Pikachu-Themed New 3DS XL MSRP $199.99 (2/24/17)

Damn, I didn't know about the Pokemon Yellow theme. Now I want one even more. Sucks I'll have to buy one later on as I just can't afford it now with the Switch coming out in one month.

They should, as they're a download just like any other item. Hope someone can say for sure, though.
Yes, themes are just like digital games you buy. They're part of your account and will transfer. You just need to go to the theme store on the 3DS (it's separate from the e-shop) to get them. If I'm not mistaken, the Pokemon Yellow theme came as a code with Japanese models. Maybe we'll get the same thing here.

Free release date delivery? Welp. Canceled my Best Buy order and snagged it on Amazon instead. Thanks for the link.

Free release date delivery? Welp. Canceled my Best Buy order and snagged it on Amazon instead. Thanks for the link.
did your best buy order not? mine did

i've never not gotten something by release day from best buy.

Yes, themes are just like digital games you buy. They're part of your account and will transfer. You just need to go to the theme store on the 3DS (it's separate from the e-shop) to get them. If I'm not mistaken, the Pokemon Yellow theme came as a code with Japanese models. Maybe we'll get the same thing here.
Thanks for the confirmation. And hopefully that code will come with this 3DS. Want to play Pokemon Yellow on this Pikachu edition 3DS and I want to have the Yellow theme to complete the experience. :p

Huh, didn't see that. Oh well, too late now. XD Husband and I both got an order in, pretty stoked.
Yeah, my Bestbuy order charged me nothing for shipping and it's set to arrive on release day. I'd have preferred an Amazon order, but I only saw the message 20 minutes after it was posted and it had sold out on Amazon. I guess Nintendo isnt supplying them with many.

I have 3 of these pre ordered. I need to cancel two. Is there any reason to keep a spare? I'd have to sit on it for value to jump right?
Personally, I'd wait until you have the console in-hand. I'd be afraid one of my pre-orders would get cancelled. I've been screwed by Gamestop.com in the past on pre-orders, and will only reserve in-store now.

Personally, I'd wait until you have the console in-hand. I'd be afraid one of my pre-orders would get cancelled. I've been screwed by Gamestop.com in the past on pre-orders, and will only reserve in-store now.
One at Best Buy one at GameStop and one at amazon. So not that worried just debating whether they're worth anything.

Most people don't open them and return it if they have an IPS screen. They return them when they get double TN or TN top and IPS bottom. You could get lucky and someone just returned it because they had a noisy hinge or a creaky backplate. Or you could get super duper lucky and it's an actual legit return that's never been opened.
My Lime Green New 3DS XL arrived. Yep, double TN screens. But the first owner had it long enough to add a screen protector on the bottom, get fingerprints all over said screen protector, and install Mario Kart 7 in addition to the SMW that was preinstalled.

Not bad. The box has a couple dents, but I'll keep it.

If anyone is still looking for it, Gamestop has the one bundled with the AC adapter back in stock. I'd post the link but I hardly use my account on here.

It was probably sold it for a little more than that, I can't remember exactly what it was and eBay won't show what I sold that long ago. I mainly resold it to take care of $100+ in Meijer credit.

Um...this may be a silly question but if I got my preorder through to best buy I should be good right?

I'm just worried that something may screw up on their end because I'm not seeing this 3DS XL really anywhere else or even different models lately. 

By now I had expected there to be more in stock but I guess not. 

Um...this may be a silly question but if I got my preorder through to best buy I should be good right?

I'm just worried that something may screw up on their end because I'm not seeing this 3DS XL really anywhere else or even different models lately.

By now I had expected there to be more in stock but I guess not.
i work for Best Buy's online department. Thank you for your inquiry on CAG, your order has been canceled.

If anyone is still desperate for one, Gamestop still has the AC adapter bundle open and now they've reopened the game+AC adapter bundles.

i think im going to cancel mine
Me too. I was days away from buying the Galaxy Style when this was announced, so I mainly jumped on the chance to get a limited version. This has gone back up for preorder so many times I have a feeling it's not even as limited as other versions, and I can get the Galaxy Style I originally wanted right meow. I also want to get that $25 bonus trade credit for my launch system.

If y'all got an Amazon order on this holla at ya boy. I really don't want to be forced to buy an extra charger lol

I just remembered I used a $35 certificate on my Best Buy preorder. I'm guessing I can't get that back if I cancel it? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
When ppl think its rare, they preorder. When it's not, ppl cancel them.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I like collecting rare stuff ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When this became available I thought at first it could turn out to be pretty limited, like the Nipplechu 3DS.

Also Gamestop has these in stock again if anyone is looking to buy one

It's not like grown men should ever have a panel preference on any device ever. Who cares about panel quality in handhelds, phones, tablets, monitors, and TVs anyway. That's just stupid.

It's not like grown men should ever have a panel preference on any device ever. Who cares about panel quality in handhelds, phones, tablets, monitors, and TVs anyway. That's just stupid.
Grown men that whine like babies because their screen doesnt look as good off-angle on a device designed to only be used straight on are dopes.

Seems you fail to understand all the advantages of IPS over TN, especially as it concerns super stable 3D. Or this is a sour grapes scenario. 

Either way, read up on an issue before you attempt to discuss it or make value judgements. Or check your ignorance at the door. Thanks

Wasn't even aware of the whole IPS thing before seeing it in this thread. I noticed my MH4U 3ds has one but my bro's Majoras Mask one does not. Hopefully my Pikachu one has one so I feel less awkward transferring everything.

bread's done
Back