)

[quote name='modium']Familyvideo.com

I looked through the thread and saw they said they'd ship them in boxes, but mine came today in a paper envelope, so I don't know. I hope, for everyone else's sake, that I'm the lone exception, though I somehow doubt that.[/quote]

Well its good to know that they are still shipping them out.
I have still been waiting now for a long time.

I just got my Persona 3 and Tales of the Abyss from Amazon today. I am so glad I canceled my Family Video order. I've been wanting to play Persona 3, and now I'm going to.

It came in a box, no damage whatsoever.

[quote name='Vinny']Who'd you order from? I'm pretty sure Family Video said it would ship in a box.

I'm getting kinda impatient. Every single place has it in stock yet they're having trouble getting more units in?:whistle2:?[/quote]

That's what Family Video told me via an email. I asked about Persona, and they said they would ship a box set in a padded box, since it would be too big for a padded envelope. Apparently, the customer rep who sent this was mistaken. I sent another email asking about this issue, and I never received a response. Luckily :)roll:), my order was backordered, so I cancelled it.

[quote name='TheMedic00']That's what Family Video told me via an email. I asked about Persona, and they said they would ship a box set in a padded box, since it would be too big for a padded envelope. Apparently, the customer rep who sent this was mistaken. I sent another email asking about this issue, and I never received a response. Luckily :)roll:), my order was backordered, so I cancelled it.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about doing the same. Who knows when this'll be OOS.

I'm amazed at how different my 3 transactions with them have been. My first two were great but this one has been horrible.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm thinking about doing the same. Who knows when this'll be OOS.

I'm amazed at how different my 3 transactions with them have been. My first two were great but this one has been horrible.[/QUOTE]

its because its a hot item. especially an Atlus title.

received mine today, they just shipped it in a bubble wrap envelope, corners got dented and there are other dents on the box, not buying from this site anymore, these few bucks I save isn't worth the hassle

Well, like many other, I e-mailed them again. I asked about whether the game would be shipped in a box or bubble envelope, and they said:

"Your game will be shipped with protection inside of a bubble envelope or a box. It is currently on backorder and we hope to have it instock within 2-4 weeks."

If my copy comes up dented and stuff...grr

I sent them an email asking about the order and they actually cancelled it instead. Oh well, I probably won't ever deal with them again.

[quote name='paean']I sent them an email asking about the order and they actually cancelled it instead. Oh well, I probably won't ever deal with them again.[/quote]

It's disturbing to hear so many accounts of this. You can't even INQUIRE or else they'll cancel it.

I just got my amazon order, less than a week for free ship arent bad at all.

I havent cancelled my FV order yet, if it comes I'll just keep one copy sealed.

fucken FV... if my copy comes in a poor shape, they are going to hear from me...

Jesus, this is getting ridiculous. I am getting very impatient with FV.
I am thinking about doing what Moxio did with buy.com.
I honestly have never had any luck with rebates, but i guess its worth a try.
It's cheaper then my FV order anyways.
I think ill e-mail them one more time, and maybe try calling them.
If nothing works ill just go with buy.com

I'm in no rush, but I find it odd they never answer my emails, but answer some of your guys'.

BTYW the dude that keeps telling us to go to buy.com; you tell us you get a free magazine subscription, but you didn't even elaborate.
I'm sure if you answered how it works people would actually be tempted.
I almost checked out, and saw no free mag offer.

I haven't done the free mag offer at Buy.com yet myself, but I did notice it when I checked my shopping cart. The shopping cart shows up on the far right side, but in the middle of the page it has different magazines you can choose from, or choose to take the cash value instead. The details are in the fine print.

Anyways, I called Family Video again, and got the same answer I got two weeks ago. There are 200 on their way and the orders should be fulfilled in about two weeks. Yeah, well, I am tired of waiting, and from other's comments it is coming damaged anyways, so I cancelled my order. Buy.com+Google Checkout it is for me.

I got this error when I confirmed my order
Credit Card Error! DECLINED: CVD ERROR 248

I have around $300 in my checkings!What does this mean?

I'm just about done waiting. If they don't have any copies by Friday I'm cancelling my order as well.

Edit: The P3 page now states "IN STOCK: This product usually ships within 1 Business Day."

[quote name='thepapermaster']
Anyways, I called Family Video again, and got the same answer I got two weeks ago. There are 200 on their way and the orders should be fulfilled in about two weeks..[/quote]
Said they will have new copies in soon...2 weeks.
I'm giving them 2 more weeks, and if i dont get any confirmation im going to buy.com

[quote name='suko_32']How was it shipped?

