Persona 3 FES - any deals?

unbongwah

CAGiversary!
Did a quick search of CAG and the usual suspects (Amazon, EBX, etc.), but I didn't find any sale prices or bundles. So, are there any deals on FES; or should I just go ahead and pre-order it?

The gold box deal on amazon is the best I could find. I am paying $26.50. You can get what you want in the gold box by editing your favorites.

[quote name='almasy82']The gold box deal on amazon is the best I could find. I am paying $26.50. You can get what you want in the gold box by editing your favorites.[/quote]

What did you put as your favorites to get FES in gold box?

[quote name='almasy82']The gold box deal on amazon is the best I could find. I am paying $26.50. You can get what you want in the gold box by editing your favorites.[/quote]

How'd you get it to $26.50? I got it in the gold box for 28.49...

[quote name='underliness']What did you put as your favorites to get FES in gold box?[/quote]
Here is a better explanation on how to get the gold box deal at Amazon.

Hmm..is there any quick way to clear reccomendations? I cleared over 150, but with no end in sight I just sort of gave up. Lord knows how many amazon recommendations I have. Also, how are you able to mark similar items as ones that you already own? The only time I've ever had the option to mark something as something that I own is when I get a recommendation from amazon....

[quote name='darkcecil32']Hmm..is there any quick way to clear reccomendations? I cleared over 150, but with no end in sight I just sort of gave up. Lord knows how many amazon recommendations I have. Also, how are you able to mark similar items as ones that you already own? The only time I've ever had the option to mark something as something that I own is when I get a recommendation from amazon....[/quote]
There is a check box, near the "Rate this Item", down the item page at Amazon where you can click "I own this".

[quote name='the_punisher']You kidding? Trying to save $2? Bite the bullet, $30 for this game is a bargain.[/quote]

I'm fairly certain that the TC was looking for more of a deal than $2, but unfortunately, that was the best we could conjure up. That being said, saving a couple of bucks on a bunch of Amazon purchases is great for anyone, who like me, buys a ton of stuff on Amazon.

It's a pretty good deal if you order through Amazon b/c you'll save a little over $3, or 10%, considering most of us don't have to pay tax on top of the Gold Box discount. :)

Edit: That is if you can get the Gold Box discount to work of course hehe.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']It's a pretty good deal if you order through Amazon b/c you'll save a little over $3, or 10%, considering most of us don't have to pay tax on top of the Gold Box discount. :)

Edit: That is if you can get the Gold Box discount to work of course hehe.[/quote]
How did you get 10%? Gold box discount amounts to only 5%.

This game is a rip off if you already own Persona 3 and want the expansion only. I'll probably be using the GCO cheat again...

i cant get the gold box thing working either, but it mu st take awhile...there's still a load of time before the game comes out, so im gonna keep trying :) thanks for the gold box idea!

[quote name='Hostile']This game is a rip off if you already own Persona 3 and want the expansion only. I'll probably be using the GCO cheat again...[/QUOTE]

personally, i dont mind shelling out $30 for this, i loved the first, and i think of it as supporting the series (and company), besides, persona 4 is confirmed (as of yesterday) and if alot of people pick this up, im sure that'll be better incentive into bringing persona 4 here faster :)

[quote name='Hostile']This game is a rip off if you already own Persona 3 and want the expansion only. I'll probably be using the GCO cheat again...[/quote]

In Japan I believe they charged almost the same price for just the expansion as they did for the original game, would you feel better if they did that here?

[quote name='espy605']In Japan I believe they charged almost the same price for just the expansion as they did for the original game, would you feel better if they did that here?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was a bit salty about that at first but then found out that in Japan, the FES expansion version was $30 whereas the normal game plus FES was $60.

In Japan they buy books with models in bikinis below age 17. Would you feel better if they did that here?

An asshole-y way of saying this isn't Japan/Europe/Africa/Heaven/Hell/etcetera ;)

[quote name='Hostile']In Japan they buy books with models in bikinis below age 17. Would you feel better if they did that here?[/quote]

Quite.

Is Persona 3 itself going to drop in value once FES comes out? I've got a like-new copy that I'm looking to sell (and of course am planning to get FES, though with estarland credit unless I can find a cheaper place).

To clearing your amazon recommendations, I haven't tried to force anything in the gold box because I'm not trying to buy anything yet, but I cleared my entire 'you said you own this' list, and then put 'don't use for recommendations' for everything else. Of course, that's not easy if you buy a ton from amazon... I found that abusing a laggy connection to them (comes from refreshing the page by clicking 'delete' 40 times in a row....) let me click 'delete' on 3 items at a time, and it deleted all 3 when the page refreshed... I guess that's not too useful. Now my recommendations list is pretty much empty, though :)

To Vinny: what exchange rate are you using? Last I checked, it was ~100 yen to the dollar. Persona 3 FES, expansion version, is 5000 yen, and game+FES is 8100 yen. The expansion may be cheaper, but it's not $30/$60.

[quote name='prmononoke']Quite.[/quote]

Me, too.

Atlus USA is a small company, and they're within their rights to charge $30 for the FES expansion alone, or better yet, not release it at all. The fact they're including the original game is a bonus.

Is Persona 3 itself going to drop in value once FES comes out? I've got a like-new copy that I'm looking to sell (and of course am planning to get FES, though with estarland credit unless I can find a cheaper place).

P3 originally came with some limited edition goodies. Having said that, if you're buying video games an investment, don't.

As the other poster said, the original P3 came with the soundtrack, art book, and cardboard box, so it might still hold value. Still, opened ones certainly will no longer fetch a high amount, because right now, you have collectors and people who just want to play the damn game bidding up the eBay auctions. Once FES hits, anyone who wants to play the game will look for that. And the collector's will focus more on the sealed copies up for auctions.

[quote name='espy605']P3 originally came with some limited edition goodies. Having said that, if you're buying video games an investment, don't.[/quote]

I wasn't looking at it like that - just looking at the going rates of P3 right now and thinking maybe I should sell mine while I still can get money for it - the sad thing is, we (my brother and I) bought it, and then I downloaded the rom of the undub version (same game, but Japanese audio, a marked improvement in my eyes), and we just played that instead. So the US release has barely even been played.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll toss P3 in my sell-list when I get one going.

[quote name='AkariK']I wasn't looking at it like that - just looking at the going rates of P3 right now and thinking maybe I should sell mine while I still can get money for it - the sad thing is, we (my brother and I) bought it, and then I downloaded the rom of the undub version (same game, but Japanese audio, a marked improvement in my eyes), and we just played that instead. So the US release has barely even been played.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll toss P3 in my sell-list when I get one going.[/quote]

You could always trade the disc back in and keep the goodies.

bread's done
Back