Phantasy Star Online Ep: 1 & 2 Plus - Is this game rare?

Over easy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Is the game rare? I saw it today while looking around for penny guides at BB. Wasn't exactly sure because I never see the game nor heard it mention anywhere else.

Very hard to come buy nowadays. I looked around for months to get this game after my copy was stolen and I finally lucked out on Amazon awhile back.

Pick it up. It might be worth something donw the road.

Yeah its pretty rare just cause of its the way to softmod the gamecube somewhat. I'd be interested in it, I'm kicking myself that I never bought it used at my local store while it was in.

[quote name='Heyricochet']Yeah its pretty rare just cause of its the way to softmod the gamecube somewhat. I'd be interested in it, I'm kicking myself that I never bought it used at my local store while it was in.[/QUOTE]
they fixed that in the plus version. It is the non plus version that you can use to softmod. It might be even harder to find a sealed non plus version.

So Plus isn't rare? My friend got it at EB used for like $35, then sold it to me for $3 a few days later because he hated it and couldn't trade it back because of the online code, which doesn't make sense because it was used to begin with.

[quote name='Ultimatallica0']...couldn't trade it back because of the online code, which doesn't make sense because it was used to begin with.[/QUOTE]

You've got to love the retail industry. They make a living screwing consumers whether they're buying stuff or trading it in. Too bad the clerks there make so little money.

What are all the PSO games on the GC and how rare are they? I think I may be able to get some of these games really cheap.....

The Plus version is hard to find these days. It seems to go for plenty more than retail ($29.99) used now. The original version used to be considered "rare", but the release of Plus pretty much plummeted its price (it's cheaper than the Plus version on eBay now). Even though you can do more hack-y stuff with the original version, I think generally people care more about the actual game.

Edited to add: There's a PSO3, but that's easy to find.

[quote name='Vinny']Wait, so if you can't play it because of the online code.. then why are people paying for used copies?:whistle2:?[/QUOTE]
You can play it offline or request a new Hunter's License.

Yes, I do believe I can get the original for about $15 or less... I already have Plus (I just realized what a damn awesome deal that was, $3!), and as you said, I can get episode 3 for cheap easily online. I just want them to collect at this point, I'm unwittingly past the hump already :)

bread's done
Back