Piano Black PSP Go for 58.01 (Sam's Club)

PotKettleBlack

CAGiversary!
I've been working at Sam's for about 3 years now and i noticed something. I think it's do to the area that the sam's club is in or it's just the plain fact that since sam's is a wholesale store, videogames arent a major interest to the customers. so this is what happens. the videogames sit in that cage at the front of the store for months, maybe a year or 2 and then they get marked down like crazy. I randomly went to our computer typed in psp to see how much it was and and i couldnt believe it until i actually purchased it. it was the last one. i'm not saying that all psp gos at every sams club is 58.01 but if you live near one. get them to look them up and see if they have them in stock. it's only for the piano black one. the silver rock band bundle ones are marked down as well to either 158 or 168 online. thats a kindve good deal as well. it doesnt have be just pspgos either. if you notice videogames arent selling at your local sams or you either see something in those cages that's been sitting there for awhile get an employee to check the price

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/Dark_Cloud06/cheap.jpg

Because people are going to ask, Pooler, Georgia. Like Walmart, Sam's Club is wildly YMMV. This is probably more of a bragging right, I don't think many others are going to have the same luck.

go on sams website and search for just psp and see what comes up. the one that i actually bought is still online but it says out of stock now. if you search by the store number you could see the page. i'll try different store numbers and see if there's other deals

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Darknuke']holy crap thats a good deal... If you see another one, buy it for me and I'll pay you $70 for it =D[/QUOTE]

its like $63 with tax, 70 bucks is to low, give me $85 and ill get it for you :cool:

[quote name='Survivalism']Because people are going to ask, Pooler, Georgia. Like Walmart, Sam's Club is wildly YMMV. This is probably more of a bragging right, I don't think many others are going to have the same luck.[/QUOTE]

it's not bragging. i'm letting people know how to find these deals. anybody couldve purchased that psp. it was available online if they searched for it

[quote name='PotKettleBlack']it's not bragging. i'm letting people know how to find these deals. anybody couldve purchased that psp. it was available online if they searched for it[/QUOTE]

I didn't see it online. The psp go was ~$150 there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PotKettleBlack']I've been working at Sam's for about 3 years now and i noticed something. I think it's do to the area that the sam's club is in or it's just the plain fact that since sam's is a wholesale store, videogames arent a major interest to the customers.[/url][/QUOTE]

Nobody buys games from Sam's because their prices are some of the worst in all of retail. I constantly see 6-12 month old games still being sold there for release day prices.

People used to keep up with the Sams thread here, its still here somewhere, but yeah through it I have found a ton of deals, like Batman AA 4 months after its release sams had it for 9.81. I also picked up wii Punchout for 8.81 as well.

Not going to find that here in California. Our Sam's Clubs are doing this plastic card thing for all there merchandise, which makes them not want to price drop things as low as one would if product was taking up open space.

if the 85 includes the shipping I would love one myself lol, toss me a PM if you don't mind doing this.

This price sure is right. If this was a little more widespread I would be all over this. Oh Sony, you and your ridiculous MSRP

Sams website has it listed for 168 and shows it in stock at sams near me. Now is this one of those deals that you dont know till you go to ring out if the price will be cheaper or not? Or is the website the correct price for my store online?

I dont have a sams club card but my neighbors do, might ask them to check for me but I dont want to send them if the online price is what it is at the sams near me.

[quote name='darknight88']OP, could you turn on your Pspgo and see what firmware version it is please? Thank you.[/QUOTE]

deals in my store happen like this quite frequently so if i do come across any other deals like this i'll buy them all and post the details.

[quote name='gargus']Sams website has it listed for 168 and shows it in stock at sams near me. Now is this one of those deals that you dont know till you go to ring out if the price will be cheaper or not? Or is the website the correct price for my store online?

I dont have a sams club card but my neighbors do, might ask them to check for me but I dont want to send them if the online price is what it is at the sams near me.[/QUOTE]

that could be the case as well. also the prices are negotiable too depending on the manager. customers get away with alot. it hurts when i see people get 55" 3D tv's that are well over 1500 for 1000-1200 bucks

It shows 58.01 when you look up the OP's Sams Club online. So it seems to be accurate, I'm seeing various price points, none as low as the OP's, but some as low as 50%-60% off.

Hm.. I checked their site and it's showing one of my local Sam's Clubs having it in stock at $74. Is it worth it at that price point?

[quote name='sunghost']Hm.. I checked their site and it's showing one of my local Sam's Clubs having it in stock at $74. Is it worth it at that price point?[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah if you bought it tried it and didnt like it for whatever reason you could easily sell this on ebay and get your money back plus.

[quote name='nddave']Hell yeah if you bought it tried it and didnt like it for whatever reason you could easily sell this on ebay and get your money back plus.[/QUOTE]

Only problem is I'd have to buy a membership wouldn't I? I've heard you can get a refund for the membership fee but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle or not.

I checked, and one of the Sam's near me has it for $82. But I like my PSP and I don't want to have to buy digital versions of games I already have on UMD. >.>

EDIT: I'd rather get the MGS Pack if I was gonna get one. It's only $108 at the same Sam's.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Sunghost if u buy it for me I'll give you 100 to gave it shipped! Pm me[/QUOTE]

Soon you will be able to get one for $100 shipped online.

[quote name='mitch079']It shows 58.01 when you look up the OP's Sams Club online. So it seems to be accurate, I'm seeing various price points, none as low as the OP's, but some as low as 50%-60% off.[/QUOTE]
how did you look it up online and such? I saw the page psp go page at sams club online but its listed as 168 and when I put in my store the site still has the same price

edit: nevermind, just starting searching different locations by me and found one for $58 but its a 2 hour and 20 minute drive. I want a psp go for dirt cheap, but not sure if it's worth the time or effort

[quote name='TheAstroCreep']I'm trying to search it too, how do you get the store to show what their price is?[/QUOTE]
First search psp go and go to piano black's product page. Then it will say online price is $168. Then towards the top left it will say something about store location where you can put in your location and I just looked at the stores near me. But once you enter a store location it will tell you their club price and if they have it in stock

Interesting if Sam's Club is going to low ball like that I wonder who else is going to try and liquidate there stock like that.

Hmm cheapest one by me is $81. If it were $60-ish I would've bit especially since you don't need a membership this weekend

I'd love to jump on this... if I still had a Sam's Club membership. It figures that I never managed to find a deal when I was actually a member... probably wouldn't have found this either if I still was.

My local SC has it for 121.01, so no dice. Anybody who does find one for cheap by searching their online site really should call first, especially if you have a bit of a drive. Sam's Club is notorious for showing something in stock, then actually not having it. I've had this happen multiple times on items that are marked down.

All PSPs are showing at 168 something or other within a hundred miles.

My local Sams Club never seems to have deals that other people find. :cry:

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Found a 58.01 at s tore 30 mins away! Thanks OP, great find[/QUOTE]

Guy, get me one. Ill pay you $75 paypal. Lets do this!

bread's done
Back