Pet peeves throughout your CAGing experiences...

Samus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Dying to get rant about annoying shit that happens while you're buying/selling or participating in general cheapass endeavors?

Here are mine:

1. On craigslist, I constantly get people WHO TYPE IN ALL CAPS. I don't get it. Do you think it makes it easier to read? It doesn't. It's annoying.

2. When I'm at a yard sale and ask if they're selling video games, then I'm given some kind of stupid look as if video games are childish or something.

3. When people advertise incredibly common games as "RARE".

[quote name='Samus']Dying to get rant about annoying shit that happens while you're buying/selling or participating in general cheapass endeavors?

Here are mine:

1. On craigslist, I constantly get people WHO TYPE IN ALL CAPS. I don't get it. Do you think it makes it easier to read? It doesn't. It's annoying.

2. When I'm at a yard sale and ask if they're selling video games, then I'm given some kind of stupid look as if video games are childish or something.

3. When people advertise incredibly common games as "RARE".[/QUOTE]
1. No, but it's easier than fussing with that gorram shift key.

2. Better hope you never ask one of them if they have any Animal Crossing games.

3. A game's advertised rarity increases proportionally to how badly one wishes to sell said game.

On Half.com, people who list used items in the new section, and cart-only games in the Like-new section.

Also, if you check the current Like New offerings for The World Ends With You, you'll find descriptors that read "almost never been played", and "ships at the speed of light". Those both deserve face-palms.

The same person screwed w/ me twice on craigslist.

Got there and he wasn't there. He apologized and we made a new time. The bastard did it again!

[quote name='batman1939']Finding a great deal just to click on to a "sold out" link :-({|=[/quote]

that and seeing MANY a clearance game being listed and cannot find it for the life of me. Southern Cali is a bad place to get clearance items but oddly enough a good place to be to find rare, *actual* rare games.

Other than those just those who flake on buying from you on CL. Happens to me ALOT.

1. Mentioning a specific store/location where I found a clearance game that I figure someone else might wanna pick up and having hoarders/lurkers clean out all of the remaining copies without so much as a THANK YOU(happened on Baten Kaitos on GC).

People that bitch about a game's price until it's $5 or less.

If someone really wants a game and'd enjoy it a lot, don't wait til it hits a price that may very well never happen and cheat yourself.

[quote name='Aleryn']People that bitch about a game's price until it's $5 or less.

If someone really wants a game and'd enjoy it a lot, don't wait til it hits a price that may very well never happen and cheat yourself.[/quote]

HEY NOW!! Considering all of the shittastic games that have been released with glitches galore in them nowadays, many of them are only worth $5-10. :razz:

1) When websites screw up deals. I remember when Amazon had HSG OOB for PS3 for $19.99 as a lightning deal it kept telling people they'd claimed it already when there wasn't anything in the cart. Had to follow a link posted here that basically forced a copy into your cart to get it.

2) People that advertise games as opened and tested once. You played it and didn't like it. If you really opened a sealed game just to test it before selling it you are a dumb motherfuck.

3) Advertising PS2 games as "RARE BLACK LABEL VERSION" when the game didn't get a greatest hits version.

bread's done
Back