Persona 3 $41.99 + $0.99 S&H and TotA $27.64 + $0.99 S&H @ FamilyVideo.com

sirplue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
202 (100%)
YES, another family video thread... lol

i'm kicking myself right now for biting so soon when TotA dropped to $29.99 @ JR.com :bomb:

4u0whlu.jpg

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=229839

4vn3i45.jpg

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=243583

new members use coupon code: NEWPGMEM (and take an extra $5.00 off your order)

got mine just now and the top corner is bent ever so slightly; but i got it for 13 dollars less that I would have at a store and to me thats worth it b/c I dont have time to play it right now anyway, so I didn't mind the extra 3 weeks shipping.

Finally got mine also after weeks of waiting.

The bottom left corner is slightly crushed (it was in a bubble mailer) but I'm just relieved that the damn thing finally came.

Here's hoping that this baby nets me some profit in a few years!

Same here. I'm not taking it out of the wrapper, and instead just going to sell it later on.

Ill just find "another way" to play the game....
bahahaha, lol, hehehe.

Got mine finally. Bubble wrap, but one corner is damaged. Oh well. I just wanted to buy it to support Atlus. Probably not going to resell.

Yes! Finally got it in the mail.
The lower left hand corner of the package is a little smooshed, but not bad at all.
Took me a whole month to get the game though...

[quote name='McNutsack']My Persona 3 came in perfect condition.
No store bought version can match the quality.

Wild Arms 5 was shipped out a day sooner, at DeepDiscount, and hasnt came yet.
Lucky for me Family Video is only hours away so my 1 dollar shipping takes 2 days.[/quote]

If it weren't for your "CAG Veteran" status and the fact that you name is "McNutsack" I'd be calling you out as a shill.

So I got mine today, bubble mailer, slight corner dent, otherwise seemingly fine.

Here's my question. Is the game supposed to come with an instruction manual? Or is that artbook supposed to be it? I got nothing but the disc on the inside of my case.

[quote name='Theros']So I got mine today, bubble mailer, slight corner dent, otherwise seemingly fine.

Here's my question. Is the game supposed to come with an instruction manual? Or is that artbook supposed to be it? I got nothing but the disc on the inside of my case.[/quote]

Really? I haven't opened mine yet, prob wont for a while, since to busy with school and stuff.
But yeah im really curious to know about mine now.

[quote name='Theros']Here's my question. Is the game supposed to come with an instruction manual? Or is that artbook supposed to be it? I got nothing but the disc on the inside of my case.[/quote]
Yes, it should come with the manual inside the game case. I got my copy from FV yesterday. It came with the artbook, soundtrack cd inside the artbook, and game case with disc + instruction manual.

Sorry to hear that yours was missing the manual. :cry:

[quote name='Theros']So I got mine today, bubble mailer, slight corner dent, otherwise seemingly fine.

Here's my question. Is the game supposed to come with an instruction manual? Or is that artbook supposed to be it? I got nothing but the disc on the inside of my case.[/QUOTE]

Now that just sucks... especially for me since I'm won't be around to check once it arrives.

Does anyone else have this problem? I don't have time to play yet so I was going to keep the package sealed, unless this is a wide spread problem... but I cannot see how they (either FV or Atlus) could send out a game without the instructions...

Here's my question. Is the game supposed to come with an instruction manual? Or is that artbook supposed to be it? I got nothing but the disc on the inside of my case.[/quote]

[quote name='Asgardian']Does anyone else have this problem? I don't have time to play yet so I was going to keep the package sealed, unless this is a wide spread problem... but I cannot see how they (either FV or Atlus) could send out a game without the instructions...[/quote]I've gotten games without discs before, it happens.

but if you are going to keep it seal for ebay or collection, would it really matter if the instruction is missing?

I'm gonna open mine tomorrow to see if the manual is missing or something.

I ordered from Amazon and received awhile ago, but haven't opened. Too busy.

[quote name='botticus']I've gotten games without discs before, it happens.[/quote]
I have a nasty habit of opening games 5 months after purchase date. I can't believe I even procrastinate on opening games!

Luckily, none were missing the discs. If the disc was missing though, God help us all. :cold: :cold:

So my Tales of Abyss went from In Processing to In Fulfillment. Now I'm confused as to if it's actually shipped or not but I am going to go with it hasn't yet until I see the status as shipped. Anyone who has received Persona 3 looked at their order status and seen what it has said?

[quote name='Asgardian']Does anyone else have this problem? I don't have time to play yet so I was going to keep the package sealed, unless this is a wide spread problem... but I cannot see how they (either FV or Atlus) could send out a game without the instructions...[/quote]
Ok, just opened my game and played for 2 hours.

Yes, the instructions are there. Nothing missing. :D

And great game too!

[quote name='Dkellar']I received my Persona 3 today. Pretty fast shipping as it was sent out the 6th.[/QUOTE]

Grr. Mine shipped on the 31th, and i still dont have it. I better get it monday.

8/10 Order placed with familyvideo
8/21 order placed with amazon
8/24 amazon order shipped
8/27 Amazon order arrived
8/27 Emailed familyvideo to cancel order
8/29 Email from familyvideo saying they got my request, but cancellation is not confirmed
8/31 Email from familyvideo that order has shipped
9/8 Persona 3 arrives in bubble mailer, but good condition with no dents on box

I'm glad it arrived, and in good condition. I wasn't in a rush to play, and will probably unload the second copy on ebay in a couple months when it is out of stock for msrp.

