Phantasy Star II

IkilledLassic

CAGiversary!
Just picked it up again, complete with the Hint Book and Map....Cant wait to play it.

One question: Does anyone remember how to save Nei from dying against Neifirst? I remember reading somewhere (perhaps it was an April fools in EGM or something along those lines) that there was a cheat where you could save NEI, either by cloning or some other means, and allow her to continue the journey.

Can't be done. It was an EGM April fool's joke, if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Although I think you can use the moon dew in that fight and she'll be revived to help in the rest of the battle with Nei First, but nothing beyond that.

No you can save Nei. I remember the last dungeon in the game has a whole lot of equipment that only Nei can use. IE The programers were giving a hint that you can save her. (That should be in the guide at least). I think Nei is killed before you start the battle against Neifirst. Then you use some item (that should be in the guide) to bring her back to life. Sorry about the lack of details, but I am 100 % sure you can bring her back. Good Luck!

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']here is a site with all kinds of wacky info on Phantasy Star 2 -

http://www.efkm.com/dezoris/pse_ps2.html[/quote]

I've never played PS games (besides PSO) but this stuff still interests me :D

Is there something like this for Square games? (like chrono trigger / cross)

I know there is for FF7, and that was interesting to me, too.

So I guess you can recucitate Nei, but she wont make it anyway because of the Neifirst death....

[quote name='gweenpea']No you can save Nei. I remember the last dungeon in the game has a whole lot of equipment that only Nei can use. IE The programers were giving a hint that you can save her. (That should be in the guide at least). I think Nei is killed before you start the battle against Neifirst. Then you use some item (that should be in the guide) to bring her back to life. Sorry about the lack of details, but I am 100 % sure you can bring her back. Good Luck![/quote]

Checked the hint book, didnt see any weapons that were designated NEI weapons after her death. Maybe you can elaborate.

Thanks for all the help guys, and if you haven't played PSII, I highly recommend it.

EGM has acutally had some decent April Fools jokes from time to time. That recent Zelda one was mean but it actually got me (I usually totally forget about April Fools every year it comes around).

Phantasy Star ][ is awesome. Within the first five minutes you'll be exposed to no less than four sickter pieces of awesome midi tunes. That game has one of my favorite soundtracks ever.

Make sure you get the thief, Shir (I think thats her). She steals you a VidPhone (save anywhere) if you take her to a spaceport. KEY piece of gear to reducing the time that your a$$ gets smoted.

Man, I remember paying $80 for that when it came out... to scale that's prob, what, $110-120 now?? Whoo!

Here is a link that claims you can keep Nei alive if you just use Moondew on her, after she is killed by Neifirst. I believe the rest of the party has to finish off Neifirst after Nei dies, and you can resurrect Nei at that time. As I remember she is one of the best characters.

Here is the link. ..

http://www.geocities.com/trinixxofwestmarch/PS/PSRecom.htm

Let me know if you need more of a description. I played it a long time ago, but I can dig it back out and figure out how to do it. Good Luck ikilledlassic!

[quote name='gweenpea']

Here is the link. ..

http://www.geocities.com/trinixxofwestmarch/PS/PSRecom.htm

Let me know if you need more of a description. I played it a long time ago, but I can dig it back out and figure out how to do it. Good Luck ikilledlassic![/quote]

From the website:

2. There is a game-glitch that will enable you to retain Nei for the rest of the game. I know I'm begging the questions, but I used to have a link that described the latter procedure in detail, but the link is now dead. Thanks to all that mailed in telling me about these things, and feel free to mail me with the needed instructions.)

I have a ways to go before I get to Climitrol, so if you can access your saved games (readily available) that would be great. The website says that Moondew will resurrect her -- but, Ive also read on other sites that she would die anyway due to the death of Neifirst. Havent had much time to play recently. Cant wait to get back into it!! Thanks for all the help....

[quote name='coltyhuxx']EGM has acutally had some decent April Fools jokes from time to time. That recent Zelda one was mean but it actually got me (I usually totally forget about April Fools every year it comes around).

Phantasy Star ][ is awesome. Within the first five minutes you'll be exposed to no less than four sickter pieces of awesome midi tunes. That game has one of my favorite soundtracks ever.

Make sure you get the thief, Shir (I think thats her). She steals you a VidPhone (save anywhere) if you take her to a spaceport. KEY piece of gear to reducing the time that your a$$ gets smoted.

Man, I remember paying $80 for that when it came out... to scale that's prob, what, $110-120 now?? Whoo![/quote]

I still remember the Street Fighter II April Fools........They created a character Akuma, I believe, and some sort of elaborate scheme in order to play the character...Im sure that got people riled up.

bread's done
Back