Phoenix Wright 3 on the way!!!

Well, the image says "DS-Phoenix Wright- Trials Tribu".

So my guess for the title would be: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations.

omg dat shit better come out THIS YEAR~!!!!!

or better yet, it should come out TOMORROW! (coz it's new game day)

[quote name='pygmy carnotaur']Well, the image says "DS-Phoenix Wright- Trials Tribu".

So my guess for the title would be: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations.[/QUOTE]
Trials & Tribulations?
Trials & Tribunals?
Trials & Tributes to the Judge? (Achieve a favorable verdict through the DS-exclusive bribery system!)
Trials with Tribbles?

[quote name='Cao Cao']Trials & Tribulations?
Trials & Tribunals?
Trials & Tributes to the Judge? (Achieve a favorable verdict through the DS-exclusive bribery system!)
Trials with Tribubbles?[/quote]FIXED :cool:

[quote name='musicnoteless']scorch your picture just got kotaku'd

but they gave the wrong credit! should've been CAG'd. =/[/QUOTE]
Judging by Scorch's comments in the GoNintendo article, I believe he posted it at Court Records before posting it on CAG.

I did post it on C-R.. a few minutes before CAG. But it's cool, it all links back to C-R.

For the record, I checked today.. I figured they would remove the entry, but nope, still there.

I also sent this info to Kotaku days ago right after I posted it on CAG.. guess they ignored the mail.

nice, a new PW. just got the first one courtesy of a CAG trade. it's addicting! can't wait to get through it and the 2nd one, and looking forward to more of these from capcom!

Cool. I'm stoked about this. I'll buy any PW game day one. I just hope it's better than 2. I was disappointed by that one.

Officially confirmed.

Pictures of the first case(Least spoilery one posted here):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/capcomlost/sets/72157600073845067/
Okay, youtube video is dead. It will probably be posted again in 30 minutes when the embargo is over.
458101353_0366c719e7.jpg

Trailer: http://gamevideos.com/video/id/10731

I love the Godot* teaser at the end of the trailer.

*Before anyone asks, it's pronounced "Go-doh," not "Go-daht." It's a French name, based off of a famous absurdist play by Samuel Beckett, "Waiting for Godot."

I'm fucking shocked myself. Capcom releasing *TWO* Phoenix Wrights in a single year in the US is awesome news. Makes me wonder when we will get the next DS version tho.. next year in Feb? Yikes.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I'm fucking shocked myself. Capcom releasing *TWO* Phoenix Wrights in a single year in the US is awesome news. Makes me wonder when we will get the next DS version tho.. next year in Feb? Yikes.[/quote]
If Capcom wants, they can probably pump GS4 out pretty fast. Though, localization probably takes most of developing time, Capcom doesn't have to worry about porting the GBA game and making it work with two screens. All there is to do is localization, and instead of 5 cases there are supposedly only 4 in GS4.

[quote name='Foolman']If Capcom wants, they can probably pump GS4 out pretty fast. Though, localization probably takes most of developing time, Capcom doesn't have to worry about porting the GBA game and making it work with two screens. All there is to do is localization, and instead of 5 cases there are supposedly only 4 in GS4.[/quote]

Yep, only four :cry:

Although, that does mean it would get localized quicker :D

[quote name='hootie']Yep, only four :cry:

Although, that does mean it would get localized quicker :D[/quote]yea but it won't last as long :cry:

From what i've heard, T&T is actually GS4.. looks like they're doin' it Final Fantasy style, fucking up the release order and all.

Oh, btw..

Told you so!

[quote name='Scorch']From what i've heard, T&T is actually GS4.. looks like they're doin' it Final Fantasy style, fucking up the release order and all.[/QUOTE]I dont think so.....

look at that official screenshot, that's a YOUNG Winston Payne

[quote name='Scorch']From what i've heard, T&T is actually GS4.. looks like they're doin' it Final Fantasy style, fucking up the release order and all.

Oh, btw..

Told you so![/quote]
It's not. I've played the first case before and it is definitely GS3.

[quote name='maigoyume']anyone else think mia's voice sounds a bit weird?[/quote]
Yeah it does. I can't remember if she had an Objection voice in the previous games(I think maybe she did like once or twice?) but I think they're trying to make it sound younger, since this game goes through past and present.

