Phoenix Wright II $29.90 @ Play-Asia (Full English Support) Now Shipping!

gunm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
If I never got the US version of Phoenix Wright recently, I would have gotten the first one and this from play-asia. Damn. I don't want to mix up my collection.

and get the game plus a sticker set from Play-Asia all for just $29.90! Not a bad deal considering import DS games usually go for about $48...

That's because it's a "Best Price" game, which I think is either the Japanese version of Player's Choice or a budget line.

[quote name='spoo']I'm going to wait untill it is confirmed english (after it or right before it comes out.)[/quote]

It is confirmed English.

[quote name='espy605']That's because it's a "Best Price" game, which I think is either the Japanese version of Player's Choice or a budget line.[/quote]

Right, but it's still a fair price regardless-- particularly if you are wanting to get ahold of the game asap.

[quote name='gunm']It is confirmed English.

[/QUOTE]
Link besides play-asia? I just would hate to be burned with a game that is all text with a language I don't understand. I know Gyakuten Saiban for DS had english but it is the only Gyakuten Saiban game that has english as far as I know.

[quote name='spoo']Link besides play-asia? I just would hate to be burned with a game that is all text with a language I don't understand. I know Gyakuten Saiban for DS had english but it is the only Gyakuten Saiban game that has english as far as I know.[/QUOTE]Not sure if this makes any difference to you, since the picture is on Play-Asia... If you look at the picture of the back of the box at Play-Asia, there's a screenshot in English. (And it says in Japanese on the back that an English version is included.)

Edited to add: It also says so in Japanese on the YesAsia site.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Not sure if this makes any difference to you, since the picture is on Play-Asia... If you look at the picture of the back of the box at Play-Asia, there's a screenshot in English. (And it says in Japanese on the back that an English version is included.)

Edited to add: It also says so in Japanese on the YesAsia site.[/QUOTE]

Thanks that does help.

I for one am getting the Jap. and US versions

The Japanese one to play the game

and the US to help out sales in the states

[quote name='Kostaki']I've also just preordered it, and I used the referral link you provided in your post there OP.

Very nice find.[/quote]

Thank you!

I used your referal link and pre-ordered it. I rather get the game months in advance then wait for a English only version with different box art and manual *shrugs* Thanks alot OP.

Right, but it's still a fair price regardless-- particularly if you are wanting to get ahold of the game asap.

Just saying. A lot of people seem to avoid GH titles like the plague, and this is the Japanese version of it.

[quote name='espy605']Just saying. A lot of people seem to avoid GH titles like the plague, and this is the Japanese version of it.[/QUOTE]
the game is only release as Best Price. Most people do not mind the buget re-release of japanese games because they are done more tastefully. For example the DS reprint only has a minor word in the front cover.

It looks like the US version will have an extra case over the Japanese version.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/5973/1/Capcom

[quote name='Minae Matsukawa, producer of Phoenix Wright']We wanted the Western players to play a new game rather than an old port. [/QUOTE]

I guess if you wanted to play it early, this is the way to go, but if you want a complete experience, it's best to wait.

[quote name='neonglow']It looks like the US version will have an extra case over the Japanese version.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/5973/1/Capcom

I guess if you wanted to play it early, this is the way to go, but if you want a complete experience, it's best to wait.[/quote]

Objection!

I believe you're taking this quote out of context. The Gyukuten Saiban series was originally on GBA, and if you read the article carefully, you will see that Matuskawa is really referring to the fact that the DS version has an extra case over the original GBA game--not specifically the US version only.

Edit: BTW, thanks to all who've been using my referal link! I really appreciate it!

[quote name='gunm']Objection!

I believe you're taking this quote out of context. The Gyukuten Saiban series was originally on GBA, and if you read the article carefully, you will see that Matuskawa is really referring to the fact that the DS version has an extra case over the original GBA game--not specifically the US version only.

Edit: BTW, thanks to all who've been using my referal link! I really appreciate it![/QUOTE]

Matuskawa is referring to an extra case for the DS version for Western markets.

If you look at the listing on Play-Asia, it says:

[quote name='Play-Asia']Gyakuten Saiban 2 introduces four new cases featuring new characters, plot twists and gameplay features.[/QUOTE]

The original Japanese GBA version of this game had 4 episodes in it and the Japanese DS version will also have 4 episodes. This would mean the Japanese DS version is just a port and won't have a new case. A new extra episode would probably explain the delayed release of the US version.

I could be wrong, but I guess we'll find out when the Japanese version gets released.

The Japanese "Best Seller" version of the original Phoenix Wright included the same extra case that the US received. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same in the sequel.

