Persona 4 - $36.99 on Amazon now! (was $34.99)

[quote name='willardhaven']I considered the design works, but why pay extra money for another art book (in addition to the free one)?[/quote]

Because the JPN artbook looks better & comes with way more content compared to the preorder artbook which will most likely be:

- less than 100 & more than 50 pages.
- paperback (after Eternal Poison, I don't doubt it being a paperback instead of hard-cover)
- Probably not even the same. Just a rumor I've heard but it might ot might not, just have to wait until UPS delivers next friday.

Got a slightly noobish question... I bought P3 on BF through amazon and have really been enjoying it, so I went to atlus-usa.com to look at their site, and...well it's quite interesting. What's up with that? I'm assuming it was a fan-site that went awry in some way.

[quote name='eastshore4']Got a slightly noobish question... I bought P3 on BF through amazon and have really been enjoying it, so I went to atlus-usa.com to look at their site, and...well it's quite interesting. What's up with that? I'm assuming it was a fan-site that went awry in some way.[/quote]You're looking for http://atlus.com/

You also assume correct, that site is not owned by Atlus.

Haven't received shipping confirmation yet, but I can confirm that Amazon DOES ship before release dates. Well, I mean, some of you folks already have received notification, but to put further emphasis on this, I pre-ordered Valkyria Chronicles about two weeks before release date and Amazon sent it out the Thursday before it was released... Though I didn't receive it until a whole week later! Sucks to live in Hawaii when it comes to waiting for shipments to arrive.

I'm not expecting my copy of P4 to arrive until before Christmas. :(

Well I'm getting P3 as an Xmas gift so I decided to take the plunge and pre-order this game after reading the stellar reviews on it. I hope I get the pre-order goodes as well because I'm intrigued by the whole thing. Hopefully this game will draw me further into the RPG genre.

I have 2nd day shipping, should be here Dec. 12th. Though it could be here a day earlier, has been happening with most of my Amazon shipments & I remember GTA 4 even came to me the day before release.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Because the JPN artbook looks better & comes with way more content compared to the preorder artbook which will most likely be:

- less than 100 & more than 50 pages.
- paperback (after Eternal Poison, I don't doubt it being a paperback instead of hard-cover)
- Probably not even the same. Just a rumor I've heard but it might ot might not, just have to wait until UPS delivers next friday.[/quote]

Actually, per Atlus, the artbook is a "100-page, 7”x10” full-color art book." No word on hard/paperback, but I imagine the latter.

[quote name='thelonepig']Actually, per Atlus, the artbook is a "100-page, 7”x10” full-color art book." No word on hard/paperback, but I imagine the latter.[/QUOTE]

That sounds nice. I wish the Eternal Poison artbook was like that... I mean, it was nice but I wish was it more like full sized artbook rather than a half sized one.

EDT* My copy shipped today too... a lot earlier than I expected it to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see some artbooks are already on ebay. :lol: some people on gfaqs have been saying you can pick up your artbook at eb/gs now if you pre ordered.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']I see some artbooks are already on ebay. :lol: some people on gfaqs have been saying you can pick up your artbook at eb/gs now if you pre ordered.[/quote]Well I'll be damned, it does appear to be a softcover.

[quote name='zewone']Wait. Just the preorder artbook, right?

The Design Works is hard cover, correct?[/quote]I now believe that both are soft covered.

So is it worth owning Persona 3 FES still if I only played like 15 hours of that game?

I'm thinking it's an either/or situation, not a own both situation.

[quote name='donburns99']I now believe that both are soft covered.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, I'll be canceling my design works preorder.

A. I'm hoping I'll play more of this one?

B. I'm burning up $40 in flip credit?

C. I'm a sucker for the art style?

D. All of the above?

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']I see some artbooks are already on ebay. :lol: some people on gfaqs have been saying you can pick up your artbook at eb/gs now if you pre ordered.[/quote]

[quote name='donburns99']Well I'll be damned, it does appear to be a softcover.[/quote]

I picked up my art book today at GameStop(the only copy of the art book they got in, I might add) and it is a nicely-sized soft cover book. I only looked at the first several pages(to avoid spoilers) and, so far, it's really well done. The quality of the printing is excellent. Well worth reserving P4 ahead of time.

It's crazy to think that if the 9's and 10's keep coming in, Persona 4 could become one of the top-rated games of all time--a game that's not even on a next-gen system. Its 96.4% average on gamerankings would be good enough for ~6th highest rated game ever, according to gamerankings.

