Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

I'm thinking about... I am 100% sure this game will become rare in 2-3 yr.

it being the type of game it is now... it won't catch people attention now..

I'm thinking about picking it up. It's looks like it could be fun and it's been a while since I've played an adventure game.

I don't know if Lucasarts even exists anymore, but I'd like to see some official releases of some of their old point and click adventure games, as well as some new ones.

Long live the adventure game! I'm pretty sure I won't have cash to get this since Best Buy doesn't look to be carrying it, but I'll be interested to see what others think.

Doesn't look interesting at all to me, sorry.

I do want to hear opinions form CAG, though.

I think my money has to go to Castlevania before this =\

[quote name='"The VGM"']I'm bout to get it and Trauma Center.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='"Spoon_si"'] I'm thinking about... I am 100% sure this game will become rare in 2-3 yr.

it being the type of game it is now... it won't catch people attention now.[/QUOTE]

Game Informer stressed that a little bit in their review. They said that it wasn't one of the titles that catches the eye of most people.

Game Informer review seemed to have liked it, but if I remember correctly, they stated that there wasn't much replay value at all.

Like it was also mentioned, Capcom dosen't underproduce games, I'll wait to get this until I can get it for $20 or under.

Better yet, Gamestop will sell this used for $20... if it really dosen't have the replayability like GI says, I have a feeling this will be showing up used very soon.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=919057

11td.jpg

I *did* want it, but now I think I'll wait and see what people have to say... with only 5 cases, it seems like it wouldn't last long, and wouldn't have much in the way of replay value...

Ash

They are making the foruth game of the series in Japan, so if this does well make that will get a US release.

[quote name='Roufuss']Better yet, Gamestop will sell this used for $20... if it really dosen't have the replayability like GI says, I have a feeling this will be showing up used very soon.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=919057[/QUOTE]

And with the B2G1 free used games until the 31st, this and Trauma Center (assuming they will have it used...) will be mine. Plus something else which I have yet to decide.

[quote name='stag8603']And with the B2G1 free used games until the 31st, this and Trauma Center (assuming they will have it used...) will be mine. Plus something else which I have yet to decide.[/QUOTE]

*perk* I've missed something, obviously... couldn't find it on the deals forum either... B2G1 at GS?

[quote name='PleasantOne']*perk* I've missed something, obviously... couldn't find it on the deals forum either... B2G1 at GS?[/QUOTE]

It's B2G1 Used for GameInformer card members. A cupon was put in the latest magazine (one w/ Crackdown on the cover). You need both the cupon and a GameInformer card to get the sale.

[quote name='stf3']It's B2G1 Used for GameInformer card members. A cupon was put in the latest magazine (one w/ Crackdown on the cover). You need both the cupon and a GameInformer card to get the sale.[/QUOTE]

lamesauce!

[quote name='TUBAPRO1']My GS never has any DS games used...and if they're ever there, they're either crappy games or not complete...[/QUOTE]

They are sold really fast as soon as they come in, in my experience. Best bet is to check the store locator like crazy and call ASAP as soon as one gets in stock, since they sell used for $10 less than new, which is a big discount.

[quote name='stf3']It's B2G1 Used for GameInformer card members. A cupon was put in the latest magazine (one w/ Crackdown on the cover). You need both the cupon and a GameInformer card to get the sale.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, sorry for not clarifying that.

My GS usually has a plethora of DS games used.

[quote name='jPoD15']かわいい

It is lovely, indeed.[/QUOTE]

was pasting the most well-known japanese word really needed there? it wasn't even a cute pic xx;

[quote name='RandyTsai']the last couple of weeks have been great. Trace Memory, Trauma Center, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.[/QUOTE]

How was Trace Memory? Looked alot like the old Myst games.

[quote name='Msia']http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=800038[/QUOTE]

That's pretty nice stylus. Prob won't order but looks like a good deal.

Yeah, I had the intent of using my B2G1F on DS games to save 30 or so, but I ended up using the Best Buy coupon 4 times to get Castlevania, AW:DS, Kirby and Trauma Center...so I ended up saving 40 that way. It worked out to be about the same. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Best Buy will be getting this...so no BB coupon for it since it expires Friday :( I can't believe how many games I'm getting for the DS recently. Why is Nintendo so good. That's rhetorical.

[quote name='LaseK']was pasting the most well-known japanese word really needed there? it wasn't even a cute pic xx;[/QUOTE]

=D

IGN gave it a 7.8, but it's review was good. It makes no sense.

