Phantasy Star Online 2 announced

Boo and hiss... I want a console PSO with splitscreen multiplayer. My wife and I used to play Ep 1 & 2 on the Gamecube all the time. But if they dont do a subscription fee to play this one maybe I'll check it out.

Hmm, its says its for the PC...maybe it will go multi platform?

I know Phantasy Star Universe was multi-platform with linked servers. PC players and PS2 players could meet up and play together online. Now if we could get linked servers between PC, PS3, and Xbox360, that would be awesome. The technology is available to make it happen. lets hope Sega uses it and doesn't screw it up.

I have fond memories of PSO, playing on both Dreamcast and Gamecube.

I got super excited when I heard about this, but PSO to me is the epitomy of the "console RPG grindfest". I just can't imagine playing PSO in a desk chair and not on the couch. I don't even want to know how many hundreds of hours I've played of the original on my friend's dreamcast / xbox, and then on my gamecube. If it has split-screen co-op, then I may just have to figure out a way to get some controllers working on PC.

Here's hoping they don't screw it up like PSU.

In Japan, PSU has a cash shop and a sort-of F2P system where lapsed subscribers can still play with some restrictions. I wonder if PSO2 will go full free to play.

I think the lack of console version is due to system limitations, PSU couldn't handle it so I doubt PSO2 will either. Would be awesome if they could get split-screen on PC with 360 controllers.

Also really hoping it's F2P, but SEGA probably knows die hard fans are willing to shell out monthly so I expect the usual 10/mo system they've been using.

If it's F2P I will be there. I did enjoy the Demo on Dreamcast.

[quote name='Megazell']If it's F2P I will be there. I did enjoy the Demo on Dreamcast.[/QUOTE]

SEGA? F2P? I lol in your general direction.

[quote name='franz ferdinand']In Japan, PSU has a cash shop and a sort-of F2P system where lapsed subscribers can still play with some restrictions. I wonder if PSO2 will go full free to play.[/QUOTE]

TBH, PSO and PSU were the type of games that should have had a cash shop. I played both on and off for years, and I would usually cancel and renew my subscription when they had holidays or held online events. That was the only time it seemed Sega would update the servers or release new content, because otherwise you were paying a monthly fee for little server maintainence and no GM support. (I NEVER saw a GM in PSO, and PSU the only time I saw one was when another player I knew online became one and he told me about it. PSO I could never figure out how to contact a GM and PSU I had to log out of the game and send an EMAIL to Sega customer service to contact one. )

holy shit.. just saw this..

cant freakin wait.. im sure it will hit consoles.. but if not.. id prob still get it on pc

PSO on Dc/xbox/gc is pretty much my fav game ever!

bread's done
Back