[quote name='moo']Mine shipped on the 31st and I still haven't gotten it yet.[/quote]

Wow I can't belive there are still people out there who havent gotten there copies of P3 Yet. :lol:
Family Video really did some bad service to a lot of us by making us wait this long.
I honestly haven't even opened up my copy yet.

[quote name='SleazyC']So my Tales of Abyss went from In Processing to In Fulfillment. Now I'm confused as to if it's actually shipped or not but I am going to go with it hasn't yet until I see the status as shipped. Anyone who has received Persona 3 looked at their order status and seen what it has said?[/quote]
My Persona 3 order for them is listed as shipped (and arrived quite some time ago), but my order for Tales of the Abyss also changed over to "In Fulfillment" which I'm not exactly sure what tis "In Fulfillment" actually entails, but they said:

We are sorry to inform you that the following item(s) are still backordered:

1 x Tales of the Abyss : PlayStation 2

While most items come back into stock within 30 days, some titles are much more difficult to obtain. We have not charged your credit card for your backordered item(s) at this time. We will continue to monitor your order for an additional 30 days. We will also provide you with any updates as they become available to us.

Thank you again for your order and your patience. If you have any further questions simply reply to this email.

Thank you for choosing FamilyVideo.com as your choice for entertainment!

Your Friends at FamilyVideo.com

1-888-332-6843

So it almost sounds like the order went from the vauge status of processing to the even more vauge status of in fulfillment...

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']]I have a nasty habit of opening games 5 months after purchase date. I can't believe I even procrastinate on opening games!

Luckily, none were missing the discs. If the disc was missing though, God help us all. :cold: :cold:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got burned on this recently. Had a copy of Front Mission 4 from Wal-Mart which I bought for really cheap (like $5). Left it sealed for the better part of a year and just opened it two days ago - no disc and no chance of a return (not that they would probably believe me anyway).

[quote name='Draccius']Yeah, I got burned on this recently. Had a copy of Front Mission 4 from Wal-Mart which I bought for really cheap (like $5). Left it sealed for the better part of a year and just opened it two days ago - no disc and no chance of a return (not that they would probably believe me anyway).[/quote]

That scares the crap out of me:hot::hot::hot:

::rushes to open his copy of P3::

phew! everythings in there :bouncy:

[quote name='Asgardian']Does anyone else have this problem? I don't have time to play yet so I was going to keep the package sealed, unless this is a wide spread problem... but I cannot see how they (either FV or Atlus) could send out a game without the instructions...[/QUOTE]
I bought Forza 2 for the 360 recently and it didnt have the instructions. It was factory sealed with the y-fold shrinkwrap and everything. This is the first time a new game I bought was missing something. Talk about 1 in a million. At least the disc was in there.

[quote name='Draccius']Yeah, I got burned on this recently. Had a copy of Front Mission 4 from Wal-Mart which I bought for really cheap (like $5). Left it sealed for the better part of a year and just opened it two days ago - no disc and no chance of a return (not that they would probably believe me anyway).[/QUOTE]

I had that happen with a copy of Powerstone 2 for the Dreamcast... fortunately Target exchanged it.

This happened to a friend of mine with Kingdom Hearts, he opened it as soon as he got out of the store only to discover no disc. Luckily Target (It may have been Wal-Mart) exchanged it, but they gave him really weird looks like he was trying to pull something.

Oh man... I wonder how many of my sealed games are missing crap. It's easy to check for disks (90% of the time you can shake case and you'll hear it- doesn't work with multi-disk games though) but manuals and whatnot are a bit harder.

I just got home and checked out my Persona 3... and it was shipped in a damn paper manila envelope. I got lucky in that the item isn't too damaged or anything and I'm not going to bother returning it. All 8 corners are dinged in though.:bomb:

I'm never ordering from them again though. I didn't mind the wait but shipping an item in a paper envelope is ridiculous.

On the other hand, DeepDiscount at least shipped my item in a box.

Yeah, my box was dinged up during shipping. Though, that's not what I care about at this point. What I'm not happy about is what I found after I opened the artbook.

Near the bottom of pages 36 and 37 there was glue (presumably from the book binding process) on the pages, and so when I went to open it some of page 36 was ripped off and transferred to page 37.

I guess I don't really care that much, but it is a shame that such a nice book was degraded.

Well... my biggest worry is that I am keeping my extra copy sealed so I can have the option to sell it on ebay later if it happens to fetch a good price.. but what happen if the game is incomplete? There's no way I would believe the buyer to have recieved a game with missing contents if it's freaken sealed...

The best way I can think of to test if there are likely anything missing without opening the wrapper is to find a high precision balance to check it's weight against a complete copy.

you don't need a high precision scale, since the instruction booklet is hefty enough- a post office scale works fine, for example.

The full package is 384-386 (13.5oz) grams, sealed or unsealed
the instruction booklet is 49 grams (1.70oz)
the ost cd is 19 grams (.65 oz)

You wouldn't feel that difference in your hand, but if you put it on a scale and the sealed package is 20+ grams less you are missing an item.

I ordered P3 on Aug. 19th and still haven't received it...
(Status: In Fullfillment)

So much time has passed that the card I used to buy it has expired. I wonder if that'll end up being a problem since they don't charge til the order is shipped...

I finally received mine today. It came in a plastic bubble mailer and the corners are a little bit dinged up. Oh well, at least I got it.

bread's done
Back