PES 2011 (PS3 only now) - $29.99 @ Amazon

how is PES compared to FIFA 11? you either love/hate one another right? wondering if I should pick this up even though I already have FIFA 11.. i love soccer, just sucks PES has no licenses

I actually am liking PES far more this year. Once you have added a bunch of edit files you'll have probably every club you're interested in, regardless of license.

I was a PES guy back in the PS2 era, went to FIFA with 09, and have been there since. This year, PES just feels far more 'right' and organic like it used to.

I'm honestly wishing I had just picked up PES at full price instead of waiting for it to drop.

[quote name='shoplifter']I actually am liking PES far more this year. Once you have added a bunch of edit files you'll have probably every club you're interested in, regardless of license.

I was a PES guy back in the PS2 era, went to FIFA with 09, and have been there since. This year, PES just feels far more 'right' and organic like it used to.

I'm honestly wishing I had just picked up PES at full price instead of waiting for it to drop.[/QUOTE]

What edit files are you talking about?

[quote name='p12odigy']how is PES compared to FIFA 11? you either love/hate one another right? wondering if I should pick this up even though I already have FIFA 11.. i love soccer, just sucks PES has no licenses[/QUOTE]

I've played Pro Evo (Winning Eleven) since PsONE but IMO PES 2010 was a let down. For me, FIFA 10 was way better than PES2010 but this PES2011 owns FIFA 11.
Believe me PES 2011 is a huge improvement for the series. I think that if Konami keeps following this path, PES 2012 will beat easily FIFA 12.

A note for the newcomers, this game is difficult to mastered compared to previous versions (very realistic passing system, shooting and gameplay), to avoid frustration I recommend to start on "easy" or "normal" mode. Precision is the key.
Konami revamped the series with PES 2011.

[quote name='p12odigy']What edit files are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Check out:

http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=316

Here's the catch - you'll need to copy over each and every file. Once you're done though, you'll have a ton of clubs with real kits, etc. You can also use the chant mp3s that folks have compiled for FIFA and add them to PES.

bread's done
Back