Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Re-Print (06/14/2006)

Shit, I saw that and ordered 2 and then got worried that maybe they fucked up and so I bought a copy off ebay for $40. Damn, that's fucked up.

[quote name='4tygames']$30 new at Fry's. Tons of copies.

Maybe I should go pick some up for ebay![/quote]

I would. Sealed copies are going on eBay for $60+.

I may have to bite this time...we'll see...I like my handheld games to have unlimited replay value (Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing, Tetris, NSMB, Electroplankton, Brain Age...only Partners in Time bucks the trend in my collection)...

But I love adventure games so much...

Dam, I wish my Frys had copies of this in stock, they did about a month ago. They got 20 copies, but those sold out within days and I have been kicking myself ever day wishing I woulda just bought a dam copy.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Cool, will probably pick it up once it gets cheap (which is more likely with more copies available).[/quote]

Or, more likely, you're gonna get burned for the 3rd time.

Let's hope Capcom gets the message that the game has mucho demand and releases more than 30k initial copies of Justice for All.

[quote name='Crocodile']Let's hope Capcom gets the message that the game has mucho demand and releases more than 30k initial copies of Justice for All.[/quote]

Allright, preordered this from Sam Goody. You think we'll really get these?

I can't believe, counting my DS, I've already spent (well counting this pre-order) like $200 on my DS and games and I don't have anything to show for it yet. Not even a stylus...;)

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Allright, preordered this from Sam Goody. You think we'll really get these?

I can't believe, counting my DS, I've already spent (well counting this pre-order) like $200 on my DS and games and I don't have anything to show for it yet. Not even a stylus...;)[/quote]

I went ahead and ordered 4. Worth the risk I figure as at a minimum I'm sure I can break even.

If you tally my 130.00 on this game I've spent over 300.00 and I'm in the same boat as I ordered my Lite from Overstock and never had the original. :)

this game is so damned elusive.. i'll have to get it just to say i finally got it.. hopefully FYE (usually never gets hit) will have a copy left by the time i'm up there on like the 18th

[quote name='gizmogc']Another reprint? If you have a Frys or Game Rush, go there. Fully stcoked, atleast out here.[/QUOTE]
At which Fry's are you talking about?

[quote name='Maddgief']I went ahead and ordered 4. Worth the risk I figure as at a minimum I'm sure I can break even.

If you tally my 130.00 on this game I've spent over 300.00 and I'm in the same boat as I ordered my Lite from Overstock and never had the original. :)[/quote]

Dang, $300??! What have you bought thus far?

I am such a sucker for this elusivity of games (I mean, it has to be a good game to begin with, of course). Trauma Center and Phoenix Wright both looked like my style of game, and cool because they incorporate a lot of the DS' features. I planned on getting both right away but then I find out Phoenix Wright is so hard to find and it becomes the more desireable of the two!! I really hope they end up rec'ing these carts.

This is how I got Snatcher fever a few months back. And why I still have Shining Force 3 fever.

[quote name='beerguy961']At which Fry's are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Oxnard and Burbank both had about a dozen or so last week.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Dang, $300??! What have you bought thus far?

I am such a sucker for this elusivity of games (I mean, it has to be a good game to begin with, of course). Trauma Center and Phoenix Wright both looked like my style of game, and cool because they incorporate a lot of the DS' features. I planned on getting both right away but then I find out Phoenix Wright is so hard to find and it becomes the more desireable of the two!! I really hope they end up rec'ing these carts.

This is how I got Snatcher fever a few months back. And why I still have Shining Force 3 fever.[/quote]

4 copies of PW, Mario Kart, Advance Wars DS and of course DS itself. If it's going to be this widely available maybe I should cancel my order and just order one...hmmm.

[quote name='gizmogc']Oxnard and Burbank both had about a dozen or so last week.[/quote]

O RLY..... I'll have to check out the Burbank Fry's, it's just a few miles from work.

If anyone is in the military AAFES has copies available online (29.99 shipped direct from Capcom) but you must be a military member to have access to the site.

