Persona 3 $41.99 + $0.99 S&H and TotA $27.64 + $0.99 S&H @ FamilyVideo.com

sirplue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
202 (100%)
YES, another family video thread... lol

i'm kicking myself right now for biting so soon when TotA dropped to $29.99 @ JR.com :bomb:

4u0whlu.jpg

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=229839

4vn3i45.jpg

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=243583

new members use coupon code: NEWPGMEM (and take an extra $5.00 off your order)

Have people been getting confirmations all day, or just this morning? I'll be rather bummed if I have to wait for another round of stock.

[quote name='suko_32']Interesting enough, all the EB/GS around me are getting more of this in.[/quote]Ditto... probably bodes well if I do luck out of this shipment. Not unlikely that they'll be able to get more.

I didn't get a shipping confirmation e-mail, but when I logged onto my account to check the order status, it says the game shipped today.

[quote name='suko_32']Interesting enough, all the EB/GS around me are getting more of this in.[/quote]
I just saw this game at KMart, surprisingly enough. I'll probably regret buying it at full price when it's on clearance in a year or so. ;)

Mine shipped as well... but if it comes in anything less than near mint, it's going right back.

This is horrible having to wait this long and the last thing I want is a messed up copy.

Mine shipped too!

Although I already bought another copy at release, it's always nice to know that I got it at a steal. Here's praying that it doesn't arrive all messed up.

HA!

... I tried cancelling this several days ago and, voila. Shipped today.

I have a copy coming from Amazon which will probably arrive in perfect condition. I'll just shelve that to give to someone as a gift. I guess it is possible this game will get rare, but somehow I don't think it will.

[quote name='brianffrpg']Mine shipped too!

Although I already bought another copy at release, it's always nice to know that I got it at a steal. Here's praying that it doesn't arrive all messed up.[/quote]

ditto. i haven't oppened the copy i bought at retail, so i'll probably end up returing that one

Mine shipped too.

But why is my home address so funky in the shipping confirmation? There's spaces and even an exclamation mark in it.

So I guess I'm the only person who hasn't had theirs shipped? I called around 5, and supposedly they had stock still. Pretty much got confirmation that either their shipping/stock is outsourced, or their warehouse is independently run offsite, since he mentioned something about waiting to get confirmation from the warehouse would take a week.

Hopefully I'll see something by Tuesday.

mmm.....so I called familyvideo and they actually mail out my order with the address being two words, my first name and my last name. Think your address look "funked up"? Imagin how my is.....

I am NEVER EVER going to shop at #$%$&* familyvideo again!

BTW: I have another orders from FV along with persona 3 and shipping address is correct.....but so far I am still waiting for both, WTF?

[quote name='aonoxc']mmm.....so I called familyvideo and they actually mail out my order with the address being two words, my first name and my last name. Think your address look "funked up"? Imagin how my is.....

I am NEVER EVER going to shop at #$%$&* familyvideo again!

BTW: I have another orders from FV along with persona 3 and shipping address is correct.....but so far I am still waiting for both, WTF?[/quote]

They are so fucking incompetent. My address is wacky on there, too.

How do you guys check know what the address on the shipping label is already? Or are you guys talking about what they have listed in the order page?

lol, it has my shipping as:
Redla! nds, Cal ifornia

Oh well. It has my address right, just not the city and state.

Any idea if it's "normal" for the address to always appear goofy in their email to you?

Someone that has had prior experience with them and got their package?

Mine shipped on 08/31. I ordered mine on 08/16. I didn't even get an email that the game shipped! I had to check the status of my order online only AFTER CAGs started posting that their orders had shipped! I can't wait to play this game! I just hope that the game packaging doesn't get trashed in the mail! This will probably be my first and last order from FV. I sent several emails which all went unanswered! :bomb:

Mine only shipped on the 31st so it'll be a few more days. I always seem to get FV slower than other online shops.

I recieved my copy today, even though I cancelled the order several days prior to the stated ship date, and recieved confirmation that the order had been cancelled. :/

If anyone hasn't had theirs shipped yet (like me), I think we're screwed. Guy I talked to today said it's backordered again, and they will of course try to obtain more copies, but he has no information on when or if that would happen, other than "within 30 days." I guess I'll try to find a sub-$50 copy somewhere else. Maybe leave the order open just in case, but meh.