Pretty incredible. I hope it gets the sales it deserves.

[quote name='Maromi']It's crazy to think that if the 9's and 10's keep coming in, Persona 4 could become one of the top-rated games of all time--a game that's not even on a next-gen system. Its 96.4% average on gamerankings would be good enough for ~6th highest rated game ever, according to gamerankings.

Pretty incredible. I hope it gets the sales it deserves.[/QUOTE]

It is incredible and if it got the sales it deserves then its crazy to think what it could mean for the industry. I doubt that will happen but if a company puts out a game on the PS2 and it sold half a million or a million copies or something like that it might make some companies take a second look at the PS2.

It's also the third all-time highest rated game on the PS2 according to Metacritic with a 96/100, tied with Resident Evil 4 and MGS2. Only GTA3 and Tony Hawk 3 rated higher with a 97/100. Very good company to have.

After talking to many people on this forum, I'm very happy that I pre-ordered this title now. It's starting to sound and shape up (according to the endless positive reviews) to be a very high quality title.

Jesus christ, I preordered it as soon as it was available for preorder, I have Prime, and it hasn't shipped yet. Bastages. Est delivery date is the 12th, as long as I get it by then I don't really give a hoot. I'm in the middle of Persona 2: EP anyway.

[quote name='Moxio']If you only played 15 hours of P3 then why do you want P4?[/quote]

I've played 0 hours of Persona 3, and I want Persona 4. I preordered mine over a month ago at Gamestop, and I'm very much looking forward to it. I ordered from a very large store, so hopefully they have an artbook for me. Otherwise, I'll be very upset.

[quote name='Rave Child']I preordered mine over a month ago at Gamestop, and I'm very much looking forward to it. I ordered from a very large store, so hopefully they have an artbook for me. Otherwise, I'll be very upset.[/quote]The store receives 1 art book for each pre-order that specific store receives. That's why they won't allow you to pick up pre-orders in any other store but the one you pre-ordered from. You'll get yours, as long as you go claim it. Better sooner than later though - I've heard cases (in the past) of some ignorant employees just handing pre-order extras out to anyone who asks. So if you were to have a problem, that'd be where.

[quote name='Maromi']It's crazy to think that if the 9's and 10's keep coming in, Persona 4 could become one of the top-rated games of all time--a game that's not even on a next-gen system. Its 96.4% average on gamerankings would be good enough for ~6th highest rated game ever, according to gamerankings.

Pretty incredible. I hope it gets the sales it deserves.[/QUOTE]

It only has 10 reviews... it'll go down somewhere closer to 90% after some more reviews come in I bet.

And I wonder how this game will sell. It's receiving the same hype as Persona 3 but it's coming out during a time when there's a ton of other big name games and on a system that's on it's last legs.

[quote name='Rave Child']I've played 0 hours of Persona 3, and I want Persona 4. I preordered mine over a month ago at Gamestop, and I'm very much looking forward to it. I ordered from a very large store, so hopefully they have an artbook for me. Otherwise, I'll be very upset.[/quote]

Ew, Gamestop.

Pretty incredible. I hope it gets the sales it deserves.[/quote]

It really IS incredible. I hope the 10s and high 9s continue coming in. It's actually pretty hilarious to think about. One of the highest-rated PS2 games! If it had sales on-par with the extremely high reviews (which I doubt it will, sadly), it really would change the industry. This could be some kind of weird revolution.

This should really be happening on PS3. It's unfortunate that potential is ignored. I'm just happy to finally be getting a great console RPG. It's been a while.

I think P4 is proof positive that Japan is not lagging behind in game development at all, and it's also proof that if they want to appeal to a Western audience, they don't have to jump through specific hoops. P4 was definitely not designed with a western audience in mind.

[quote name='Vinny']It only has 10 reviews... it'll go down somewhere closer to 90% after some more reviews come in I bet.[/quote]

Maybe, but the buzz sure has been positive so far. I don't remember P3 getting nearly this much attention.

[quote name='Vinny']...it's coming out during a time when there's a ton of other big name games and on a system that's on it's last legs.[/quote]

Well, truthfully, most everything that was going to come out has released already. December is pretty much ripe for the taking (everything else was rushed to ship before black friday). And as for the PS2 being on its last legs, it is, but that can't hurt anything. A hell of a lot more folks have PS2s than have PS3s.

