Phantasy Star Online Ep 1&2 Plus (GC) $15 at Best Buy YMMV

Camre

CAGiversary!
My local Best Buy had a table of PC and console games with a 50% markdown. I picked up Phantasy Star as mentioned in the topic for 15 bucks. The other games were nothing to make note of. But seeing as how this was the first time I saw the Plus edition at a store here, I had to grab it.

thanks for checking Drahken.

i did some dialing this morning to 2 of my local BBs. PSOE1&2Plus is still in their system for 29.99. they also confirmed that there is no 50% off table. so it does somewhat look YMMV.

Funny thing though, it's no longer listed at www.bestbuy.com .....(maybe something is happening soon)

The store is about a half hour drive from here, but when I'm out again I will try to get a full list of what there was for 50% off. It was the Barboursville Mall store on I64 if anyone near me is interested.

Whenever I heard about PSO I think its too bad they didn't come out with PS ep1&2 blue burst for xbox stateside, in japan it was a PC game that had server-side characters, gamemasters, and content downloads to the hard drive. That sort of stuff really cuts down on the rampant duping and/or cheating in the current XBOX/GC pso games.

[quote name='Weedy649']yeah i been looking for this game cheap a long time. Hope something happens soon[/quote]

Hasn't it only been out a month or two?

[quote name='Ruined']Whenever I heard about PSO I think its too bad they didn't come out with PS ep1&2 blue burst for xbox stateside, in japan it was a PC game that had server-side characters, gamemasters, and content downloads to the hard drive. That sort of stuff really cuts down on the rampant duping and/or cheating in the current XBOX/GC pso games.[/quote]

The PC game is actually different from Plus. It's titled Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst, and it has several new areas in the game that I believe have recently been unlocked online (there is no offline mode available in that version). Supposedly those new areas are Episode 4. Too bad, because the chances of a US release look very slim right now (all of Sonic Team's recent PC versions of Puyo Pop Fever, Sonic Adventure DX, and the upcoming Sonic Heroes all have not/will not have a US release). :(
Maybe a EU version at least, I hope.

Anyhow, checked my BB last night, still $29.99. Drat, I need to get this game cheap. >_

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='Weedy649']yeah i been looking for this game cheap a long time. Hope something happens soon[/quote]

Hasn't it only been out a month or two?[/quote]

Very true but i ment PSO 1 and 2 cube period. The original still cost 40 used at my eb. Havent seen plus used at all.

non-plus is pretty rare to come by on a good deal. i was lucky to p/u a used one that was sold as new on ebay. it was shrink wrapped. when i saw that, without opening it, i knew no way can it be new. took off the shrink wrapping and drew breath across the readable side of the disc and fingerprints. the manual even had a little bend. but $36. still haven't checked to see if the online code works.

I have a copy of PSO v1&2 for GC that isn't -new-, but the online code isn't used. I'm going to see about picking up a copy of Plus, and this will be for offer if anyone wants it then.

FYI

At the Tacoma WA BB i saw PSO 3 Card Battle on a Table for 50% off. It had a little orange dot sticker on it and the original price was $49.99.

So with the discount it's $25. Not sure if u can combine it with the GGC.

bread's done
Back