[quote name='Foolman']Yeah it does. I can't remember if she had an Objection voice in the previous games(I think maybe she did like once or twice?) but I think they're trying to make it sound younger, since this game goes through past and present.[/quote]i don't think they did, it would just put the "OBJECTION!" across the screen, didn't actually have a voice, i just wish they kept the original japanese "IGIARI!" or at least have a selectable objection :)

[quote name='maigoyume']anyone else think mia's voice sounds a bit weird?[/QUOTE]
It seems that they've given her a light English accent, or at least that's would I could tell from repeated viewings of the trailer.

Still, there are two other voices I'm interested in hearing...

I have a question about PW: JFA, I figured I would ask it here instead of starting my own thread. I'll see if anyone can answer...

I am currently playing PW: AA, and just finished the 4th case (
which is one of the best-written parts of any game I have ever played. It just kept "shocking" (haha) me over and over again!
) After I finish the 5th case, I have the Japanese version of Justice For All to play. I was wondering, though, if the Japanese and English versions are different in any way. I know the Japanese version has an English option, but I figured it might be messed up in some ways. Is it?

Thanks for any help, and I can't wait for Trials & Tribulations in September! Consider me a new PW fan! :D

I'm SO excited that they aren't skipping GS3. I was really worried that this was GS4. Thank you, Capcom, for fully supporting this niche series on both sides of the Pacific.

[quote name='redsox6391']I have a question about PW: JFA, I figured I would ask it here instead of starting my own thread. I'll see if anyone can answer...

I am currently playing PW: AA, and just finished the 4th case (
which is one of the best-written parts of any game I have ever played. It just kept "shocking" (haha) me over and over again!
) After I finish the 5th case, I have the Japanese version of Justice For All to play. I was wondering, though, if the Japanese and English versions are different in any way. I know the Japanese version has an English option, but I figured it might be messed up in some ways. Is it?[/quote]

I'd be curious to know that as well. I would think the localized version would have more refined humor and be more than a literal translation of the Japanese.

Enjoy that fifth case. It's the most involved and the best one on the cart (and the use of the DS features is really neat).

[quote name='Tybee']I'm SO excited that they aren't skipping GS3. I was really worried that this was GS4. Thank you, Capcom, for fully supporting this niche series on both sides of the Pacific.

I'd be curious to know that as well. I would think the localized version would have more refined humor and be more than a literal translation of the Japanese.

Enjoy that fifth case. It's the most involved and the best one on the cart (and the use of the DS features is really neat).[/quote]

The US version is an exact port of the Japanese "translated" version. The only difference is packaging and getting to hear Phoenix yell objection in Japanese (if you play in Japanese that is...).

[quote name='soccerstud652']The US version is an exact port of the Japanese "translated" version. The only difference is packaging and getting to hear Phoenix yell objection in Japanese (if you play in Japanese that is...).[/quote]

Alright, thank you.

[quote name='soccerstud652']The US version is an exact port of the Japanese "translated" version. The only difference is packaging and getting to hear Phoenix yell objection in Japanese (if you play in Japanese that is...).[/quote]you could also keep switching the languages back and forth, he yells "OBJECTION" and "IGIARI" :)

Another question: what are some good PC point and click adventures? PW makes me want to check out some more of the classic point and clickers.

[quote name='redsox6391']Another question: what are some good PC point and click adventures? PW makes me want to check out some more of the classic point and clickers.[/quote]

Definately Hotel Dusk. I have only played about 25 minutes into the game, but think of PW with the ability to move around on your own, wherever you want. The graphics are great for the DS. Additionally, it supports the rumble pack which adds a lot of fun as well.

[quote name='soccerstud652']Definately Hotel Dusk. I have only played about 25 minutes into the game, but think of PW with the ability to move around on your own, wherever you want. The graphics are great for the DS. Additionally, it supports the rumble pack which adds a lot of fun as well.[/quote]

I played Hotel Dusk before Phoenix Wright, and it is one of my favorite games of all time. :D

For the DS versions of PW 1 and 2, the english text is the same for the (J) and (U) versions-even any grammatical or spelling errors.

[quote name='redsox6391']Another question: what are some good PC point and click adventures? PW makes me want to check out some more of the classic point and clickers.[/quote]
Nearly everything from Lucasarts and Sierra in the early '90s was gold. I was a huge fan of the Space Quest and Monkey Island series, as well as Grim Fandango and Sam & Max.