This could really end up being the perfect storm of sorts. Even if not, it's still going to be pretty damn successful.

[quote name='donburns99']The store receives 1 art book for each pre-order that specific store receives. That's why they won't allow you to pick up pre-orders in any other store but the one you pre-ordered from. You'll get yours, as long as you go claim it. Better sooner than later though - I've heard cases (in the past) of some ignorant employees just handing pre-order extras out to anyone who asks. So if you were to have a problem, that'd be where.[/quote]

I'll be there first thing on Tuesday to check, even though they probably won't have the game in yet. It's like 5 mins from work though at opens at 9:00, so I can stop in before I head to work and it's no big deal.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Ew, Gamestop.
[/quote]

Well I had the credit, so I may as well spend it ;)

Yeah, I'm sure it'll go down after Gamespot's and other outlets' reviews, but it's still looking like it'll score way higher than Persona 3.

And if you haven't played P3, that shouldn't deter you from getting this. It's like Persona 3, but tweaked and expanded, with a completely different story; it requires no foreknowledge.

[quote name='Rave Child']I'll be there first thing on Tuesday to check, even though they probably won't have the game in yet. It's like 5 mins from work though at opens at 9:00, so I can stop in before I head to work and it's no big deal.[/quote]A few chains received their art books early, a lot were already available for pick-up today. You should call yours and ask. You won't get the game of course, but you may be able to snag the art book now.

[quote name='Rave Child']Well I had the credit, so I may as well spend it ;)[/quote]

Ah ha! So I caught you trading games into Gamestop! :) Honestly, have you ever considered just selling them on Half.com? I know it's kind of a pain, but it cuts out the greedy middle man. I've had great experience doing this.

Though these days I mostly keep my games rather than selling them, and I can't even remember the last time I bought a used game. (Odin Sphere, I think, because it was out of print. And then those effers went and reprinted it as Greatest Hits! Grr!)

I'm super excited to be on the P4 train with you folks. I can't wait til we get our copies.

[quote name='donburns99']A few chains received their art books early, a lot were already available for pick-up today. You should call yours and ask. You won't get the game of course, but you may be able to snag the art book now.[/quote]

So I've heard. I just gave them a call and they said they didn't have the artbooks yet, but he guaranteed me (whatever that means) they'd have it in the store on Tuesday.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']
I think P4 is proof positive that Japan is not lagging behind in game development at all, and it's also proof that if they want to appeal to a Western audience, they don't have to jump through specific hoops. P4 was definitely not designed with a western audience in mind.[/quote]

DRINKING GAME! Every time I use a "," in this post, take a drink. Zero to drunk in no-time flat.;)

Actually, Japan is seriously lagging behind. Companies like Atlus, Capcom, and to a less extent, Square-Enix, are just some of the exceptions. For every Atlus, there are ten companies that make "behind the curve" games.

For example, D3 Publisher's Earth Defense Force 2017 may have been a kick ass game I've played front to back three times, but it's simple(Series?) gameplay and graphics could have been done on any last-gen system almost exactly as it was done on the Xbox 360.

The most remembered game of the Wii's lifecycle isn't going to be something excellent like Galaxy, Twilight Princess, MP3: Corruption or Brawl, but Wii Sports, a simple, bare bones, multi-sport game with motion controls. No career mode, no online play, no fancy graphics, no long-term redeeming qualities of any kind. It's behind the curve. But, because Nintendo marketed it to an audience that couldn't tell the difference it became a massive success and made Nintendo the unlikely leader this generation.

I love Japan's game companies, but I wish they would pay attention to what other countries are doing with game develepment.

So, whos drunk yet?:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='BlueSwim']
For example, D3 Publisher's Earth Defense Force 2017 may have been a kick ass game I've played front to back three times, but it's simple(Series?) gameplay and graphics could have been done on any last-gen system almost exactly as it was done on the Xbox 360.

The most remembered game of the Wii's lifecycle isn't going to be something excellent like Galaxy, Twilight Princess, MP3: Corruption or Brawl, but Wii Sports, a simple, bare bones, multi-sport game with motion controls.
I love Japan's game companies, but I wish they would pay attention to what other countries are doing with game develepment.
[/QUOTE]

EDF was on the last-gen...or is that the joke? As for the most remembered game of Wii's lifecycle, that's yet to be determined. But saying that Wii Sports isn't excellent just because it is simple and bare bones is a little wacky, too.
It isn't my bag, but if games are fun it seems a little unfair to knock them for lacking options they don't need. It is also kind of funny that you end with that, when American companies (or at least non-Japanese companies) are churning out just as much bare-bones stuff as Japan. The Imagine series from Ubisoft started last year and must be well over 20 titles by now.

