Persona 3 FES (PS2) w/ sdtk and art book - $29.99 @ Amazon.com

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It's been bouncing around the $25 mark since it was $19.95 on Black Friday weekend.[/quote]

Gotcha. Feel free to remove if this isn't really a deal...

Yea it's still a great deal, just not the best one that's been around per se because of Black Friday. Thanks for the heads up though OP! :)

Yeah, anyone who happened to miss the BF deal should definitely pick this up! It's a great game and a bargain even for a few more dollars.

[quote name='Pck21']Yea it's still a great deal, just not the best one that's been around per se because of Black Friday. Thanks for the heads up though OP! :)[/quote]

No problem at all ;) I remember most top-ranked Atlus games staying above $30, so it seemed like a pretty good deal to me - then again, I haven't checked CAG regularly in ages :oops: This game + Orange Box (XB 360) + GOW 2 seemed like an awesome deal for less than $50 shipped.

I just got my persona3 from amazon that I ordered on BF. I take it the soundtrack comes in the game? Because I got the bundle and I can see the artbook inside.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']I just got my persona3 from amazon that I ordered on BF. I take it the soundtrack comes in the game? Because I got the bundle and I can see the artbook inside.[/QUOTE]

it is inside

Yea out of curiosity I opened up the bundle and checked out the artbook. Found the CD lol. Kept the game sealed though, another game to add to my backlog :(

OMGz I want this!!@

Sweet. P3FESLE for $0.00. Or technically more like $69 + tax. :cry:

Probably worth noting from the other thread that this really is just P3LE with FES stuffed in the box and sealed up. Same box, book, and OST.

[quote name='fairtrade']OMGz I want this!!@

Probably worth noting from the other thread that this really is just P3LE with FES stuffed in the box and sealed up. Same box, book, and OST.[/QUOTE]

Which makes it the best of both worlds. I can't tell you how many times I've debated whether to get P3 with the art book, or P3FES without it. Now, I don't have to decide.

And thankfully, Amazon has found a way to reward me for my procrastination.

the soundtrack is great... i would love to find a copy of just the soundtrack since i already own fes... tempted to just buy it for the soundtrack alone.

[quote name='fairtrade']OMGz I want this!!@

Probably worth noting from the other thread that this really is just P3LE with FES stuffed in the box and sealed up. Same box, book, and OST.[/quote]

Oh boy, that made me laugh. :lol: Finals are coming up, so this is a treat.

[quote name='escapekey']Which makes it the best of both worlds. I can't tell you how many times I've debated whether to get P3 with the art book, or P3FES without it. Now, I don't have to decide.[/quote]

I wholly agree, it is a great deal for those of us who didn't get P3LE or FES yet. If I didn't already have both, I'd have snagged this when it was cheaper for BF for sure.

And to be honest if they had redone a new FES box for the set I'd be $19.99 poorer right now. :roll:

I have been on the fence about this one since BF. I have wanted this for collection purposes for a while now, and now that GS has dropped the price, it appears they were ordered to destroy or give away all the extra packaging that comes with any used games. Not usually a big fan of Atlus rpgs, but I would be willing to at least try it. Probably going to wait a little longer in hopes that I see one for trade for cheaper.

is this worth it for someone new to atlus rpgs? I'm not a huge rpg fan, but I generally play one every 6 months or so. I've heard these games are kind of brutal, and have a lot of grinding. Think i'm better off just staying away?

From what I hear, persona 3 isn't that brutal, I think it even has an easy mode. and what I mean from what I hear, I have persona3 I ordered on BF for 20 sitting here, but Im not starting it quite yet. Wish me luck, when I start it lol.

I just started this game yesterday and I spent 5 mins short of 9 hours on it. Played for 5 hours, went to school for final, came back and played another 4. The longest game marathon I've had in a while if not ever.

That has to say something, either about me or the game.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']From what I hear, persona 3 isn't that brutal, I think it even has an easy mode. and what I mean from what I hear, I have persona3 I ordered on BF for 20 sitting here, but Im not starting it quite yet. Wish me luck, when I start it lol.[/QUOTE]

fair enough... in for one.

[quote name='mang9432']is this worth it for someone new to atlus rpgs? I'm not a huge rpg fan, but I generally play one every 6 months or so. I've heard these games are kind of brutal, and have a lot of grinding. Think i'm better off just staying away?[/QUOTE]

If you play an RPG every once in a while, this is absolutely a good one to play. There is some grinding, but it is only a few levels at a time, and it is mostly optional.

Some of the bosses are pretty hard, though, so you DO need to understand the combat system well (though, on that same note, careful manipulation of the combat system will cut down on grinding that you have to do). Though, also, this is a very long game. It'll be at least 60 hours, I'd bet. I'm 54 in right now, and I know I have a ways to go, but I'm trying to do everything. My roommate did pretty much everything that could be done, and he was over 80 hours when he finished.

On a side note, I finally started persona 3 last night and it's alot of fun. Im only maybe 2 hours in, but it has a way of hooking you.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']On a side note, I finally started persona 3 last night and it's alot of fun. Im only maybe 2 hours in, but it has a way of hooking you.[/QUOTE]

The first few hours are a really restricted version of the main game. It gets way, way better when your schedule finally opens up and you can start fusing new personae. You are gonna have a really good time, my friend.

Yea, I finally got the game opened up and am now able to do alot of open stuff and explore tartarus on my own. One thing I love about the game is that you'll dungeon crawl for awhile, tire out, then go back and do other things not related to RPGs and then when you get that stuff done you feel like RPGing again. It really works well imo, but Im sure the leveling up will get a tad longer towards the end XD, but so far so good. It's funny, I hardly knew anything about this game before BF, hell even the SMT games and here I am playing one and enjoying it. There are alot of good games to play, just need to be open minded.

Doesn't hurt to call, although I had a problem a few days ago and needed to call Their "Customer service" and couldn't get anybody that spoke decent english. The packaged ended up arriving anyway, 7 hours after it said it was delivered XD. Anyway, I would call or email, but I feel outsourcing their customer service does more harm than good, because I could hardly understand them.

damn, just have to bite on this now, hah. i totally forgot about it on BF because of other holiday shopping, but hey, why not get something for myself... thanks op!

drat. I was going to buy this for a friend and steal the artbook/soundtrack. BAH. I guess I'll just go to CC and pick it up at 50% off.

[quote name='lwelyk']drat. I was going to buy this for a friend and steal the artbook/soundtrack. BAH. I guess I'll just go to CC and pick it up at 50% off.[/quote]

It's down to $27.99 now - dunno what the deal is with their prices...

I might wait out a couple of days. I'm a sucker for artbooks (I have a couple already), and I'm tempted to buy FES again just for one...

bread's done
Back