Pikachu-Themed New 3DS XL MSRP $199.99 (2/24/17)

Seems you fail to understand all the advantages of IPS over TN, especially as it concerns super stable 3D. Or this is a sour grapes scenario.

Either way, read up on an issue before you attempt to discuss it or make value judgements. Or check your ignorance at the door. Thanks
I'm very well versed in it, thank you. I've bought and sold 20 Lime Green units over the past 2 months. I inspect each and every one of them before I sell them. Thanks to dopes that think IPS is clearly better than TN (it isn't. They each have their advantages and disadvantages), I was able to add a 50-100 dollar premium on units that had top IPS screens. I personally prefer TN due to much better black reproduction and better refresh rates. The huge advantage IPS has over TN is better off-angle viewing, which on a handheld designed to be looked at straight on is completely meaningless. On a Switch screen? Yes, TN would be disastrous. Preferring one over the other isn't a big deal. But returning unit after unit because you didnt get the one you want is just stupid. But kids gonna be kids.

So, let's make sure we recount this entire situation accurately:

First, a user asks a simple question, seeking information about the 3DS in a 3DS thread.

Then you--another user who has that exact information--decides to post without answering the question.

Instead, you proceed claim what you believe is some sort of moral high ground.

Only to later reveal that you have scalped 20 or more N3DS XL units. Oh yes, that is much better than returning an N3DS XL to a retailer so that someone else can purchase it at MSRP. Please tell us more.

:rofl:

Fun fact, I collect handhelds. I currently own 23 from the 3DS family, 8 of those being New 3DS units with top or dual IPS panels.

If you play using the 3D feature at all, IPS > TN. Hands down. IPS panel complements the super stable 3D feature, almost eliminating that annoying "sweet spot" issue that ruined the experience on OLD 3DS handhelds. Meanwhile, TN still suffers from some "sweet spot" and crosstalk problems.

I see you have that same copypaste answer about "better black reproduction" I see on many ebay listings. The truth of the matter? Blacks and all colors are washed out on TN panels in all the 3DS handhelds I own. You can easily see the difference when viewed straight on (to varying degrees depending on just how crappy that specific TN panel is). Black levels are deeper and colors are truer on IPS.

Failed to mentioned that images are more crisp even straight on with IPS.

But my absolute favorite portion of your argument is how you continue to declare viewing angle doesn't matter but directly follow that by citing refresh rates as a virtue of TN panels. Playing that many FPS games on 3DS, are you?

Look at the pros and cons of IPS and TN panels. There is a clear winner, given what tasks the 3DS sets out to accomplish. If you manage to get one, IPS panels are the way to go.

But hey, I get it, man--you're just a reseller. I can't expect you to actually see one of the biggest benefits of IPS panels in action if you don't actually use the 3DS to play games in 3D.

Stop whining about the dopes who are making you money. It takes a special kind of dope to whine about the cause of the profit he's made.

A level of genius such as this could only belong here. ---> https://slickdeals.net/

:wave:

I'm quoting these for posterity. It'd be a shame to forget what was done here this day rofl

ips makes grown men stupid.
Grown men that whine like babies because their screen doesnt look as good off-angle on a device designed to only be used straight on are dopes.
I'm very well versed in it, thank you. I've bought and sold 20 Lime Green units over the past 2 months. I inspect each and every one of them before I sell them. Thanks to dopes that think IPS is clearly better than TN (it isn't. They each have their advantages and disadvantages), I was able to add a 50-100 dollar premium on units that had top IPS screens. I personally prefer TN due to much better black reproduction and better refresh rates. The huge advantage IPS has over TN is better off-angle viewing, which on a handheld designed to be looked at straight on is completely meaningless. On a Switch screen? Yes, TN would be disastrous. Preferring one over the other isn't a big deal. But returning unit after unit because you didnt get the one you want is just stupid. But kids gonna be kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take this one with a grain of salt.

Just got off of Amazon CS just to ask if they either had open reservations or more in stock once it gets released, they basically said that they'll get more instock in the coming days.