[quote name='SDC']EDF was on the last-gen...or is that the joke? As for the most remembered game of Wii's lifecycle, that's yet to be determined. But saying that Wii Sports isn't excellent just because it is simple and bare bones is a little wacky, too.
It isn't my bag, but if games are fun it seems a little unfair to knock them for lacking options they don't need. It is also kind of funny that you end with that, when American companies (or at least non-Japanese companies) are churning out just as much bare-bones stuff as Japan. The Imagine series from Ubisoft started last year and must be well over 20 titles by now.[/quote]

1. EDF2017(the game I mentioned) IS an Xbox 360 game.

2. I didn't say Wii Sports wasn't a fun game, but it is behind the curve of other games on the Wii. It's also the only Wii game my non-gamer grandparents could name if I asked them.:lol:

3. When I said that about other countries, I meant games like GTAIV, Halo, any of Bioware's games. Stuff like that. I sure as hell don't take the Imagine series seriously!:lol:

But this is the Persona 4 thread so I'll continue the issue on my C-Blog instead.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Ah ha! So I caught you trading games into Gamestop! :) Honestly, have you ever considered just selling them on Half.com? I know it's kind of a pain, but it cuts out the greedy middle man. I've had great experience doing this.[/quote]

I believe he has credit because he's been flipping. ;) Half.com doesn't work for that.

I got 2 copies of the preorder artbooks in my hands right now and they are VERY nice and VERY good quality.
You guys won't be disappointed!

And I was also told that each store only received extremely limited quantities (1-3 per store), my store received 3 but they "might" get more next week but he wasn't sure.

I'd recommend picking up your artbook ASAP, don't wait til the 9th.

[quote name='newlu']I got 2 copies of the preorder artbooks in my hands right now and they are VERY nice and VERY good quality.
You guys won't be disappointed!

And I was also told that each store only received extremely limited quantities (1-3 per store), my store received 3 but they "might" get more next week but he wasn't sure.

I'd recommend picking up your artbook ASAP, don't wait til the 9th.[/quote]
They only receive as many art books as there are pre-orders, so if only you and another person pre-ordered the game, then 3 art books would be normal if you ordered 2 copies.

[quote name='donburns99']They only receive as many art books as there are pre-orders, so if only you and another person pre-ordered the game, then 3 art books would be normal if you ordered 2 copies.[/quote]

I'm not really sure if they are really limited or what but BlueSwim also mentioned his store only got 1 copy in.

I'm not trying to hype it up or anything, just a heads up for fellow CAGs. :)

[quote name='newlu']I'm not really sure if they are really limited or what but BlueSwim also mentioned his store only got 1 copy in.

I'm not trying to hype it up or anything, just a heads up for fellow CAGs. :)[/quote]Understandable.

I wouldn't be surprised if BlueSwim was the only one who pre-ordered at that store.

I remember when Chocobo's Dungeon came out for the Wii, I was the only pre-order across 3 stores in my area.

Outside of an employee giving the book to someone who didn't pre-order, there is little to worry about.

[quote name='donburns99']Understandable.

I wouldn't be surprised if BlueSwim was the only one who pre-ordered at that store.

I remember when Chocobo's Dungeon came out for the Wii, I was the only pre-order across 3 stores in my area.

Outside of an employee giving the book to someone who didn't pre-order, there is little to worry about.[/quote]

I did pre-order the game at that GS and he always hooks me up with an extra. ;)

[quote name='newlu']I did pre-order the game at that GS and he always hooks me up with an extra. ;)[/quote]
I feel bad for the person that gets screwed. xD

[quote name='donburns99']I feel bad for the person that gets screwed. xD[/quote]

Yeah, seriously. If I were that guy, I'd have openly complained, asked for the DM's number, and cancelled my pre-order right there.

They did say that they might get some more in later, but I got the only one that they had gotten in so far. I had only reserved it about a week ago, if that. I wouldn't wait if you're afraid of missing out. GameStop has screwed me out of reserve bonuses before. I'll try to remember to ask how many preorders they took on P4 when I pick it up.:cool:

bread's done
Back