Phantasy Star Universe Players/Game Discussion

PittsburghAfterDark

CAGiversary!
After having a major PSO addiction in the DC days, but bored to death with the Game Cube EP 1&2 and oh that GAWD AWFUL PSO Episode III, the beta last weekend broke me down and I'm going to do PSU.

I'm wondering if I'm going to be one of the lone CAG's out there given that this game is full price at $59.99 and $10 a month. It's definitely NOT a CAG friendly title.

Then again, there were a bunch of people here that claimed to have Steel Battalion so maybe we look for value as opposed to price. For my money a game I can play for 200+ hours and not be bored with is a fantastic value.

So, who's giving this a couple of months?

I should be receiving my review copy from Sega in a couple days, and I plan to write a weekly feature about the game. So yeah, I'll be playing it for a long, long time.

I think i'll have to sit this one out. The Demo was extremely unpolished and it doesn't seem like they will fix any of the massive cheating that went on in I&II on the Xbox.

Anyone know if you can bring your offline characther online? or is the online and offline mode story totally different?. I plan on picking it up, but prob will only play offline for a month or two until xmas break then I will sign up for about 2 months, then if it keeps me interested sign back up in the spring through summer.

I can't see the Xbox cheating carrying over since there's no GameShark/CodeBreaker for the 360 and no mod community.

I just don't see cheating becoming a major issue on the 360.

The PS2/PC version seem ripe for the pickings, the PS2 especially. The PC version is using Gamerguard so there are some safeguards. Of any of the versions I would expect the PS2 to spawn the most evil in this game.

If I can't think of a third B2G1 title, at the Toys 'R' Us, I may get this... but there's no chance if fuck I'll be playing this online.

Rather be caught in the back of math class with my dick in my hand.

i can't seem to find this game anywhere. I went to best buy...they hadthe new Marvel game and told me they phantasy star in yet. Then I also tried walmart, circuit city, and target with no avail.

I'm in, but if the game sucks be prepared to see cats.

I'm just kiddin, put away the torches and pitch forks.

I played the beta and it said to me, "IM ON UR CONSOLE VALIDATIN TEH FACT THAT U HAVE TEH INTERNETS".:):)

EDIT: Sweet, this forum don't let you make double posts because of your incompetence!

[quote name='T234']I'm in, but if the game sucks be prepared to see cats.

I'm just kiddin, put away the torches and pitch forks.

I played the beta and it said to me, "IM ON UR CONSOLE VALIDATIN TEH FACT THAT U HAVE TEH INTERNETS".:):)

EDIT: Sweet, this forum don't let you make double posts because of your incompetence![/quote]

i don't understand what you're trying to get accross...but on another note, I called around to four more stores and none have it in.

[quote name='Dingleberry']i don't understand what you're trying to get accross...but on another note, I called around to four more stores and none have it in.[/quote] To understand the first line, see the recent Nickelsack or My Clinical Suckiness music threads in the OT Forum. Or the "Cat. Pic. Thread." in OT for that matter.

The second line pertains to me joking about the first line.

The third line pertains to me thinking the beta was awesome, and validated the fact that I have the internet.

The EDIT is self-explanatory.

[quote name='levi333']I'm want it, but Gamecrazy didnt get it in today. They were expecting it, but it didnt arrive... So sad.[/quote]
it was delayed, shipping snag or something, should be in by the weekend.. thats the story i'm being told. PS2 version was fine, 360 version just had a small delay

PS2 and PC version showed up today where I have it pre-ordered, 360 is supposed to be Thursday. Who knows why just one version got this delay but it sucks it's the one I wanted.

[quote name='keithp']Your Gamecube got the PS2 version? Why?[/QUOTE]

His Game Crazy got the PS2 version.

My copy from Gamestop.com shipped out this afternoon. It did a quick change from the 24th as the ship date to the 25th yesterday.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Excellent GA, I'll be happy to contribute to your writing or info on the game if you're interested in some help.[/quote]

I didn't want to reply to you until after I made the announcement of Sega Nerd's opening. But if you want to be a contributer to the site, PM me (thewivil) on our forums, and we can work something out.

[quote name='Brak']

Rather be caught in the back of math class with my dick in my hand.[/quote]Trust me, that's overrated. Especially when the teacher asks you to cum up and answer his stupid equation.

