Persona 3: FES - $19.99 @ Amazon (not 3rd party)

[quote name='wastedyears']Better than P4, imo.[/QUOTE]

IDK about that. They are both pretty good. They each have their own feel even though they are basically the same game (engine, etc.)

I like P3's soundtrack wayyyy better though tbh. Makes me wish I had a hard copy of it.

[quote name='iRent']What is the matter?
random.gif
[/QUOTE]
I think he wanted to post the deal first. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
How many copies of this were printed compared to Persona 4? I want to pick up the latter, but the price for this one dropped pretty fast, so I don't mind waiting for P4 to drop as well.

[quote name='johntron']I think he wanted to post the deal first. :)[/QUOTE]

I think he was hoping that Amazon would stay out of stock (this just came back in stock). Take a look at the prices of the game on the Amazon Marketplace. He probably had a copy to sell.

[quote name='whitereflection']How many copies of this were printed compared to Persona 4? I want to pick up the latter, but the price for this one dropped pretty fast, so I don't mind waiting for P4 to drop as well.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how it compares to P4, but it looks like a decent amount of FES was printed since it was released last year in April. GS had it as part of their gamedays sale earlier this year.

It looks like Amazon found a stock of these in their warehouse because the description still says that the game is discontinued.

Persona 4 already recevied a price-drop at Gamestop (they seem to drop prices on Atlus titles pretty quickly. I'm guessing to move stock of these niche games). I don't know if a price drop might occur, but the game might be on sale around christmas time (a year after the game was released). I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon includes it as part of their x-mas sale.

[quote name='superdry']I don't know how it compares to P4, but it looks like a decent amount of FES was printed since it was released last year in April. GS had it as part of their gamedays sale earlier this year.

It looks like Amazon found a stock of these in their warehouse because the description still says that the game is discontinued.

Persona 4 already recevied a price-drop at Gamestop (they seem to drop prices on Atlus titles pretty quickly. I'm guessing to move stock of these niche games). I don't know if a price drop might occur, but the game might be on sale around christmas time (a year after the game was released). I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon includes it as part of their x-mas sale.[/QUOTE]

the game was already on sale last black friday. Since it is discontinued I wont take a chance and just get it now

[quote name='Edgeworth']Damn. That's a fine deal. Although, I don't feel too bad, since I bought the limited edition for $29 (?).[/QUOTE]

I think it was around $25-$26 during Amazon's sale :)

[quote name='Nibi']Is this worth picking up if I still have the original version sealed from it's initial release?[/QUOTE]

Did you even play it? LOL...Of course it is. There's an added story line. And you can transfer some stuff from your original save.

[quote name='whitereflection']How many copies of this were printed compared to Persona 4? I want to pick up the latter, but the price for this one dropped pretty fast, so I don't mind waiting for P4 to drop as well.[/QUOTE]

It's funny that you said that because before they reprinted P3 as FES, the original ones used to go for about 80+ bucks on eBay due its rarity.

[quote name='Nibi']Is this worth picking up if I still have the original version sealed from it's initial release?[/QUOTE]

Yes, in matter of fact I'd sell the sealed P3 and pick up 2 copies of FES right now.

For one, I do believe that as someone else said, Amazon found an extra box somewhere in the warehouse. Last week they were all out of stock of P3: FES and copies went for up to 37-40 bucks. So I believe Amazons trying to clear out the final stock.

Second, P3: FES has everything P3 has, in addition to ~30 hours of "directors cut" gameplay. Thus, the normal P3 is basically obsolete, and P3 FES is going to be rare soon I *think.* Unless Amazon just ordered another 'set' of crates, but I'm willing to bet that that's not the case :)

I personally bought P3:FES with a giftcart I got from Circuit City (before it went out of business) because the FireDog people screwed over my mother and I called corporate.

P3F at $20 is a great price; not the greatest it's ever been, but if it's the best you can find, definitely take it.

It provides about a minimum of 100 hours of gameplay the first time through, and there's New Game Plus too, if you hate your social life. Or you could buy it for a very, very bored teenager.

[quote name='gaxur']P3F at $20 is a great price; not the greatest it's ever been, but if it's the best you can find, definitely take it.

It provides about a minimum of 100 hours of gameplay the first time through, and there's New Game Plus too, if you hate your social life. Or you could buy it for a very, very bored teenager.[/QUOTE]

Real life is over rated LOL. I'm over that high school phase. I just say screw it and do what I please.

Damn good deal. Bought it when it was first released. IMO it's not really worth playing the whole game over again just because of the new bonus content added in the original game. Unless you want to play 100+ hours again just to see:

Date with elizabeth (as quests)
Walking Koromaru with SEES members
Weapon fusion

That's all I remember. The price was worth it just to play the new additional game though (the answer), since it picks up after the ending in P3.

I've put something like 115 hours into the game and still haven't finished it... Haven't even made it to "The Answer" yet... I've given it a bit of a break as of late but I do intend to finish it at some point before moving on to Persona 4 and Devil Summoner 2.

That is a good deal....was able to stock up on 20+ copies of Persona 3 FES Limited OST + Artbook, which was a hotter deal =)

I await the next hot deal....

Is it true that FES glitches on BC PS3's? I have a fully backwards compatible launch 60GB, and I've yet to play this game due to this fear of corrupted save states. My original P3 works fine, though.

bread's done
Back