PGR4 for $20 @ Radio Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

atchisonk

CAGiversary!
I saw this in a Radio Shack sales paper at my mom's this morning. I checked their website and it is listed for $40 and the weekly ad link expires 3/1. My mom said she got the paper this morning (3/1), so I'm thinking this sale starts on Sunday 3/2. Sorry I don't have a sales paper to scan, but I figured I'd give everyone a heads up, it might be worth checking on tomorrow.

My local RS didn't have any of the ads with the PGR4 deal. The guy said they should have the ad in store within a day or two. They had a big stack of the last ad only.

Like I said: If I were to find it, I'd pull the trigger.

Sure enough, bang. I needed a nice little race game to give me a break from sports and shooters.

RS in Portage, IN has it. Not particularly sure how many left, though.

If it's not in stock, they'll make an attempt to either ship it from another store to their store or try and order it directly from their warehouse.

None left at my local RS and I have the ad that came in the mail. Gonna swing by Wal-Mart for a PM and see what happens.

Thanks to the OP! I picked one up in Ankeny, Iowa. I think there were still a couple left as well.

Apparently this sale is for a while (March 15). I'll take my time to pick up PGR4 and Gran Turismo 4. If they restock online, I might do that instead, assuming shipping doesn't kill the deal.

And the ad is online, so might as well just print it out.

I just picked one up for $20 at my local Radioshack for my friend since I bought mine last week at Target. An amazing game that I regret not playing earlier!

Nice find OP! I've never played any of the PGR games, but I may indeed try this one out. Glad the sale is ongoing so I dont have to rush out today.

Are we sure that all Radioshacks carry video games? I called them yesterday in my never-ending search for a Wii and they said that they don't carry Wiis. I just assumed that meant they don't carry video games.

Anyway, if my local RS has this, I'll go pick it up.. Thanks TC.

BTW, here's their weekly ad:
http://radioshack.shoplocal.com/rad...pretailerid=-99871&siteid=235&storeID=2406026

The PGR deal is on page 15. Also, I saw that they are selling Shadow of Colossus for 14.99 even though I bought it last night as Gamestop, used, for $17...

EDIT: OMG, I just pick up my SoC case to see what kind of condition the game is and there was no game. I guess the lady forgot to put it in there, essentially selling me a very expensive, used, case....

If you go to the deal online, you can check stocks at local stores, so if you're not sure if your local RS carries games, check that.

I just got back from a PM at Best Buy using a printout of the web page (and of the page showing all local stores "in stock", although the guy didn't look at it and didn't call any stores). Absolutely painless, got $11+tax back (since I had bought last week with a PM to Target for $29.99).

So out the door, final price, was $18.99+tax. Not bad at all. Thanks, OP, I would have NEVER seen this! (and didn't get a RS circular in my paper)

Well, as a former RS employee (Holiday 07), RS doesn't get a whole lot of Wiis to begin with.

Secondly, just because they say they don't carry Wiis doesn't mean they don't carry video games. Odds are they meant to say that they didn't have any at the time.

All four RS stores around my area do carry video games, but I'd always call to make sure.

Just got mine. Sale goes until the 15th. The first radio shack only carried 3 xbox 360 games. The second one had it and had plenty in stock. SO thanks again op!

Do all raidoshack carry the same ads? I mean the radioshack from my area dont have videogames but the one 30miles away has it in stock..I just want to goto the one in my area & pick up the ad & got next door to Sears to price match...So are all ads universal?

Glad to see everyone racking up on this deal! I bought mine on release date...so I paid the full price of admission. I've been grateful of you all for supplying my gaming habit with deals left and right for the past year. I guess you could call this a token of my gratitude. :D Enjoy!

[quote name='vidGuy']Gamestop/EB Games Trade In Value
Project Gotham Racing 4 - $16 - 1/14/08 (from the wiki)[/quote]
That's great. Not for the HORDE.

Great find atchisonk! Was waiting on this to hit 20 before I got it and it's so much better than PGR3. You made my weekend.:) Got it with a painless PM to BB.

[quote name='Decker']I got one also. Just FYI : They will not allow any returns on this game. It must be a clearance item.[/QUOTE]

Their system shows it as a discontinued item.

I liked it better than PGR3. The weather actually makes a difference, and there's nothing like hitting a motorcycle from the rear doing 200+mph in a Ferrari :applause::lol:

I liked it better than PGR3. The weather actually makes a difference, and there's nothing like hitting a motorcycle from the rear doing 200+mph in a Ferrari :applause::lol:

I just picked up a copy at a Radio Shack. It was the second one I called. What you should do is go to the Radio Shack website and use the store locater to gather a bunch of numbers and call all RS's in you area until you find it in stock.

Huge Thanks to the CAG community and the OP :)

damn lol, I just came from there too and didn't know about this but will go tomorrow for it hehe

Thanks OP

My local RS is selling PS2 games for $49.99 so, all beware, this PGR4 was a great deal If I had not gotten it for $10 at a pawn shop brand new!!

[quote name='CardSHARK4Life']the item is in the circular

here is a scanned reprint of there online circular, sorry for the lo-res can only capture what they actually post, maybe later today if i receive the ad in the mail, i will scan and post that.

2303478793_4e7cb4bf91_b.jpg
[/quote]

NICE!! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: Im definitely gonna be jumping all over that deal and pick it up later tomorrow

According the their website my local RS was supposed to have some in stock. I stopped in and they were out. But while the sales guy was checking the price and the stock of near-by Radio Shacks for me I grabbed a copy of the sales paper. After that I just stopped by Circuit City since I knew they had a stack of them and had them price match it.

does wal-mart price match? cause the nearest BB is 30 miles away and the 2 RS here don't sell games

PMed at BB and got an additional 10% due to the PM I did last week to the Target ad.

Also picked up another copy to trade.

Deal of the week! From Radio Shack how surprising

PMed at BB and got an additional 10% due to the PM I did last week to the Target ad.

Also picked up another copy to trade.

Deal of the week! From Radio Shack how surprising

[quote name='john0834']dont buy pgr4, forza 2 is much better. You can go on amazon and buy the forza 2/marvel ultimate alliance double pack for 20 bucks
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...4988868-7817534?ie=UTF8&qid=1204510365&sr=8-2[/quote]

They are two different Racing games. One is a Sim and PGR4 is an arcade racer. Just because you drive doesn't mean you need to compare them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back