Physx on an ATI card

lllGurulll

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have an ATI 5850 but physx runs like a god as expected. I have seen mention on the net that people have found a way to get physx to run on ATI cards but I can't find any downloads regarding that.

Has anyone been able to get this done on this particular card?

So the only way to get physx with an ATI card is to install a nvidia card with it. Can I even do that in my rig? I have the ATI 5750 in my 16x slot and I have a free 2x slot. Will putting the nvidia in teh 2x slot even work with physx?

I know physx drags down the frames per sec a little but what it adds would make Batman really fun to play.

If you want physx you will need a nividia graphics card that supports it. To answer your question you can only use video cards in pci-e 16x slots.

Well gee. My ATI card just crapped out today. How convenient. Just purchased it last June too. I sure hope XFX is quick on their repair time.

god this ticks me off.

I hope you don't mind if I ask a related question: if I was to get a 9800 GT to use as a physx card, would it interfere with my Radeon 4860? Since the 4860 is a DX10.1 and the 9800GT is a DX10?

Physx is different and seperate from Direct X. As long as you have the hacked Hybrid Physx drivers, it /should/ work.

For those wondering how to find drivers to do this, check out this thread.

bread's done
Back