Persona 3 Used In-Stock @ Gamestop.com, $40 Shipped after 25% Coupon

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I guess.
Well, what I do, is when I go to stores for whatever reason, I just check the games/electornic section.
I don't drive around just for the games, but I suppose some people do.[/quote]

And considering the number of games Atlus typically prints, this simply isn't true. Not everyone is going to be able to find it, as there just aren't enough to go around.

There was a copy at the local kmart for a while and I foolishly waited to see if it would go on clearance. It's, of course, gone now. Sigh.

This thread prompted me to find a playing copy. Wanted to keep my new copy a sealed collectable (Buy.com w/GCO 39.99 free ship no tax)

Gamestop locator found 3 copies in my area 1 was complete with artbook and OST in the slipcase. Excellent condition and 35.99 + tax after edge and the famous email 10% off coupon

Still easy to find a copy it looks like..

Wow..can't believe this game is already rare, bought it when it came out last year, though that Atlus printed alot of copies, so as to avoid a Nocturne scenario where buyers would bitch and complain about a limited run. Hope they do another run, as this game should be enjoyed by everybody.

If the rumor of FES is true, we will just have to see if the demand will still be as high when FES is out

[quote name='62t']If the rumor of FES is true, we will just have to see if the demand will still be as high when FES is out[/quote]

Well of course it won't.

Over here in Hawaii, I couldn't find the darn game anywhere. Seems like Best Buy, Sears, Circuit City, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Gamestop does not have this in stock. I've been practically all over the island and had no luck. Someone reported that he bought the last copies from the only K-Mart on the island that had them (Waikele). I actually own just the game itself (no artbook, soundtrack, or box) but broke down and bought a new copy off of eBay for $73 instead of wasting any more time in a hopeless search. So yeah, if anyone from Hawaii is expecting to find this game in a retail store at this point in time, take my word -- it's not there.

The CompUSA deal seems kind of fishy... I don't particularly trust a company that says it'll have more copies of a game that's as rare as P3 in stock in a few weeks.

I bought this game brand new sealed at GC a week ago, then went to GS abd found a strategy guide, which I could sell on ebay together for probably around $90 :D of course, I have no intention to do this.

Alright guys, one more question before I get this. Do I have to know anything about the previous games in the series to get full entertainment out of this? Are they connected at all?

[quote name='1SwtDeception']So lame. No place in MN has it, well checking in my area at least, but in my bf's it's like everywhere![/quote]

Whereabouts in MN are you I know a place near Eden Prarie that might still have one.

[quote name='forumreader']Alright guys, one more question before I get this. Do I have to know anything about the previous games in the series to get full entertainment out of this? Are they connected at all?[/quote]
No. There is a small reference to a previous Persona, but you wouldn't notice unless someone told you.

[quote name='underliness']Whereabouts in MN are you I know a place near Eden Prarie that might still have one.[/QUOTE]

I'm in St. Paul. Where do they have it in Eden Prarie?

Is it worth it to get one used from gamestop to sell or trade? I'm not really into JRPGs. According to the finder on the website there's 1-3 copies at a store near me.

[quote name='1SwtDeception']I'm in St. Paul. Where do they have it in Eden Prarie?[/quote]

They had it at the Eden Prarie Center at Sears at the bottom of the display case buried under a bunch of stuff. I bought one a couple weeks ago and there was one left. But looking at Sears website it says out of stock at that store. Worth a check still if your in the area.

But I also saw it today at K-Mart in Minnetonka for 49.99 one copy left there also. It's in the Display case. There are some serious mutants there though so watch out >.

I just got a brand new copy of this game for $50. I wouldn't buy it used at Gamestop - or new -. I saw a used copy at Gamestop and it only had the main game case, and the "new" copies were opened and RIPPED!

[quote name='1SwtDeception']So lame. No place in MN has it, well checking in my area at least, but in my bf's it's like everywhere![/QUOTE]

Well, the GS locator shows one at the Block E GS in Minneapolis. It's been up there for at least a few days (I've been checking), might be worth a shot, although condition is of course hit or miss. And you might want to call first; the locator also still shows one at the Maple Grove GS, but I bought that copy around noon today ;)

[quote name='Zman310']Well, the GS locator shows one at the Block E GS in Minneapolis. It's been up there for at least a few days (I've been checking), might be worth a shot, although condition is of course hit or miss. And you might want to call first; the locator also still shows one at the Maple Grove GS, but I bought that copy around noon today ;)[/quote]

I would call in. I check a GS today that the computer said they had 1-3 copies of DDS. The employee kept thinking I ment Devil Summoner and I kept correcting him. After about 45 mins of searching he couldnt find it and said the computer was mistaken...wish he would have let me look through those drawers.. I got the impression the extent of his gaming was Halo and Pokemon.