[quote name='gizmogc']Another reprint? If you have a Frys or Game Rush, go there. Fully stcoked, atleast out here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my GR and Fry's have 0 copies - haven't had any since it was originally released. My GR only ever had 1 copy of it, which at the time I passed on (did find it at GC later though). I guess this is a good sign for GR, then, eh? Maybe not all doom and gloom that they would get additional copies of this hard to find game? :D I find it hard to believe though since my GR can't even get in many of the newly released DS games.

The so called first reprint never showed up in stores around here. I hope this one makes it, although I wish I could get my hands on a first run copy.

If it is really this valuable, I guess I will go buy the used copy I saw at a local used music/video store. It was only $22.50, but I like my games new/mint. I knew prices had skyrocketed, but I thought they would come back down with the rumored reprint (which I assumed hadn't happened yet). Then I will also buy one of these third runs with a GGC if they show up here this time.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Cool, will probably pick it up once it gets cheap (which is more likely with more copies available).[/quote]Have fun never playing or owning this game.

(I'm also trying to get my hands on a good copy of Meteos before it becomes extinct too. i haven't seen one in these parts since like October. I know about the Disney version coming, but still...)

What else besides PW and Meteos is rare that I need to get my hands on soon or miss out?

Found 8 of these at a store here in town, racing around trying to find it before I broke down and pre-ordered from Sam Goody. Bought all 8...keeping one for myself and posting the other 7 on EBay. Not trying to break the bank, just looking to spread the wealth with other CAGers.

Only asking what USPS will want for shipping, using the calculator...I hate people that try to pad their sale price by jacking up shipping. :)

If anyone wants links to any of those auctions, LMK via PM.

I've come to the conclusion that I will never see this game for 29.99 in a store again...and since I won't pay more for a game with almost 0 replay value, I'm going to have to wait for the sequel I guess.

[quote name='noodles']Bought all 8...keeping one for myself and posting the other 7 on EBay. Not trying to break the bank, just looking to spread the wealth with other CAGers.[/QUOTE]

What part of buying every copy at a store to sell on eBay has to do with spreading the wealth with CAGs ;)

[quote name='FOnewearl']What part of buying every copy at a store to sell on eBay has to do with spreading the wealth with CAGs ;)[/quote]

I found the games at a store that is...'members only', so to speak. That 'limited access' is undoubtedly why they still had 8 copies in stock. I cant really go into a ton of detail, as I am sure that they dont want people buying stuff from there and re-selling it to John Q. Public on EBay...but if anyone has any questions as to the validity of my story or my own integrity in the whole thing, shoot me a PM.

He has no clue. The trolls are coming out of the woodwork now.

7 on ebay? Spreading the wealth would be offering them up to the CAGs for

what you paid, shipping, and a little for your inconvenience. But like I said,

no clue.

[quote name='noodles']Found 8 of these at a store here in town, racing around trying to find it before I broke down and pre-ordered from Sam Goody. Bought all 8...keeping one for myself and posting the other 7 on EBay. Not trying to break the bank, just looking to spread the wealth with other CAGers.

Only asking what USPS will want for shipping, using the calculator...I hate people that try to pad their sale price by jacking up shipping. :)

If anyone wants links to any of those auctions, LMK via PM.[/QUOTE]

"spreading the wealth to cags" and listing on ebay are two very different things. as i'm sure you'll see soon, cags hate it when people come here and brag about how they hoarded and are off to make a killing on ebay. I did it when I was newb as well and got flamed for 3 pages. ;-)

He's not even worth it. He obviously can't comprehend what he is doing. This type of thing is why this is probably my fifth post in as many months here. People make me sick...

[quote name='Apossum']"spreading the wealth to cags" and listing on ebay are two very different things. as i'm sure you'll see soon, cags hate it when people come here and brag about how they hoarded and are off to make a killing on ebay. I did it when I was newb as well and got flamed for 3 pages. ;-)[/quote]
Wow, I'm surprised at the reaction, to say the least.