[quote name='levi333']Level 9 bitches! How's everyone else doing?[/quote]

is the first month free?

[quote name='tenzor']is the first month free?[/quote]

Nope, fourteen days is all you get.

I'm level 4...in single player. Couldn't log into the servers until midnight :)roll:), and now I have to go to bed. They need to fix that posthaste.

I played through chapter 1.

The core game is identical, but now you'll have to endure bad writing, bad acting, and the WORST theme song I think I've ever heard. Still, it's perfectly playable and it's the only way to get achievements.

Havent dont any story mode and dont plan to. Dont really care about the achievements.
I'm a level 19 RaCast right now, one more level and ill get my SUV gun!

im liking the single player so far... thats all ive done... its like tv episodes.. pretty cool...

and its 9.99 a month right.. maybe after i beat single player ill try that...

i know for a fact though that i wont keep playing this like i used to back in the days

Doesn't look like too many CAGs are playing PSU :(. Understandable considering the cost. This is the first time i've subscribed to play just one game, first "MMO" type.
If anyone wants to add me and do a few runs, let me know. I mostly play on Universe 3.

Level 21 RAcast looking for a partner who enjoys long runs through monster infested ancient ruins and the like...

Looks like this is becoming my own personal thread...
Today's update, I'm a level 25 Cast who just blew 10k trying to synthesize a 5 star rifle.

ANYBODY out there?

Ive put about 10 hours into single player so far. Just finished the chapter where you rescue the maiden, and I have Ethan at level 19. Nothing amazing, but hell, considering I played through Enchanted Arms, this game is comparatively a masterpiece.

Hey fellas, I finally got my copy of PSU in. Like I said before, I want to start a weekly feature for Sega Nerds about life in PSU, but I want to get regular group of people to play with.

If anyone wants to join me, please message me here or on XBL. My Gamertag is wivil.

Bought this yesterday and played for about 2 hours, got level 4. Combat seems much more fluid. Its kind of funny how it makes it like a TV show. And the upgrade system seems to be much more interesting than the previous versions.

[quote name='levi333']Doesn't look like too many CAGs are playing PSU :(. Understandable considering the cost. This is the first time i've subscribed to play just one game, first "MMO" type.
If anyone wants to add me and do a few runs, let me know. I mostly play on Universe 3.

Level 21 RAcast looking for a partner who enjoys long runs through monster infested ancient ruins and the like...[/quote]I'll be playing either tomorrow or Monday. I just rented it and now just waiting for it to come in the mail. I love the game but, I was like I'll just play it untill the Wii comes out then send it back for now. If it came out in the summer when not 100 games are coming out I would have bought it and been playing up till now. It's just really bad timing to put out a game with a monthly fee imo.

im finishing story mode then i will give online a shot for maybe a month..

im kinda dissapointed with the treatment the 360 version received.. graphics are ps2 all over..and slowdown wtf/..

After starting off a few hours on the online mode, then switching to the story mode, I found the story mode helped me understand some of the things that went on in the online mode that weren't properly explained.

I started off with a Beast Hunter, but now I switched to a Newman Force.

Do I need to be leveling grinding at all for this game?

I'm playing through Chapter 4 and haven't been grinding at all, just killing enough to get by. Just wondering if it'll come to haunt me in later levels.

Any other CAG playing this game? I have a question:

I'm playing the demo and really like it. If I get the real game is their any way to tranfer a couple items I aquired in the demo to my other character in the real game?

I m getting a 360 and have some interest in phantasy star, i have played it on gamecube and thought it was awesome. i want to play this online with my friends, it doesnt require a hard drive, but does it require a monthly fee??

[quote name='LilPaintballer']I m getting a 360 and have some interest in phantasy star, i have played it on gamecube and thought it was awesome. i want to play this online with my friends, it doesnt require a hard drive, but does it require a monthly fee??[/quote]

A monthly fee is required on top of what you are already paying for Live (but you don't have to have a Gold account to play online for this game).

Yep, it's $9.99 a month to play and you CAN'T use marketplace points. You must pay from a Debit/ Credit card. My brother made this mistake and had 1600 points he's still got hanging around.

I started playing a month ago and it's fun if you have friends to play with. Alot of kids and people just wanting to show off there super cool powerful cahracters like to play.

bread's done
Back