I'm just finishing up Phoenix Wright 2 (justice for all), and I'm pretty disappointed. I really loved the first one but the second one seems like more of a drag. I bought the 2nd game right when it came out but I got stuck and The Pscyhe-Lock things don't add much more to the game, and the random guessing is rampant. I get so frustrated when I know why somebody's guilty, but I have to choose from 1 of 4 pieces of evidence that all show that they're guilty.

Also, no Ema Skye :(

[quote name='NewSc2']I'm just finishing up Phoenix Wright 2 (justice for all), and I'm pretty disappointed. I really loved the first one but the second one seems like more of a drag. I bought the 2nd game right when it came out but I got stuck and The Pscyhe-Lock things don't add much more to the game, and the random guessing is rampant. I get so frustrated when I know why somebody's guilty, but I have to choose from 1 of 4 pieces of evidence that all show that they're guilty.

Also, no Ema Skye :([/quote]
Ya, I agree on this. I was hooked on PW 1 (it made my legs numb many times...). However, after I got PW2, I still haven;t gotten past case 2 yet because I just don't see the need. I have heard nothing but good things about 3, there are a lot of shockers and loose ends tied up.

[quote name='Doomed']For the DS versions of PW 1 and 2, the english text is the same for the (J) and (U) versions-even any grammatical or spelling errors.[/quote]i can vouche for it, i have both :) japanese and english versions

I honestly believe that nobody proofread PW2's script. There's a string of typos in the third case that made me angry enough to shut off the system.

I hope with all my heart that somebody proofreads PW3's script with more than a cursory glance.

[quote name='soccerstud652']Ya, I agree on this. I was hooked on PW 1 (it made my legs numb many times...). However, after I got PW2, I still haven;t gotten past case 2 yet because I just don't see the need. I have heard nothing but good things about 3, there are a lot of shockers and loose ends tied up.[/quote] If it gives you any more inspiration, case 4 of PW2 is better than every case in PW1(story wise). It is pretty much on the same quality (twists) as case 5, but without all the case 5 DS functionality.

Oh. Gyakuten Saiban 4 has set a new record for total sales of first print versions(ie, GS1 and GS1 DS are separated) for the GS series. It sold 250k so far and it released on the 12th.

good on GS4 selling so well, i personally thought the last case in GS2 dragged on WAAAAAAAY too long, last case of GS1 was much better :)

Guess I'll post this here too, just in case anyone is interested in a short Japanese GBA GS3 demo.

If you're also interested in trying out GS3, Capcom still has the demo of the GBA version, which ends at around the same point as the GS4 demo (After the first cross-examination).
http://www3.capcom.co.jp/saiban3/play03_1/gya3menu.html
There's no English script available for the GS3 demo. However, there is a summary of the entire first case (along with the other four cases) in Aryuze RV's GS3 FAQ over at GameFAQs. Be warned there are A LOT of spoilers in that FAQ. Here's a quick walkthrough of what to do in this demo, with no story details:
1. When the three options come up, choose the middle option.
2. When the evidence screen comes up, click on the R button to switch to the profiles screen, then present the profile of the red-haired girl (Dahlia).
3. While Cross-examining the suspect, press the last statement (Fourth statement?), then Present the photograph to the newly-added statement.
4. The prosecutor will talk a bit, show a bottle and a photograph, then the screen will go black and Dahlia will talk to you. This is pretty much where the demo ends.

there is also a fan translation (an exceptional one at that) for the first case of the gba version, heres the link to it

http://comebackcourt.sourceforge.net/

Edit: looks like the project leader took it down :cry: it was well worth looking at, well if anyone still wants it i have it on my comp, just add me on msn or pm me for it

[quote name='maigoyume']there is also a fan translation (an exceptional one at that) for the first case of the gba version, heres the link to it

http://comebackcourt.sourceforge.net/

Edit: looks like the project leader took it down :cry: it was well worth looking at, well if anyone still wants it i have it on my comp, just add me on msn or pm me for it[/QUOTE]
Eh, I'd rather play Capcom's web site demo. It's in Japanese and only covers the first few minutes of Case 1 (Up to the first Cross-examination), so there's little chance of plot spoilers.

bread's done
Back