Persona 4 - $36.99 on Amazon now! (was $34.99)

[quote name='Rodster']I say the 360. :bouncy:

Last year Atlus said they are bringing their RPG's to the 360. I'll try and find the link.

http://www.gamertell.com/gaming/comment/atlus-becomes-third-party-publisher-for-xbox-360/
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6183068.html[/quote]

i agree with you
icon_smile.gif

[quote name='UberNinjaz']But whatever, hopefully never ends up as a Wii-exclusive.[/quote]

God I hope not.

I think it will be PS3. I don't really see it coming out on the 360, but who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Dragon Quest and make it on the DS or PSP.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Its an internet thing...

Basically, I'm agreeing with what he said.[/quote]

Oh, I see. Yes. I wish they would pay more attention to what the Japanese gaming enthusiast press thinks before picking up a title for release here, but then again, maybe they have to choose titles before they're even finished in Japan. (That's probably a bad idea, I'd think, unless it's a surefire hit like Persona 4.)

The US matters little as far as Persona goes. P3 was the highest selling Atlus USA game not called Trauma Center, and it sold a third of what it did in Japan. So the 360 is unlikely. Either PS3 or Wii.

[quote name='botticus']The US matters little as far as Persona goes. P3 was the highest selling Atlus USA game not called Trauma Center, and it sold a third of what it did in Japan. So the 360 is unlikely. Either PS3 or Wii.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure how much this matters. The PS3 is hard and expensive to develop for and other RPGs are hitting the 360. I think the PS3 is still more likely......but I dont think the 360 should be discounted yet. Maybe this will be Atluses first major multi console release(highly doubt it).

For those that are interested, the Art Book is no longer in stock. I had forgotten to order it! :(

[quote name='Slermy']For those that are interested, the Art Book is no longer in stock. I had forgotten to order it! :([/QUOTE]

I am assuming you are referring to the art book that was $30 not the art book that comes with pre orders. If so I bet it will come back in stock but either way I am glad I ordered mine. Someone said that its the same as a book released in Japan in which case there will always be more flooding the market.

[quote name='MSI Magus']So heres a question for you guys. What system do you think Persona 5 will be on? Will they stick with the Playstation brand but do the obvious and move to the PS3? Will they show some major balls and keep the series on the PS2? Or maybe break trend and hit the 360?

Personally I think its a 50/50 toss up between PS3 and PS2. Hoping for PS2.[/quote]

Would be interesting to see a dual PS2/PS3 release -- 2 disks, 1 case. Let folks play it on the Playstation system of their choice.

It's not like these games require the PS3 horsepower to run, but I'd still rather play it on the PS3, even if the graphics were the same as a PS2.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I am assuming you are referring to the art book that was $30 not the art book that comes with pre orders. If so I bet it will come back in stock but either way I am glad I ordered mine. Someone said that its the same as a book released in Japan in which case there will always be more flooding the market.[/quote]

Yeah, that was what I was talking about. That's good to hear though, I will definitely keep an eye out.

The artbook is back up for preorder on Amazon. I just placed my order now to make sure I don't forget again.

Now, it's OOS again...two hours after (maybe earlier) I placed my order. Amazon now says for the item "We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." Hopefully, Amazon can still fulfill my preorder.

[quote name='Slermy']Yeah, that was what I was talking about. That's good to hear though, I will definitely keep an eye out.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Social Link or an actual Art book? There is a calendar for Social Link but not an art book.

[quote name='superdry']Now, it's OOS again...two hours after (maybe earlier) I placed my order. Amazon now says for the item "We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." Hopefully, Amazon can still fulfill my preorder.[/quote]

dang it, I was on the fence about buying it but I did want it

oh well I probably shouldn't be spending $30 on that anyways

[quote name='Maromi']Dunno if this has been mentioned, but I figured I'd let anyone know who was curious. I got my copy in today of the FES bundle from Amazon (soundtrack and art book), and it is, indeed, the same box that came with original version of Persona 3. Only thing that's different is FES is in there and not P3.[/QUOTE]
Same exact artbook and soundtrack? No FES extra? Hmm not sure if it's worth keeping it then.

[quote name='superdry']The artbook is back up for preorder on Amazon. I just placed my order now to make sure I don't forget again.[/quote]

thanks for clarifying.
icon_smile.gif

Just to check & make sure - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C6GVI6 :

The Persona 4 two-disc set includes the game and its Shoji Meguro composed soundtrack. Pre-order while supplies last and get a deluxe, limited-edition art book featuring acclaimed "Persona 4" artist Shigenori Soejima. The extras will come packaged inside the box with your game. Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.ca to be eligible.

Just for Canadians or what? Sent an email to Amazon like 2 days ago & finally got an answer, but it seems like the person didn't know what she was talking about. & I ordered 2 copies so hopefully I'm getting 2 artbooks with my order.

Pretty sure that's just a typo. Atlus' own emails were pretty clear that if you preorder from Amazon, you will get an artbook.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.ca to be eligible.[/quote]
That's just bad copy and pasting from the Amazon.ca description. The description at the very top of the page says Amazon.com, so there's nothing to worry about.