My friend had the japanese version of phoenix wright and i had the US version. They were both exactly the same except for language of course. I'm with gunm on this one. I believe he is referring to the differnce between gba and ds versions not US and Jap. Thanks OP for the heads up!

I plan on buying both versions anyway. Once the US version comes out, I'll put the Asian version on Ebay or something

A new extra episode would probably explain the delayed release of the US version.

Japanese companies usually hold the Western market secondary, that is usually the main reason for a delay. Occasionally, games are much bigger hits in the west than Japan (e.g. Metal Gear Solid) so they'll be released here earlier than in Japan.
The Japanese "Best Seller" version of the original Phoenix Wright included the same extra case that the US received. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same in the sequel.
I'm inclined to agree with you but there is no way to tell until the game is actually released.
the game is only release as Best Price. Most people do not mind the buget re-release of japanese games because they are done more tastefully. For example the DS reprint only has a minor word in the front cover.
I don't know about that. That look spikey bubble saying "BEST PRICE!" doesn't seem to tasteful to me.

[quote name='neonglow']Matuskawa is referring to an extra case for the DS version for Western markets.

If you look at the listing on Play-Asia, it says:

The original Japanese GBA version of this game had 4 episodes in it and the Japanese DS version will also have 4 episodes. This would mean the Japanese DS version is just a port and won't have a new case. A new extra episode would probably explain the delayed release of the US version.
[/quote]

Nowhere in the article does Mastukawa reveal a fifth case. Again, I believe that the reference to the Western market is to the series going to DS in general.

I present the following evidence from the referenced article:

[quote name='Matsukawa']The DS version started thanks to some Western players who played the Japanese GBA version asking us to release it outside of Japan. It was quite timely because we were just about investigating DS as a new console and we thought that the machine's two screens could be well utilised for such a game.[/quote]

I have not seen any clear and specific information that the developer or Capcom is working on creating new content specifically for the sequel's US release. Until then, any claim that the US release is somehow different from the Japanese release is conjecture.

Hehe, as you can tell by now, I'm just having fun with these posts. Sorry, not trying to antagonize--just trying to sharpen up for next game. :)

FYI, cubed3 updated it's article to clarify that there is no extra case or features planned for the US release of Phoenix Wright 2--Capcom and cubed3 acknowledged it was a translation error.

[quote name='cubed3'] Ms. Matsukawa: Phoenix Wright: Justice for All will contain brand new episodes and it will be about the same volume as with Ace Attorney. We wanted the Western players to play a new game rather than an old port. [ Update - Capcom has confirmed this was mis-translated. There will be NO new content in the DS game Phoenix Wright: Justice for All in any territory. This is just GBA Gyukaten Saiban 2 ported to the DS. Both Capcom and Cubed³ apologise for the confusion ]
[/quote]

[quote name='gunm']FYI, cubed3 updated it's article to clarify that there is no extra case or features planned for the US release of Phoenix Wright 2--Capcom and cubed3 acknowledged it was a translation error.[/QUOTE]

Time to preorder the Japanese version then.

I just preordered it :D

Woo! I can't wait!!!!

But once PW:JFA comes out in the USA, I'll sell GS2 DS and help to pay for it

We need to all do this so we can get GS3 brought to the US!!!

I wanna get it, but the US cover will probably be far superior... at least that was the case with the original

pheonix_170.gif

PA.24136.011.jpg

Plus, it'd be good to let Capcom know that original games can sell here...

For Phoenix Wright fans out there:

Just got the newsletter from Play-Asia , they're currently taking pre-orders for the Japanese release of Gyakuten Saiban 2 / Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, coming out Oct. 26. (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-70-1iyq.html)

Includes "Play-Asia exclusive sticker set" which is basically just a skin for your DS lite cover. Even though it's the Japanese version, it's listed as having "full English/Japanese text support", which I assume is the English/Japanese text option just like the first one unless someone tells me otherwise.

Currently listed there for $29.95, plus $2.60 for the cheapest ship rate.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Phoenix Wright 3 better be subtitled "Phoenix Wright: For Great Justice"[/quote]

It would make sense since Capcom has been ribbing SNK ever since 1995

Wow, the stickers do look really cool on the DS lite... wonder how hard it would be to get them off and if you could reapply them?

OP, your referral links won't work here...sorry.
They get automatically converted to CAG's links.

Added sticker pics to OP.

Is the English going to be as good as the first Phoenix Wright DS's English?

The translation on the first DS game was very superior -- one of the best translations I'd ever seen. I don't want to get some fobby Engrish version, or even just an ordinary transation... I want that same company to do this translation too~

Also, if the game's already done in English, why are they waiting so long to bring it over to the US again?

bread's done
Back