Persona 4 PS2 $23.15 @Amazon

I rather just get it from warehousedeals for $2 cheaper since it'll include the cover, manual, and soundtrack for sure, but I still rather not pay over $15 for this game.

Not a terrible price for a new one if you're really looking for it new, but if you going to play it anyways, not sure it's worth the extra $2.

This is an excellent deal, don't mind Squarehead's rambling. Eligible for free shipping for Prime members or if you add a filler item for $1.85!

Also, for those wondering whether it's worth visiting the past generation, order the damn game! It's one of the best PS2 games, period.

[quote name='KingofGames']This is an excellent deal, don't mind Squarehead's rambling. Eligible for free shipping for Prime members or if you add a filler item for $1.85![/QUOTE]

I do tend to ramble a lot.

I'm currently playing through Person 3 on the PSP should I buy this game after I beat the third one? Persona 3 Portable is also the 1st game I've played in the series so I'm sort of a noob to the story.

[quote name='isofan1']I'm currently playing through Person 3 on the PSP should I buy this game after I beat the third one? Persona 3 Portable is also the 1st game I've played in the series so I'm sort of a noob to the story.[/QUOTE]

Whether you've played Persona 3 or not, you should most definitely pick this game up.

[quote name='isofan1']I'm currently playing through Person 3 on the PSP should I buy this game after I beat the third one? Persona 3 Portable is also the 1st game I've played in the series so I'm sort of a noob to the story.[/QUOTE]

They're separate stories. You wouldn't have been lost if you played 4 before 3.

Both are wonderful games.

Almost bit, but I think I can find it cheaper. I probably wouldn't even play it anyway (since it's new). Seems like a good game though. I think like Square said, $15 or so would get me to buy it.

Hey look, it's one of the best JRPGs ever made at a decently low price.

What's the hold up?

And yes, the game plays perfectly on a software emulation-able PS3.

Person 3 made me feel like I had to answer everything the way the game wanted me to be but I felt like I could be my own character in persona 4. But then again, maybe I just decided to not play that way anymore. It is interesting to me that you can make decisions like that in the game.

I can't say enough about Persona 4 -- an absolutely amazing, tightly scripted game with one of the best battle engines you'll find in a JRPG.

Those who bicker about playing "old-gen" games clearly have very little idea about the JRPG genre this generation. Anyone with a clue about JRPGs will readily admit that this generation's crop has been substantially sub-par. With the exception of may be Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia (which in earnest is good only because everything else has been rather ho-hum), the heavyweight franchises just haven't really delivered (and please don't bring up FF13 again -- yes, that game was a visual marvel, but in terms of story-telling, it lives among the worst Final Fantasy games ever, and yes, I've played them all).

The PS2 still, IMHO, remains a dreamland of JRPG goodness (and sadly, I'm beginning to doubt this generation will see anything close to it -- though I have my fingers crossed for Atlus' Catherine, and -- though it'll probably suck after the monstrosity that was Ar Tonelico 2 -- I have some hope for Ar Tonelico 3). Thus far, though, there has yet to be anything this generation for JPRGs that come even close to matching P4's greatness.

Seriously, it is about as close to a next-gen game on an old-gen system as you can get. Gameplay and story-wise, it exceeds anything JRPG on either the PS3 or the 360.

This game was worth it at $30, and it's most certainly worth it at this price.

I would not hesitate buying this game at any price, and last gen still looks good. I got introduced to the series with P3 FES and never looked back. P3 was bad ass and this game is just as good if not better.

IOW don't walk....RUN ! :bouncy:

[quote name='romeogbs19']I can't say enough about Persona 4 -- an absolutely amazing, tightly scripted game with one of the best battle engines you'll find in a JRPG.

Those who bicker about playing "old-gen" games clearly have very little idea about the JRPG genre this generation. Anyone with a clue about JRPGs will readily admit that this generation's crop has been substantially sub-par. With the exception of may be Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia (which in earnest is good only because everything else has been rather ho-hum), the heavyweight franchises just haven't really delivered (and please don't bring up FF13 again -- yes, that game was a visual marvel, but in terms of story-telling, it lives among the worst Final Fantasy games ever, and yes, I've played them all).

The PS2 still, IMHO, remains a dreamland of JRPG goodness (and sadly, I'm beginning to doubt this generation will see anything close to it -- though I have my fingers crossed for Atlus' Catherine, and -- though it'll probably suck after the monstrosity that was Ar Tonelico 2 -- I have some hope for Ar Tonelico 3). Thus far, though, there has yet to be anything this generation for JPRGs that come even close to matching P4's greatness.

Seriously, it is about as close to a next-gen game on an old-gen system as you can get. Gameplay and story-wise, it exceeds anything JRPG on either the PS3 or the 360.

This game was worth it at $30, and it's most certainly worth it at this price.[/QUOTE]

Hey there, nicely said. =)

I hope Persona 5 is in the works and keeps the game play and story as elaborate as Persona 4. Can't wait for Catherine.

Thanks for posting this, DanteWarrior. I already own a copy of Persona 4, but I will be buying this for my cousin for her birthday.

[quote name='chunlirocks']I stopped at P2. Once they dummied down everything for the noobs, i lost interest.

word.[/QUOTE]then don't play persona 1 cause that shit is 1 button press to win every time >_>

bread's done
Back