Picross 3D - $9.99

I liked Picross DS much better (I finished all but a few puzzles in that), but this game is still quite good, and the 3D idea works well in execution. The only problem with this is that you can't move on past each level until you figure out all the current puzzles, i.e. if you're on level 6, and you get stuck and can't figure out every last level 6 puzzle, you can't skip them and go on to level 7. I think each level has about 6 or 8 puzzles, so if any of them stump you, you're stuck until you complete them all. Not like Picross DS, where if you finished a certain amount, it'd unlock another 10-15 puzzles.

Awesome game...if you like logic puzzles. If you played the original Picross for the DS, then it might seems a little weird to play 3D. However, once you get the hang of working with the 3D puzzles, you'll have a blast. I highly recommend getting this game for $10...

I will also recommend this game.

I was only slightly interested in this game, but I still picked it up for $20 because I had heard great things.

I was not disappointed.

[quote name='Myka']Great price for this game. My only complaint is that it was too short.[/QUOTE]
The included game wasn't all that long but don't forget that Nintendo has continued to put out more puzzles for it basically weekly, either in 5-packs that they produce themselves or in 20-25 packs of community-created levels. :D At this point there's something like 7 community packs (8th one going into judging) and ~27 Nintendo-produced packs. That's another ~300 levels available for download so far. :)

I have a feeling Nintendo is going to repackage this for the 3DS in a downloadable form. I'm usually all over $10 games but I'm holding off on this one.

Giant Bomb's DS GOTY 2010. Definitely worth $10. I tried Best Buy earlier, but it was backordered, so I'm planning on using a rewards certificate on it tomorrow in-store.

[quote name='Googer']The included game wasn't all that long but don't forget that Nintendo has continued to put out more puzzles for it basically weekly, either in 5-packs that they produce themselves or in 20-25 packs of community-created levels. :D At this point there's something like 7 community packs (8th one going into judging) and ~27 Nintendo-produced packs. That's another ~300 levels available for download so far. :)[/QUOTE]
The DS' shitty wifi adapter negated any DLC for me, so it was short and easy.

How is this game short? it has more than 365 puzzles. I invested over 100 hours into the game (completed everything with no strikes) this game is only short compared to MMO's

Also I think there's a demo up on the nintendo channel for this game so if anyone is on the fence with this game they should try that

at $20 this was a great value, but at $10 that's a steal

Imagine my surprise when I walked in Best Buy looking to find some kind of deal for my new Christmas Best Buy $25 gift card. I didn't yet see the deals posted on this site.

BB had Picross 3D for $9.99 and Professor Layton: Unwound Future for $17.99. I gladly handed them my gift card and $2.99 in cash for 2 of the best DS games of the year-- and the only DS games I was looking for.

You guys should definitely get Picross and Professor Layton ASAP-- I don't think the prices will drop like this very often- especially for the Layton game.

bread's done
Back