Picross 3D (NDS) -- $14.00 + eligble for FSSS

AwRy108

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Saw this in my list of recommended items, decided to share it with my fellow CAG's because it's one of the best portable games I've ever played. Ever. Huge chunks of my life have passed me by due to an addiction to this game.

Picross 3D - $14.00 + eligible for FSSS @ Amazon

...I am sure it's been cheaper before, but $14 is still a good price for such a terrific piece of software.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']I was mad when I missed the bestbuy deal a few months back when they had this for 9.99, I love puzzlers and this has always had my interest[/QUOTE]

If you like number-based logic puzzles, this title will consume your life: not only is the cart LOADED with puzzles, but the download service offers tons more of them FOR FREE. And you can make your own and share them, too.

Another big strength with this title is that the difficulty curve is almost perfect, so you never seem to hit a point where you feel helplessly stumped.

This game's officially out of print now, too, so if you want it I wouldn't keep waiting for a better price (though now that I've said that one will probably come up).

[quote name='AwRy108']If you like number-based logic puzzles, this title will consume your life: not only is the cart LOADED with puzzles, but the download service offers tons more of them FOR FREE. And you can make your own and share them, too.
[/QUOTE]

My kinda of game. Ordered one a minute ago. Thanks for the deal and your input on this game, AwRy108. I bought a 3DS recently, so I am looking for some good DS games to buy while I wait for nintendo to churn out some better software.

[quote name='NEgami']My kinda of game. Ordered one a minute ago. Thanks for the deal and your input on this game, AwRy108. I bought a 3DS recently, so I am looking for some good DS games to buy while I wait for nintendo to churn out some better software.[/QUOTE]

Glad I could help, you won't be disappointed. All I ask in return is that you don't send your spouse / significant other after me when your relationship suffers because of the game ;)

[quote name='sirhansirhan']This game's officially out of print now, too, so if you want it I wouldn't keep waiting for a better price (though now that I've said that one will probably come up).[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, how do you find out if something is out of print?

[quote name='AwRy108']Glad I could help, you won't be disappointed. All I ask in return is that you don't send your spouse / significant other after me when your relationship suffers because of the game ;)[/QUOTE]

Well looks like I'm going to have to spoil my gf a lot before I get this game then lol

Fantastic game, I bought it at release for $20 and don't regret it at all. Completed every on-cart puzzle a few months back but haven't even touched the downloadable ones yet.

I will say this though, I found it much easier than Picross DS (probably because Free Mode was such an unforgiving bitch).

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']
I will say this though, I found it much easier than Picross DS (probably because Free Mode was such an unforgiving bitch).[/QUOTE]

Yes, this one was def. much easier than Picross DS, which actually makes Picross 3D more enjoyable and more addictive (IMHO). In fact, with Picross DS, I found that once you get to a certain level of puzzle (15x15, maybe? It's been awhile...), the difficulty spikes to the point at which much of the casual enjoyment goes out the window.

fantastic game, anyone on the fence should just bite the bullet.

you really won't regret it. I've poured hours into this game and its so much fun

[quote name='AwRy108']Glad I could help, you won't be disappointed. All I ask in return is that you don't send your spouse / significant other after me when your relationship suffers because of the game ;)[/QUOTE]
Haha, thanks for the warning. I am a fourth year med student, so I got no time now for the rigors of relationships anyways. If I am not studying or doing clinicals, I am either playing video games or sleeping.

I was eying Picross DS too for a while, but then I forgot about it. It's now going for $36.33 on amazon. I guess I will try to find it used once I invest some time into Picross 3D. Hopefully this purchase won't impact my final year grades too much. If they do, at least I know who I should come after. lol.

It's great to see other members chipping in with their praises for this game. It makes me feel like I made a worthy purchase.

[quote name='AwRy108']Yes, this one was def. much easier than Picross DS, which actually makes Picross 3D more enjoyable and more addictive (IMHO). In fact, with Picross DS, I found that once you get to a certain level of puzzle (15x15, maybe? It's been awhile...), the difficulty spikes to the point at which much of the casual enjoyment goes out the window.[/QUOTE]

The interface for Picross 3D is also a huge improvement over the one in Picross. They only made a few small tweaks, but they make all the difference.

[quote name='NEgami']then I forgot about it. It's now going for $36.33 on amazon. I guess I will try to find it used once I invest some time into Picross 3D.[/QUOTE]

If you end up falling in love with Picross 3D (...and it doesn't end up ruining your GPA), then PM me: I'd be willing to sell my copy for a reasonable price.

Also, I recently discovered that the eShop on 3DS contains Mario Picross, which was the original Gameboy version of Picross. It may be tough to pick up once you've adjusted to playing Picross with the stylus (and the price isn't so great b/c Nintendo runs the eShop), but it's at least worth thinking about.

I finished this 100% a couple weeks ago. Definitely easier than the 2D variety which I also finished 100%. Some of the "pictures" are pretty lame, but overall it's definitely a fun puzzle game.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Out of curiosity, how do you find out if something is out of print?[/QUOTE]

On Amazon under product details it will say "Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes," though it says this just at the point that the manufacturer isn't going to make any more; depending on the game a lot of times copies are still floating around for sale new long after that point.

Sort-of relatedly, Rhythm Heaven on the DS is another "discontinued by the manufacturer" game that you can get cheaply on Amazon--it's $4.96. I like that game a lot; I only own the import and should probably buy the U.S. version while I can still get it so cheap.

[quote name='AwRy108']If you end up falling in love with Picross 3D (...and it doesn't end up ruining your GPA), then PM me: I'd be willing to sell my copy for a reasonable price.
[/QUOTE]
Hey, many thanks for the offer. I might just take you up on that later, provided you still hold claim of it.

Mario Picross sounds pretty neat from what I read about it. I wasn't aware of that game, so I appreciate the suggestion. I don't want to side track your thread, but any other suggestions on addictive puzzle games (+ story based puzzlers like Layton) would be much appreciated.

bread's done
Back