"Even with its strict, linear design, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is a good throwback to the old-school point-and-click PC adventures. The game's script is worth the price of admission by itself; intriguing characters, unique situations, and well-written and humorous dialogue keep the interest level high all the way through the multiple chapters. The way Capcom has a habit of recycling its popular game properties into multiple sequels, I'm convinced this won't be the last we'll see of Phoenix Wright in the states. His first adventure on the Nintendo DS isn't all that difficult to complete, but it does a decent job of kicking off his career over here."

[quote name='Parathod']IGN gave it a 7.8, but it's review was good. It makes no sense.

"Even with its strict, linear design, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is a good throwback to the old-school point-and-click PC adventures. The game's script is worth the price of admission by itself; intriguing characters, unique situations, and well-written and humorous dialogue keep the interest level high all the way through the multiple chapters. The way Capcom has a habit of recycling its popular game properties into multiple sequels, I'm convinced this won't be the last we'll see of Phoenix Wright in the states. His first adventure on the Nintendo DS isn't all that difficult to complete, but it does a decent job of kicking off his career over here."[/QUOTE]

I was reading that review myself and thinking how they have no clue what they are talking about, and no clue what to say about the game. They laud it up and then give it such a paultry (sp) score.

Anyhow, anybody pre-order it through capcom's site. I hear you can get a free Ace Stylus of his hand that from the pics is freaking awesome. I wish you could buy styluses separate from the game. I want this game, but I might just end up waiting for a price drop if I don't see a good deal any where.

[quote name='TUBAPRO1']Yeah, I had the intent of using my B2G1F on DS games to save 30 or so, but I ended up using the Best Buy coupon 4 times to get Castlevania, AW:DS, Kirby and Trauma Center...so I ended up saving 40 that way. It worked out to be about the same. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Best Buy will be getting this...so no BB coupon for it since it expires Friday :( I can't believe how many games I'm getting for the DS recently. Why is Nintendo so good. That's rhetorical.[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel. I've been basically buying a ton of DS games now because they are all so good. I'm planning on probably picking up Kirby and Castlevania by week's end with the coupon.

I'm really interested in this game, but due to finances, a doubt in how long it'll last, and an already full-plate (Trauma Center, Castlevania, and Shadow of the Colossus next week), I think i'll wait until it's around $20.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']They laud it up and then give it such a paultry (sp) score.[/quote]
You think that 7.8 is a "paltry" score? :roll:

Every time I read something about this game I get the Harvey Birdman: Attourney at Law theme stuck in my head. If they were to make a decently deep game based on that show, I'd buy it in a heart beat.

That being said, I think I'll see if I can pick it up used sometime soon. How long before EB and/or GS usually start getting used games in stock B&M or online?

daroga

I love how everyone thinks that this game will get a price drop. Remeber places like Best buy and circity city are not going to carry this game. If want to have an idea of rare Capcom GBA games, try looking for brand new Mega man zero 1 or 2

[quote name='62t']I love how everyone thinks that this game will get a price drop. Remeber places like Best buy and circity city are not going to carry this game. If want to have an idea of rare Capcom GBA games, try looking for brand new Mega man zero 1 or 2[/QUOTE]

I can see that happening.

[quote name='asianxcore']was the ship date on this Oct. 11th or 12th?[/QUOTE]

11th, or at least it was for GS. I just got it.

[quote name='62t']I love how everyone thinks that this game will get a price drop. Remeber places like Best buy and circity city are not going to carry this game. If want to have an idea of rare Capcom GBA games, try looking for brand new Mega man zero 1 or 2[/QUOTE]

Seems like you can add Castlevania Dawn of Sarrow to that as well. Best Buy had a tag for it today but it was sold out. Target never had a spot for it and Gamecrazy didn't have it either. It figures that when I drag my feet about getting a game that its gonna get hard to find.

[quote name='daroga']Every time I read something about this game I get the Harvey Birdman: Attourney at Law theme stuck in my head. If they were to make a decently deep game based on that show, I'd buy it in a heart beat.

That being said, I think I'll see if I can pick it up used sometime soon. How long before EB and/or GS usually start getting used games in stock B&M or online?

daroga[/QUOTE]

It really depends on the 'replay value'. Like someone said earlier, it doesn't appear to have much extras once beaten. That means that it should get traded in faster than most other games. But it really depends. I think in a week or tow they should have some used, but I couldn't honestly tell you.

bread's done
Back