Petition the Force Unleashed Sith Edition

xhonzi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
As you all know, LucasArts is releasing two expansions to the Force Unleashed. One will be DLC available to all current owners of the Force Unleashed. The other will be made part of a full priced repackage (The so-called Sith Edition) of the Force Unleashed and all other content. The press release has indicated that the 2nd expansion will not be available as DLC, but only by purchasing this new version.
Even if you are not a fan or owner of the Force Unleashed, but are a fan of JUSTICE, you should sign this petition.
http://www.petitiononline.com/swis1166/petition.html
I am not the petition creator, but I was thinking about starting one when I found this one.
I suggest that disgruntled gamers not only promise to not buy either the DLC or the Sith Edition, but to give the game a 1-star rating on Amazon.com and other sales sites to express our supreme disgust at being treated this way by LucasArts.

I think this is a central issue to cheapies like us, and so I hope many of you would sign the petition as a matter of principle even if you're not a fan of this game. If you don't speak up now, the next time this happens it might be on a game you care about.

Thanks!

I agree that the "intensity" of our discontent is measured with $$ lost in sales, but I think the "meaning" can be lost if it is not specified in something like a petition. LucasArts could interpret low sales of the DLC and Sith Edition as "disinterest" in the addons or the game itself as opposed to a principled protest.

Vote with your wallet and don't buy the game.

After that Wii Indiana Jones game, I'd sign a petition to stop Lucasarts from ever making games again.

A: I'll refrain from buying it, no problem. Mainly because the game sucks.

B: Yeah... Lucas is going to stop doing bullshit double (or triple, or quadruple, or hell, who knows how many) dip rereleases ANY day now... Right...

As long as dumbfuck star wars fans keeping buying it, he's going to keep doing it.

How about we petition he get off his lazy, fat ass and release the movies on BR. The last three were SHOT on HD cameras, for fucks sake...

[quote name='xhonzi']I agree that the "intensity" of our discontent is measured with $$ lost in sales, but I think the "meaning" can be lost if it is not specified in something like a petition. LucasArts could interpret low sales of the DLC and Sith Edition as "disinterest" in the addons or the game itself as opposed to a principled protest.[/QUOTE]

Few companies pay attention to online petitions.

The nerds (in their view) who sign them are a tiny portion of their market for something main stream like Star Wars.

Petitions have more of a chance with stuff that's in more of a niche market where the company can't afford losing many sales period.

A few thousand people signing an online petition is peanuts compared to all the kids and star wars fans who gooble up anything star wars related.

[quote name='Puffa469']Vote with your wallet and don't buy the game.

After that Wii Indiana Jones game, I'd sign a petition to stop Lucasarts from ever making games again.[/QUOTE]

Sadly they did. Everything they release now are outsourced from other studio. Lucas Art actually made good games.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Justice? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

No, you have to put it in all caps like this JUSTICE!

Exclamation points are also good.

I meant to say earlier that the petition site does NOT require any kind of registration to sign. I know I've gone to sign online petitions before and decided not to because they wanted me to create an account.
Not so on this site.
Thanks!

The game is a year old and Lucasarts clearly wants to get through another Xmas with this title on the shelf. In order for this year old game to compete with the flood of new titles, it probably needs a little more so they are adding some new stuff to try and extend the games shelf life.

I don't understand why people get so pissed when things are added to old titles.

Honesly, I shouldn't have bought this game in the first place. As soon as the devs were finish, they all got fired... how dirty was that?! Now they're still doing things dirty... this DLC should have been on the damn disc in the first place.

Noble effort. I'm annoyed, too.

Honestly, we're probably wrapped up in the 'idea' of how cool this could be. I mean, we all remember the game, right? It played like a large turd rolling in honey.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Noble effort. I'm annoyed, too.

Honestly, we're probably wrapped up in the 'idea' of how cool this could be. I mean, we all remember the game, right? It played like a large turd rolling in honey.[/QUOTE]

it wasnt that bad it just wasnt anywhere near as good as they hyped it up to be. still wating for that magical star wars game where lightsbers can do like theyre supposed to be able to like cutting down doors and cutting through damn near anything. star wars bounty hunter is the only game to date in the star wars realm that imo really let you feel like the character.

It's not that they're re-releasing the game with all of the additional content. It's that they're purposefully only releasing some of it as DLC to entice people who already own the game and the up-til-now released DLC to buy the whole thing over again just to get that last nonDLC piece. They could just as easily release it as DLC AND release this collected edition and make everyone happy. But they're trying to get their fans to buy everything again just to get the final piece.

It would be like they released the first 5 Star Wars movies on DVD, but then to get the sixth, you could only get it in a six pack. So, if you had bought the first five, you'd have to buy them all over again to get the sixth. I'm not against Game of the Year editions, or Gold Editions, or Ultimate Editions, but make the DLC DLC.

Do you really believe it won't eventually come out as DLC, they just say that to convince people to buy the full game again. Three months down the road when the sith edition is selling as cheap used copies everywhere they'll change their mind about releasing it as DLC.

This is money we're talking about, and if there's one thing they want it's more of it.

bread's done
Back