Persona pushed back to 25th?

Yeah, my EB said they would have it in today but when I checked they said it'd be in on Friday. Oh well, I have plenty of games to pass the time while I wait.

[quote name='Usuyami']Yeah, my EB said they would have it in today but when I checked they said it'd be in on Friday. Oh well, I have plenty of games to pass the time while I wait.[/quote]

So do I, I just want to OWN it. Yeah I know, I'm that type of gamer (buying them all and playing them one by one).

If you're in Toronto, Game Center (Yonge & Bloor) has it for $30, and Game Shack (Yonge & Dundas) has it for $35. Both had four or five copies this afternoon.

*sniffle* Yeah, everyone says it was pushed till Friday. Oh well... It's just going on my shelf, so I kinda hope my EB doesn't get it till Monday so I can get it when I pick up GTA next week and save me a 2 bus tickets or gas =)

[quote name='ChaosKnight']*sniffle* Yeah, everyone says it was pushed till Friday. Oh well... It's just going on my shelf, so I kinda hope my EB doesn't get it till Monday so I can get it when I pick up GTA next week and save me a 2 bus tickets or gas =)[/quote]

Why not just wait till Monday to pick it up then? :)

[quote name='elevature']If you're in Toronto, Game Center (Yonge & Bloor) has it for $30, and Game Shack (Yonge & Dundas) has it for $35. Both had four or five copies this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I picked up mine from Game Center yesterday and they seemed to have loads. Great price for the game too.

I just got the game myself (though I'm in the US) so at least here it hasn't been pushed back. I can sell it for $34 shipped to Canada. Let me know if anyone is interested ^_^

[quote name='Usuyami']Why not just wait till Monday to pick it up then? :)[/quote]

Well, my EB Games only holds games for two days... so if it comes in on Friday, I'll have to pick it up by Sunday. Oh well, though.

[quote name='goomba478']I just got the game myself (though I'm in the US) so at least here it hasn't been pushed back. I can sell it for $34 shipped to Canada. Let me know if anyone is interested ^_^[/quote]

That's a pretty good price. $29.99 * 1.13 = $33.89 in Ontario. Oh well, I already preordered mine at EB.

It wasn't pushed back, it's just the usual EB nonsense. They just didn't get their shipment when they hoped to, so they're just telling everybody to come back in few days. This happens all the time to me. I never pre-order big name games (WTF is the point when it'll be on the shelf?), and the stuff I order always comes in 2-3 days after the release date.

Yep I just picked it up at another store, I'm tired of EB spouting this garbage I'm never pre-ordering anything from them with this erratic shipping bullcrap.

[quote name='ragnar14']I never pre-order big name games [/QUOTE]

Even though its currently riding a fairly large wave of popularity, Persona hasn't exactly been a "big name game". In the town I live in, EB was the *only* retailer who carried Persona 3.

Atlus games in general aren't usually carried by retailers other than EB. Its only recently that we've started seeing Atlus games at retailers other than EB, and I've been buying Atlus games since the PS1 days.

And if you think Atlus games are rare, narrow it down even further to Shin Megami Tensei games (of which Persona is one) I own ever Shin Megami Tensei game released in North America, all of which were bought upon release except for Revelations: The Demon Slayer. Heck I'd be surprised if most gamers can even name the Shin Megami Tensei games that we've gotten over here! I say that mainly to show just how hard they are to come across, and how far they truly are from being "big name games".

Until I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can pickup a copy of any future SMT games at any retailer than I wander into (Persona 4 is the next one we'll get over here), I'll continue to pre-order from EB.

You missed the point. I wasn't saying P3FES is big, I was saying this is common with games that aren't big. A big title they'll have shipped a week in advance and hold it till the street date.

[quote name='JGonspy']Has that been given a release date over here?[/quote]

It comes out in the Summer in Japan. So hopefully we'll see it next Christmas or so.

[quote name='ragnar14']You missed the point. I wasn't saying P3FES is big, I was saying this is common with games that aren't big. A big title they'll have shipped a week in advance and hold it till the street date.[/QUOTE]

My apologies.

The Kanata EB I think had one extra yesterday...I don't know if it's still there.
Atlus got away with just having an english cover too.

I checked EB again today, there was one copy at the top of the shelf behind the counter. It was covered up for some reason.

The EB in Queen North (South Etobicoke) has a bunch on their back counter, a good dozen. So pick it up if you need it.

I picked up a copy off the shelf yesterday (I didn't preorder due to laziness and brokeness). They only had one gutted shelf copy left at the Queensborough after I got mine, they got 6 total.

I haven't opened up any PS2 games I've bought in quite a while. When did they change over to these Amaray PS2 cases? It seems kinda cheap...

I still haven't gotten a call from my EB telling me the game is in and when I went to check their store, they were close. Ah well, there's always tomorrow, afterall, it's fully paid for.

Hmm, paid for doesn't assure anything. It's EB. I've had them screw me over before (haven't we all?), I'm not going to post a horror story for you though. But with a iffy release date and no call it's best to just get over there asap before they have a chance to botch everything.

Yeah, I know that. However since I'm going past there tomorrow anyway so if it's there, I'll just drop in and hopefully pick it up, or raise hell, whichever one is more fun.

bread's done
Back