Im pretty sure there are a couple brand new copies of P3 at my KMart, and a couple used complete w/artbook at my local GS (I don't think there is the soundtrack) PM me if you are interested in having me pick one up for you.

It helps that I lie in ND, where no one plays video games.

[quote name='underliness']I would call in. I check a GS today that the computer said they had 1-3 copies of DDS. The employee kept thinking I ment Devil Summoner and I kept correcting him. After about 45 mins of searching he couldnt find it and said the computer was mistaken...wish he would have let me look through those drawers.. I got the impression the extent of his gaming was Halo and Pokemon.[/QUOTE]

Or he did find it and decided to keep it himself and tell you otherwise. Remember, GS/EB employees are usually scum.:)

But seriously, sometimes those computers are mistaken and they work both ways though usually it's pretty good.

[quote name='Vinny']Or he did find it and decided to keep it himself and tell you otherwise. Remember, GS/EB employees are usually scum.:)

But seriously, sometimes those computers are mistaken and they work both ways though usually it's pretty good.[/quote]

Yeah, the online store inventory has not been accurate in my experience, and not just at Gamestop. Back when I was trying to find a Nintendo DS Lite, Circuit City store inventory reported my local store had none. One day I just went there anyway, and guess what I found?

Check the stores regardless.

True. If the store is close, or if you are heading in that area already, check the store. I find stuff all the time the computer claims they are out of.

[quote name='gunm']I just bought a brand new copy at Sears last night. They had two.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! I hunted all over yesterday afternoon when I found out this one's going the way of the dodo bird. Best I could find at EB was a gutted copy with only the game discs. Low and behold, sears.com saved the day. I did in-store pick up and spared myself any headaches.

I will never visit compusa ever again the rest of my life

Item Cancellation Notice

Dear CAG

COMPUSA.com eats dog turds for breakfast. Unfortunately, one or more items on your order cannot be fulfilled due to circumstances completely within our control (ie: basic inventory management.).

Please accept our rape for this inconvenience. The details of cancellation are listed below. Note: Compusa always has been a cruel joke and our store exists mostly to overcharge simpletons for office supplies .

If you wish to replace this item with another, please contact some random jackass in India who also works for 18004myxbox at 1-800-COMPUSA by phone 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week, be prepared to stay on hold for up to 10 hours.

Regards,

COMPUSA.com

[quote name='expane']I will never visit compusa ever again the rest of my life

Item Cancellation Notice

Dear CAG

COMPUSA.com eats dog turds for breakfast. Unfortunately, one or more items on your order cannot be fulfilled due to circumstances completely within our control (ie: basic inventory management.).

Please accept our rape for this inconvenience. The details of cancellation are listed below. Note: Compusa always has been a cruel joke and our store exists mostly to overcharge simpletons for office supplies .

If you wish to replace this item with another, please contact some random jackass in India who also works for 18004myxbox at 1-800-COMPUSA by phone 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week, be prepared to stay on hold for up to 10 hours.

Regards,

COMPUSA.com[/quote]

Same thing happened to me. Mine got cancelled about 4 days ago. If it's not available then they really should remove it from the site. It would have been nice to have a sealed copy of this game though.

Its great that people have sealed copies, and extra sealed copies, and multiple copies of sealed copies, and ebay auctions and multiple copies of ebay auctions, its really fantastic.

But I think those posts are much better suited to the trading board, since thats where the trading and selling happens.

[quote name='expane']Its great that people have sealed copies, and extra sealed copies, and multiple copies of sealed copies, and ebay auctions and multiple copies of ebay auctions, its really fantastic.

But I think those posts are much better suited to the trading board, since thats where the trading and selling happens.[/quote]

Lol. :applause:

I don't know if anyone is still looking for a copy, but I managed to find a second one. I'd be willing to send it out to a fellow CAG for what I paid for it (65) plus shipping. I know that's not really a great deal, but at least it's something. If not, I'll just return it in a few days and let someone else get a crack at it.

PM me if interested.

Simply one of the best RPG games on the Playstation 2. One of my all-time favorites! I wish I had a sealed copy still...just to collect. This baby is going to be worth a fortune in a few years! Unless Atlus does one of their infamous reprints...

Best of luck to anyone who purchases this from our website. I'll bet it will be a disc only game or without the artbook. The artbook is pretty cool.

i remember seeing them at bestbuy after it was released and wanted to wait till an assumed price drop... instead, they disappear to (most likely) ebay hoarders... d'oh! i should know better on these kinds of titles... i'll keep waiting on posts like these i guess...

bread's done
Back