Personal Trainer: Walking (DS) Walmart online $14.96

donssword

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Personal-Trainer-Walking-DS-Nintendo-DS-Dsi/10965235

http://personaltrainerwalking.com/

I just snagged 2 of these with free ship-to-store at $14.96 each. When I went in to pick it up, they had 12 units on the shelf @ full list price of $49 and some change.

Each DS card can track up to 4 pedometers, and individual pedometers cost $14.95 before shipping direct from Nintendo, so these are a pretty good deal at 2 carts, and 4 pedometers for the cost of less than 1 unit at full retail.

I believe, though I am not certain that you can run 1 pedometer with multiple carts.

in before the "why can't you just walk outside?" douchebags.

I think you have to sync the pedometer with the cart so you can't do multiple carts.

[quote name='donssword']I believe, though I am not certain that you can run 1 pedometer with multiple carts.[/QUOTE]

No, a pedometer will only sync w/ a single cart. Up to four pedometers can sync per cart. I have mine in my pocket right now, my wife has the other.

The cart stores your full history, goals, etc. When you sync, it dumps all the pedometers data over, double checks that the date/time is accurate, and uploads the walking goal you have set.

The pedometer can store a week of complete data (minute to minute data). If you go longer than that w/o syncing, it starts compressing older data down to just your total steps for the day. It can store a month of that.

I enjoy it simply because I can glance at the flashing LED and see if it's red (not met goal for the day) or green (did meet.) Love it.

[quote name='Blade']3DS also has a built-in web browser. ;)[/QUOTE]

And Netflix! They must be foaming at the mouth with rage w/ the 3DS!

Seriously, though, every thread about Nintendo's Personal Trainer turns into a crazy whine fest.

I remember reading an Amazon review about this long ago. Someone had the good idea to put one of their dog to see how much activity it had on an average day while the owner was away at work. Sadly they reported that it barely moved at all the entire day. I'd be sad if I found that out about my dog, so I decided to skip buying it.

IIRC it even has a dog setting to accomodate for the shorter legspan.

bread's done
Back