APossum, out of sincere curiosity, did you post anything on these forums offering your DS Lite and other assorted games for what you paid, before you listed it on EBay? I am suddenly a bad person for doing what many others appear to already be doing over on the auction board? I am asking sincere questions over here, because apparently I have breached some sort of etiquette that doesnt otherwise clearly exist.

I doubt many, if any, of you have access to military BX/PX stores? If, as I assume, that is true, how did I 'hoard' anything from any of you? Yeesh. And you folks who want to flame me for 'not even knowing what I am doing'...feel free to check my feedback. Does it look like I am one of these people who buys 8 XBOX 360's to sell them for profit on EBay? Riiiight.

I've only posted 3 of the games, 2 of them not even having received any bids. Are you saying I should offer the other 4 (or even possibly take down the 2) and offer them to CAG's for "what I paid, shipping, and a little for my inconvenience." After this sort of reception? Hmm...

[quote name='noodles']Wow, I'm surprised at the reaction, to say the least.

APossum, out of sincere curiosity, did you post anything on these forums offering your DS Lite and other assorted games for what you paid, before you listed it on EBay? I am suddenly a bad person for doing what many others appear to already be doing over on the auction board? I am asking sincere questions over here, because apparently I have breached some sort of etiquette that doesnt otherwise clearly exist.

I doubt many, if any, of you have access to military BX/PX stores? If, as I assume, that is true, how did I 'hoard' anything from any of you? Yeesh. And you folks who want to flame me for 'not even knowing what I am doing'...feel free to check my feedback. Does it look like I am one of these people who buys 8 XBOX 360's to sell them for profit on EBay? Riiiight.

I've only posted 3 of the games, 2 of them not even having received any bids. Are you saying I should offer the other 4 (or even possibly take down the 2) and offer them to CAG's for "what I paid, shipping, and a little for my inconvenience." After this sort of reception? Hmm...[/QUOTE]

I think your completely missing the point. If you want to buy up a store's entire stock (whether it's Wal-Mart, some place that only people in the Miltary can shop at or the trunk of someone's car) don't even bother posting about it at CAG as it's probably just going to rub people the wrong way if anything. In this case (unlike the normal boring I bought x amount of a certain game to sell on eBay) you mentioned how selling the extras on eBay for money is spreading the wealth with CAGs which I don't get and I'm thinking you don't either as when you quoted me you didn't anwser that and went off about something else instead.

Both of your examples ain't very good as I don't think you can really criticize APossum if he was selling stuff on eBay unless he made a claim to be doing it as a favor to fellow CAGs. Nobody said you owed it to CAG to come here and sell the games for only a couple more dollars then you paid just don't say your spreading the wealth if you don't. You may not have bought every 360 at a store to resell but you did do the same thing just with Phoenix Wright.

In short keep the Capitalize to yourself and you'll be alright.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I think your completely missing the point. If you want to buy up a store's entire stock (whether it's Wal-Mart, some place that only people in the Miltary can shop at or the trunk of someone's car) don't even bother posting about it at CAG as it's probably just going to rub people the wrong way if anything. In this case (unlike the normal boring I bought x amount of a certain game to sell on eBay) you mentioned how selling the extras on eBay for money is spreading the wealth with CAGs which I don't get and I'm thinking you don't either as when you quoted me you didn't anwser that and went off about something else instead.

Both of your examples ain't very good as I don't think you can really criticize APossum if he was selling stuff on eBay unless he made a claim to be doing it as a favor to fellow CAGs. Nobody said you owed it to CAG to come here and sell the games for only a couple more dollars then you paid just don't say your spreading the wealth if you don't. You may not have bought every 360 at a store to resell but you did do the same thing just with Phoenix Wright.

