Phoenix Wright - 19.99 @ Toys R Us

habloc

CAGiversary!
I was exchanging one of the games from the Buy 2 get 1 Free sale in October when I saw a stack of Phoenix Wright games on the shelf. One of the games I've been meaning to pick up so woohoo. The shelf said 29.99, but it rang up as 19.99, $10 Credit for me.

So basically I was able to get:

Elite Beat Agents, Yoshi's Island, Phoenix Wright, $10 Credit: $60

No it was a mark down. Phoenix Wright rang up as 19.99. I was exchanging Touch Detectives at 29.99.

They just gave me a store credit of 10.00 to make up the difference. This is the first time I've seen Phoenix Wright on the shelf there. I've been going there once a week trying to find Contact but no luck with that.

[quote name='habloc']No it was a mark down. Phoenix Wright rang up as 19.99. I was exchanging Touch Detectives at 29.99.

They just gave me a store credit of 10.00 to make up the difference. This is the first time I've seen Phoenix Wright on the shelf there. I've been going there once a week trying to find Contact but no luck with that.[/quote]

Hmm... I might try this tomorrow then. I don't have a DS yet, but I want this game when I do get one.

This is a repost, we had this topic about last week. It should be $20 at all TRU, it's a matter if your TRU carries abunch or not because it seems like either the store got a shitload or none at all.

[quote name='bardockkun']This is a repost, we had this topic about last week. It should be $20 at all TRU, it's a matter if your TRU carries abunch or not because it seems like either the store got a shitload or none at all.[/quote]

Oops, did'nt know it was posted before. I did a quick search and did'nt see anything.

Anyway, good luck finding a copy. There were 2 copies left at Kingstowne Alexandria, Virginia.

I had been hearing about this price at TRU for a while now but my local store finally got some in, picked one up today.

kspiff

[quote name='habloc']Oops, did'nt know it was posted before. I did a quick search and did'nt see anything.

Anyway, good luck finding a copy. There were 2 copies left at Kingstowne Alexandria, Virginia.[/quote]
It's cool man, people definetly got to know about this deal though and especially the game itself.

Thanks so much OP, scored myself a copy. The guy who rang me up told me he paid $40 for it online a few months ago. He was pretty pissed :)

too bad this isn't online... guess i'll have to check the local TRU if I get a chance... this is a game i'd want if i ever got a DS and besides, the resale value has to be decent since it can be hard to find.

It's almost sure to be a reprint unless you somehow find an original.

What is the difference anyways? Are reprints (c) 2006?

kspiff

Everyone that has a TRU near needs to reallllllllllllllllllllly jump on this deal. Still my favorite DS game yet (although Mario Kart is up there) and the sequel is just as good, more of the same.

Last night, saw one copy in San Jose (Winchester store) misfiled of course. That DS section is a friggin' mess. I would have picked it up but I already have a sealed copy that I haven't played yet.

Damn, man, I paid almost 40 bucks for it less than a month ago. Damn it! When will I learn to be patient about this kind of thing? Anyway, Toledo still has quite a few of them.

[quote name='Iskander']Damn, man, I paid almost 40 bucks for it less than a month ago. Damn it! When will I learn to be patient about this kind of thing? Anyway, Toledo still has quite a few of them.[/quote]

Where the hell did you have to pay $40 on it? Even new ones on Ebay are going for less than 30 nowadays.

[quote name='Like A Breath']Where the hell did you have to pay $40 on it? Even new ones on Ebay are going for less than 30 nowadays.[/QUOTE]

nowadays VS almost a month ago
SO..........
Do you have a time machine?
If not, to be able to foresee the price almost a month later, you must be a fortune teller.
Tell me, is the stock XYZ going to up or down one month from now?

Seriously, things depreciate/appreciate all the time.

I know the one nearest me doesn't even carry it. But for that price I'll check the other 2 stores near work tomorrow.

the TRU in st. pete FL has them in stock. They should be 19.99 but didn't check the prcie. They had a full shelf of them.

Thanks OP!

I already have the game, but didn't realize the game was being released again. Whether or not this is leftover stock or a reprint, it's good news to anyone who has been searching for it.

At my particular TRU this week, we got a delivery of maybe 10-15 copies of the game. $19.99 as everyone has mentioned.

I can confirm that it's being re-released. I work at TRU and we just got a shipment of 6 copies of Phoenix Wright. Go to your local TRU to pick up this awesome game. If they don't have it in stock right now, they will within the next week or so.

Quick question:
Can you change the language to japanese in the us version? (The import version has english/japanese options.)

Sweet, looks like my TRU just got some copies in...I picked one up, and there's two copies left. This is at the Lynnwood, WA TRU if anyone's interested.

Woah Whats up JAMES!? This is Mike...you probably don't remember me....bleh, I won't explain here....but THANK YOU For that information....because I'm gonna be picking one up tomoorow (if it's there =(

(james if you don't remember me, my myspace here: www.myspace.com/mickey__d)

[quote name='ewhsdavism']Woah Whats up JAMES!? This is Mike...you probably don't remember me....bleh, I won't explain here....but THANK YOU For that information....because I'm gonna be picking one up tomoorow (if it's there =(

(james if you don't remember me, my myspace here: www.myspace.com/mickey__d)[/QUOTE]
Oh hey what's up...LoL. Did you manage to snag yourself a copy?

How'd you know it was me? Haha.

Buy this game. It's one of the many wonderful DS games that make the system shine. It's that good. I bought a bunch of these last TRU sale as gifts.

Just picked it up today, thanks for the heads up. However, to those cagers that call a TRU store and ask if they have any in stock be wary. I called and was told they don't have any. When I stopped by they had 2 copies in plain site. So if it's not too much out of your way, stop by the store. Because you never know if the store is run by people or monkeys. :dunce:

bread's done
Back