Also, mines still on backorder :([/QUOTE]

Ground shipping in bubblewrap inside. Took ~4 days. Game came flawless, nothing bent.

[quote name='onikage']I'm just about done waiting. If they don't have any copies by Friday I'm cancelling my order as well.

Edit: The P3 page now states "IN STOCK: This product usually ships within 1 Business Day."[/quote]I imagine that represents the 200 copies they were expecting in. I'll probably call tomorrow and see if my order is going to be shipped, otherwise I'll take my 10% coupon over to EB.

[quote name='onikage']I'm just about done waiting. If they don't have any copies by Friday I'm cancelling my order as well.

Edit: The P3 page now states "IN STOCK: This product usually ships within 1 Business Day."[/quote]

When I called FV before I cancelled my order the customer service lady told me that those were "ghost inventory" and that she was looking at the "real deal holyfield" which said that they had none, but were getting 200 in two weeks.

Then I cancelled my order.

I hope they get some stock in, I dont mind keeping an extra sealed copy of this game for $38... I recently sold complete MINT copies of SMT:N and DDS1+2 for $90 each on ebay, this great looking package with nice artbook should be worth a few pretty pennies in a few years...

[quote name='thepapermaster']When I called FV before I cancelled my order the customer service lady told me that those were "ghost inventory" and that she was looking at the "real deal holyfield" which said that they had none, but were getting 200 in two weeks.

Then I cancelled my order.[/quote]Yeah, I called earlier to check on it, still officially backordered. They should probably figure out why their website is showing things in stock when they aren't.

Hesitant to cancel since I'm betting as soon as I do those copies will show up. I still have a good 30-plus days to return an extra copy to Walmart with my receipt, so no real hurry yet.

[quote name='botticus']Yeah, I called earlier to check on it, still officially backordered. They should probably figure out why their website is showing things in stock when they aren't.

Hesitant to cancel since I'm betting as soon as I do those copies will show up. I still have a good 30-plus days to return an extra copy to Walmart with my receipt, so no real hurry yet.[/quote]

They said that today? My order, placed on August 9th, just shipped.

[quote name='onikage']They said that today? My order, placed on August 9th, just shipped.[/quote]Let's just say that they have no clue what's going on.

[quote name='botticus']Let's just say that they have no clue what's going on.[/quote]

Quoted for truth.

I am willing to overlook this bad experience and give FV another shot, since this is a niche title, but still...their customer service has NO idea what the hell is going on.

Going forward, I may place another order with fv, provided the item is not exclusive/limited, is not of a packaging that can get damaged during shipping, is a savings of greater than $5 to the nearest retailer and which I don't mind waiting up to a month for.
At least they do not charge the cc when the order is placed.

After 3 weeks of patiently waiting, I finally cancelled my order at FV and bought it off Amazon for $11 more. I still have Growlanser 5 pre-ordered so they have a second and last chance not to screw me over.

Now the status is: This product usually ships within 2 to 4 weeks.

I ordered on the 11th. I don't know if I can wait any longer.

Well, since a few CAG's have said that it'll be 2 weeks till they get 200 of them in, I wouldn't be surprised to see my copy ship till 2 weeks have passed.

[quote name='Moxio']Ground shipping in bubblewrap inside. Took ~4 days. Game came flawless, nothing bent.[/quote]
Buy.com shipped it in a padded envelope too? So it's not much better than FV in terms of packaging. Perhaps I should just keep waiting for my FV order.

[quote name='eau']Buy.com shipped it in a padded envelope too? So it's not much better than FV in terms of packaging. Perhaps I should just keep waiting for my FV order.[/quote]

I'm just being patient with my FV order cuz...
1. im lazy
2. i dont really NEED the game right now.
3. im way to busy with school to play videogames right now anyways.

[quote name='T3kN']I'm just being patient with my FV order cuz...
1. im lazy
2. i dont really NEED the game right now.
3. im way to busy with school to play videogames right now anyways.[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya. As long as I get it, I can wait. Especially for the price ($37 and change).

Now if it never shipped, and I have trouble finding it elsewhere, then I'll be a little ticked.

EDIT: Got the shipping notification today! YEAH!

Shipped.....shipping address is my billing name, according to my e-mail.
They better not be dumb enough to mail it out with the address being my name!

So, I'm interested in Persona 3, but I'd prefer to wait for it to drop to about the $30 range. From what I hear though, Atlus doesn't print many copies of their titles and they tend to retain value.

Does anyone know if that may be the case here?

Just got my copy shipped AFTER I cancelled my order yesterday so now I had to cancel my order at Amazon. Family Video has been a real pain in the ass with this game so I hope it comes to me undamaged.

bread's done
Back