Suppose I will go the buy.com route with my wife's Gmail and hopefully end up with it for $29.99 after rebate.

[quote name='kitlink']I recieved my copy today, even though I cancelled the order several days prior to the stated ship date, and recieved confirmation that the order had been cancelled. :/[/QUOTE]

A freebie?
that would be nice........

[quote name='wbc1228']A freebie?
that would be nice........[/quote]

heh...I'm not that lucky. My card was charged, but I never openned the package, so I can just return it marked "return to sender" free of charge.

[quote name='botticus']Cancelled my order, went for $39.99 from Buy.com, with potential $10 rebate as well.[/QUOTE]
Now that you cancelled your order, you'll probably get your game right away. :) Cancelling your order seems to be the only thing that gets through to Family Video.

[quote name='mxpowar']Now that you cancelled your order, you'll probably get your game right away. :) Cancelling your order seems to be the only thing that gets through to Family Video.[/quote]It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Their inventory system really needs an overhaul... probably three days after they went out of stock again (which still only processed backorders), their site still shows it's in stock. Phenomenal.

I ordered Blue Dragon and it was shipped just several days ago, and I received it in five days with their "value" shipping. I live in CT. For $15 under MRSP I'll glady order my new games through them and Tony at liongames when it comes to getting new games for the cheap.

What's sad is my Wild Arms 5 order that was shipped out Aug. 30 arrived today from buy.com, and my P3 from Family Video still isn't here. Oh, and for what it's worth, WA5 came in a box and nearly perfect condition.

Edit: Only 8 days till the one month anniversary of my P3 order on Family Video.

[quote name='suko_32']What's sad is my Wild Arms 5 order that was shipped out Aug. 30 arrived today from buy.com, and my P3 from Family Video still isn't here. Oh, and for what it's worth, WA5 came in a box and nearly perfect condition.

Edit: Only 8 days till the one month anniversary of my P3 order on Family Video.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I wonder what my copy of WA5 will be like. I ordered from DeepDiscount (should've used buy.com though since I have a new addy now) and I've never been too happy with their service.

Still no sign of my Persona 3.

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, I wonder what my copy of WA5 will be like. I ordered from DeepDiscount (should've used buy.com though since I have a new addy now) and I've never been too happy with their service.

Still no sign of my Persona 3.[/quote]

You have nothing to worry about. My copy of WA5 shipped in a box and arrived in perfect condition, and oddly enough, my buy.com copy of persona 3 had a few dents in the box, unlike my familyvideo.com order, which was in perfect condition. Go Figure :/

just got my copy of P3 today (ordered 8/11). i was getting a bit worried, but it came in perfect condition. now i just have to find time to enjoy it.

good luck to all still waiting

[quote name='CyberTrick']just got my copy of P3 today (ordered 8/11). i was getting a bit worried, but it came in perfect condition. now i just have to find time to enjoy it.

good luck to all still waiting[/QUOTE]

Did your's come in a box or bubble/paper mailer?

[quote name='Vinny']Did your's come in a box or bubble/paper mailer?[/QUOTE]

Well, I got mine today also, and it came in a damn bubble mailer. One of the corners is smushed a bit, but I'm not gonna make a fuss because it's just too much of a hassle.

[quote name='Vinny']Did your's come in a box or bubble/paper mailer?[/quote]

mine came in a bubble/paper mailer too, but the box had no damage.

My Persona 3 came in perfect condition.
No store bought version can match the quality.

Wild Arms 5 was shipped out a day sooner, at DeepDiscount, and hasnt came yet.
Lucky for me Family Video is only hours away so my 1 dollar shipping takes 2 days.

Purchased 8/9; Recieved today without any damage (bubble envelope).
I just finished Valkyrie Profile 2 a couple days ago, so I didn't mind the wait.

Thanks to OP for the heads up on this sale!

I also got mine yesterday, in a bubble mailer. Overall I'd say the outer case is in great condition, 9/10. My WA5 came a couple days earlier, also in a mailer, so it looks like that's what we should expect from FV.

bread's done
Back