Philadelphia Pa

I went to the VGXpo last year and had a great time.I'm going back this year it was alot of fun freeplay arcade games everywhere;got alot of demos,t-shirts,and other freebies they had contest all day I went home with like $300.00 worth of games,memory cards and a flashdrive all from contest.

I just heard about the VGXpo and may go. Problem is that I will be opening my Play N Trade store around that time so don't know if I will have enough time to go. Would love to just make some contacts in the area though.

I been to TMG it should have been called Too Little Games its small next to VGXPO;its ashame they can't hold in a bigger convention center like Philly.

[quote name='thesimplicity']That is seriously one of the worst websites I have ever seen.

What panels do Too Many Games have? I didn't see any listed on their site.[/QUOTE]

The website isn't that great I will give you that. You don't go to Too Many Games for Panels. You go for the cheapest game deals around, the massive amounts of tournaments, and the import vendors. But in all seriousness, the deals are what makes it worth it.

Wow, just joined up with this site and I'm honestly not surprised to see this many cheap people from my area ;). If any of you are non-PS3/360/Wii owners like myself, you might be able to appreciate the Franklin Mills mall as much as I do. Both GameStop and GameStore (yeah, not a typo) have pretty rockin deal bins. The EB at the Gallery is alright as well. Don't bother coming down where I am near Columbus Commons, though, as you'll probably be disappointed...although the K-Mart on Oregon did still have a Playstation1 display up until recently. Retro!

woah hey guys. i'm in philly too. actually just moved here last month! i am in university city (three guesses as to why i'm here, hint, the timing of my move is an obvious clue :p )

definitely want to do black friday, and i'm going to take a look at the VGXPO site.

Currently living in University City. (though unlike the above poster, I'm done with my days as a student... wooo!)

I've been pretty lucky with the GS/EB stores in The Gallery, but the one on South Street is usually rather barren. The games they do have are generally in terrible condition.

I also discovered Got Game recently, also on South Street. I was happy to see that they sell older cartridge games, but the prices are rather ridiculous. Is there something else about them that makes them worth the praise they receive, or is that it?

yeah, being a student (again-- I'm a grad student now) is kicking my ass. don't even really have time to play games anymore but i keep buying the cheap ones anyway :)

Hey I am in Philly also. can't believe I didn't post in this thread soo much sooner. I am planning on going to VGXPO this year I went back in 2005 back at the Fort Washington Convention Center when it was attached to the CBS Home show. it was decent back then so I can only imagine what it is like now that it is in the convention center. hope to see you guys there.

just found this thread.. philly here too.. northeast to be exact

and i work in KoP so im there everyday.

didn't know about that vgexpo.. im gonna go for sure

Many thanks for the heads up on the VGXPO. It looks like it'll be a blast.

Re game stores in Philly's Gallery...try Game Trader which is on the lower level where EB/Gamestop used to be (a few stores down from Auntie Annie's pretzels). It's a mom and pop type store with good deals usually.

[quote name='Minxotic']Many thanks for the heads up on the VGXPO. It looks like it'll be a blast.

Re game stores in Philly's Gallery...try Game Trader which is on the lower level where EB/Gamestop used to be (a few stores down from Auntie Annie's pretzels). It's a mom and pop type store with good deals usually.[/quote]

I second this store. Usually they have an offer that if you resell them any game purchased from them within one month of purchase, you get like 50-70% back? It might stretch to a second month.

bread's done
Back