The Persona 3 FES bundle edition comes in a modified Persona 3 box. The backside is different. The backside of the box is about Persona 4 and signing up for the Atlus Faithful email newsletter. Not 100% identical to the original Persona 3 packaging. Yay or nay depending on your POV.

[quote name='NotMSRP']The Persona 3 FES bundle edition comes in a modified Persona 3 box. The backside is different. The backside of the box is about Persona 4 and signing up for the Atlus Faithful email newsletter. Not 100% identical to the original Persona 3 packaging. Yay or nay depending on your POV.[/quote]What exactly do you mean by box? The slipcase?

My package had the Persona 4 and Faithful bit on a seperate paper, not printed on the slipcase itself.

Quite similar to the ads that Amazon throws in with their packaging (Omaha Steaks, Bose Headphones).

The outer box that houses the PS2 FES DVD case and the artbook. I guess it may be called a slipcase.

I haven't tear the shrinkwrap off the box yet. It doesn't look like a paper attached to the box but may be it is. May find out if I decide to tear the wrapper off. But from inspecting it from every angle it looks like its a part of the actual cardboard slipcase box.

My package came with plenty of free floating non-gaming ad papers.

[quote name='NotMSRP']The Persona 3 FES bundle edition comes in a modified Persona 3 box. The backside is different. The backside of the box is about Persona 4 and signing up for the Atlus Faithful email newsletter. Not 100% identical to the original Persona 3 packaging. Yay or nay depending on your POV.[/QUOTE]

It's just a leaflet. It's the same box.

[quote name='NotMSRP']The outer box that houses the PS2 FES DVD case and the artbook. I guess it may be called a slipcase.

I haven't tear the shrinkwrap off the box yet. It doesn't look like a paper attached to the box but may be it is. May find out if I decide to tear the wrapper off. But from inspecting it from every angle it looks like its a part of the actual cardboard slipcase box.

My package came with plenty of free floating non-gaming ad papers.[/quote]
I see now, so it's still sealed in Amazon's plastic. I can assure you it's only a paper, not part of the actual box.

I got my FES bundle today. Oddly enough, my artbook is bound upside down. When looking at the cover rightside up, the pages are upside down... Whoops!

[quote name='newlu']The P4 Official Design Works artbook looks really good to me:[/quote]
Great pics, I wonder how much content is repeated from the free book that comes with the game though.

haha, wow. My whole strategy for making a few bucks more reselling FES (after playing it, not reselling for profit, but I'm sure someone will misread and bitch about this post anyway) was to put it in a Persona 3 box with the CD and artbook. Crafty Atlus! :lol:

[quote name='MSI Magus']Anyone know if the art book is paper or hardback cover?[/QUOTE]
I'd say the pre-order bonus is 90% likely to be paperback, since it hasn't been mentioned otherwise.

[quote name='pete5883']I'd say the pre-order bonus is 90% likely to be paperback, since it hasn't been mentioned otherwise.[/QUOTE]

O I am sure the pre order is paper back. I am talking about the 191 page $30 art book.

[quote name='onikage']Worthy off-topic post though, I tried it out about a year ago and wasn't aware that there might be an English version in the works.[/quote]

not in the works, in closed beta

I'm playing it right now

[quote name='MSI Magus']O I am sure the pre order is paper back. I am talking about the 191 page $30 art book.[/quote]I would actually say they are both hardcover.

1. The P3 was hard cover, so why not P4?
  2. Looking here at the left side where the binding is, you can see it's indented slightly from top to bottom, which tells me the pre-order art book is hard cover.
  3. Looking here you can see the side (binding area) of the book is flat (hardcover), opposed to curved (softcover), so it's likely to be hardcover also.

[quote name='donburns99']I would actually say they are both hardcover.

1. The P3 was hard cover, so why not P4?
  2. Looking here at the left side where the binding is, you can see it's indented slightly from top to bottom, which tells me the pre-order art book is hard cover.
  3. Looking here you can see the side (binding area) of the book is flat (hardcover), opposed to curved (softcover), so it's likely to be hardcover also.
[/quote]

I believe those are stock images and not fully representative of what would be shipped. In other words, those aren't the real books, they're the covers placed on a graphic that resembles a book. But hey, I hope I'm wrong.

[quote name='GuardianE']I believe those are stock images and not fully representative of what would be shipped. In other words, those aren't the real books, they're the covers placed on a graphic that resembles a book. But hey, I hope I'm wrong.[/quote]Okay then... well here you go. Satisfied now? ;)

It would also be silly to go out of your way to draw something with the impression that it is hardcover, as it takes more work to do.

The little softcover artbook that game with Eternal Poison was really awesome. Totally made me want the fancy $30 P4 art book. I have a pre-order for it, and I'm waffling on whether to keep it. I don't have the money, but I'm sure I'd love it and keep it forever.

I just finished a game, and right now I'm trying to decide if I have time to start and finish another game (Eternal Poison? something on 360?) before our P4 pre-orders arrive. I figure we've got about a week (if you're getting it shipped two-day) before they're delivered.

bread's done
Back