In short keep the Capitalize to yourself and you'll be alright.[/quote]

i remember that thread...at first i reacted like you guys with, "how is listing it on ebay spreading the wealth to CAGs???"

then i read it again and realized that it didn't say "to CAG's"...so i guess he's saying that he's giving others an opportunity to get the game (albeit at a high cost via ebay)

[quote name='swetooth9']i remember that thread...at first i reacted like you guys with, "how is listing it on ebay spreading the wealth to CAGs???"[/QUOTE]

which thread? I wasen't refering to anything outside of this thread.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I think your completely missing the point. If you want to buy up a store's entire stock (whether it's Wal-Mart, some place that only people in the Miltary can shop at or the trunk of someone's car) don't even bother posting about it at CAG as it's probably just going to rub people the wrong way if anything. In this case (unlike the normal boring I bought x amount of a certain game to sell on eBay) you mentioned how selling the extras on eBay for money is spreading the wealth with CAGs which I don't get and I'm thinking you don't either as when you quoted me you didn't anwser that and went off about something else instead.

In short keep the Capitalize to yourself and you'll be alright.[/QUOTE]

If taking advantage of CAG postings to make money at the expense of other CAG's who will miss out on the deal because you bought the whole store is comparable to biting the hand that feeds you...

Coming to the site and bragging about it is like biting the hand that feeds you and then spitting in the face of the person who feeds you. I agree with FOnewearl...if you're going to horde at least keep it to yourself. Nobody here is going to high-five you for taking the deals away from the rest of us for your own profit.

He could've at least sold them at teh trading forum for $35 a pop. THAT would've been sharing the wealth.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I think your completely missing the point. If you want to buy up a store's entire stock (whether it's Wal-Mart, some place that only people in the Miltary can shop at or the trunk of someone's car) don't even bother posting about it at CAG as it's probably just going to rub people the wrong way if anything. In this case (unlike the normal boring I bought x amount of a certain game to sell on eBay) you mentioned how selling the extras on eBay for money is spreading the wealth with CAGs which I don't get and I'm thinking you don't either as when you quoted me you didn't anwser that and went off about something else instead.[/quote]

No...I got it. Your arguments just seemed rather arbitrary and almost irrational, so I wasnt sure HOW to respond to it. You paint with a rather broad brush, and it seems clear that you're not going to convince me, nor will I convince you, to see the other's POV. I dont know how you can rationalize someone hording items from a free-access-to-the-public store like WalMart or even the trunk of someone's car, as comparable to picking things up from a limited-access-to-a-certain-group merchant. The first is literally taking things from public circulation, while the second is pulling something from a private circle and making it more publicly available. They dont seem all that similar to me.

As far as the whole 'spreading the wealth' analogy, perhaps it was a poor turn of phrase. My point was to illustrate what I said above...the private-access merchant had a glut of these in-demand items, and I was trying to share access with a group of people who were reportedly interested. More than one person in this thread had bemoaned how it didnt appear they would ever get their hands on this game, and I thought it might be well received to offer them up. I was unaware that there was public trading on this forum, but even if I were, I think I would have stuck with the decision to use the widely-accepted means of conducting such transactions...EBay...because I figured it offered certain protections for both buyer and seller.

You (and possibly others) keep inserting a certain amount of malice into my comments about APossum, when I sincerely wanted to ask if he had offered his DS Lite to the CAG forums before he posted it on EBay. Of course, there seems to be a lot of implied understanding of my thoughts and motives in this matter, as there certainly has been no shortage of flaming my actions by this group.

[quote name='chosen1s']If taking advantage of CAG postings to make money at the expense of other CAG's who will miss out on the deal because you bought the whole store is comparable to biting the hand that feeds you...

Coming to the site and bragging about it is like biting the hand that feeds you and then spitting in the face of the person who feeds you. I agree with FOnewearl...if you're going to horde at least keep it to yourself. Nobody here is going to high-five you for taking the deals away from the rest of us for your own profit[/.quote]

See above, please. I fail to understand how any non-military personnel missed out on a potential deal, or had a deal snuck out from under them because of my actions?

I thought I was doing a legitimate good turn by placing these games into wider circulation, and as I have expressed (all public skepticism and flaming notwithstanding), was not looking to win the lottery by posting them for public auction. If some of you out there are not interested in that, fair enough...but the high-horse 'we know what you're REALLY up to' judgmentalism is really unwarranted.

bread's done
Back