Phoenix Wright: AA Wiiware, anyway to speed up text??

rocky435

CAGiversary!
The title is what my question is. Plus i know that there is a good number of cags who play these games.

I lovin the game but is there is anyway to figure out how to speed the text up in the game????? It would help to play it quicker but not in a i need to beat this game right way. I just want to play it without having to see the paragraph take it's sweet time typing itself out.

It's no big deal if there isn't way to speed it up. I just heard the ds versions have this feature. I thought maybe capcom would add that for the gba/wiiware port.

I haven't played the WiiWare ones, but the DS ones weren't that great for text speed. I really loved the games (have them all), but the only "flaw" I saw was that you had to go through the same loops of texts --sometimes quite lengthy-- if you did the wrong thing (or even hit the wrong button) multiple times. For example, presenting the wrong evidence would trigger a text loop, and you'd have to read the same loop each time for every wrong guess.

Haven't played the WiiWare ones either.

In the DS games, you could not speed up the text unless you were in a "wrong evidence" loop as described by soonersfan's post. In that case, you could hold down the button used to advance and it would fast forward so you didn't have to rewatch the same text. Otherwise, pretty sure it'll just have to type out.

Hmm, its been awhile since I played the original, but I think I remember holding down one of the buttons to speed up the text.

Holding down the button got the text to appear on the screen all at once instead of scrolling onto the screen as if typed, but there was no way to completely speed through a loop. You had to follow that path once it started until all text parts completed.

The only time you can speed up text on the DS versions is if it's repeat text in the same session.

Lets say you're talking to Gumshoe. You present him with a piece of evidence and he responds by saying, "Sorry pal, but I can't give out details on that..." or something. Now, re-present that same piece of evidence and this time, you'll be able to speed up text by holding down the cancel/back button (it's B on the DS).

But lets say you finish that session with him and he leaves to do something else. You go around doing your own tasks before meeting him again for a new session. Now, present that same piece of evidence again but this time, you will not be able to speed up the text... because you started a new session with him.

This is how it usually works.

bread's done
Back