2m0wQNi.png

So, let's make sure we recount this entire situation accurately:

First, a user asks a simple question, seeking information about the 3DS in a 3DS thread.

Then you--another user who has that exact information--decides to post without answering the question.

Instead, you proceed claim what you believe is some sort of moral high ground.

Only to later reveal that you have scalped 20 or more N3DS XL units. Oh yes, that is much better than returning an N3DS XL to a retailer so that someone else can purchase it at MSRP. Please tell us more.

:rofl:

Fun fact, I collect handhelds. I currently own 23 from the 3DS family, 8 of those being New 3DS units with top or dual IPS panels.

If you play using the 3D feature at all, IPS > TN. Hands down. IPS panel complements the super stable 3D feature, almost eliminating that annoying "sweet spot" issue that ruined the experience on OLD 3DS handhelds. Meanwhile, TN still suffers from some "sweet spot" and crosstalk problems.

I see you have that same copypaste answer about "better black reproduction" I see on many ebay listings. The truth of the matter? Blacks and all colors are washed out on TN panels in all the 3DS handhelds I own. You can easily see the difference when viewed straight on (to varying degrees depending on just how crappy that specific TN panel is). Black levels are deeper and colors are truer on IPS.

Failed to mentioned that images are more crisp even straight on with IPS.

But my absolute favorite portion of your argument is how you continue to declare viewing angle doesn't matter but directly follow that by citing refresh rates as a virtue of TN panels. Playing that many FPS games on 3DS, are you?

Look at the pros and cons of IPS and TN panels. There is a clear winner, given what tasks the 3DS sets out to accomplish. If you manage to get one, IPS panels are the way to go.

But hey, I get it, man--you're just a reseller. I can't expect you to actually see one of the biggest benefits of IPS panels in action if you don't actually use the 3DS to play games in 3D.

Stop whining about the dopes who are making you money. It takes a special kind of dope to whine about the cause of the profit he's made.

A level of genius such as this could only belong here. ---> https://slickdeals.net/

:wave:

I'm quoting these for posterity. It'd be a shame to forget what was done here this day rofl

Except I'm not a reseller. I just happened to take advantage of Nintendo's stupidity over the past two months of not properly supplying the US, and in doing so I funded a new Switch, PS4 Pro, headphones, a new 3DS XL etc etc. And the only person here parroting idiocy is you. Both screen types have plusses and minuses, but one thing will never change - if you return a bunch of properly functioning hardware simply because it has a TN screen instead of IPS, you're a dope.

Except I'm not a reseller. I just happened to take advantage of Nintendo's stupidity over the past two months of not properly supplying the US, and in doing so I funded a new Switch, PS4 Pro, headphones, a new 3DS XL etc etc. And the only person here parroting idiocy is you. Both screen types have plusses and minuses, but one thing will never change - if you return a bunch of properly functioning hardware simply because it has a TN screen instead of IPS, you're a dope.
You sold 20 3ds XLs and say you're not a reseller? Okay guy. Personally I don't give a shit. But be honest with yourself.

technically he's not a reseller, just a scalper.

the part about adding $50-100 for an ips screen made me laugh. that must be an ebay thing.

i traded my first 3ds for a 3ds xl with someone on craigslist.

the moment i saw the screen on the 3ds xl, i knew it was different and i liked it better. turns out it's an ips. that accelerated the trade process a bit :)

You sold 20 3ds XLs and say you're not a reseller? Okay guy. Personally I don't give a shit. But be honest with yourself.
A reseller on Amazon is actually labeled as such. I'm simply a seller, like any other person that sells something on Amazon or Ebay for whom its not their business. And to suggest that someone who resells something can't also be a person that is objective about what they're selling is just ignorant.

A reseller on Amazon is actually labeled as such. I'm simply a seller, like any other person that sells something on Amazon or Ebay for whom its not their business. And to suggest that someone who resells something can't also be a person that is objective about what they're selling is just ignorant.
seh6p.gif

A side business does not make you not that thing. Volunteer firemen are both firemen and their day job. Scalper, reseller, call it whatever you want. I never said you can't be objective about what you're selling I'm saying you denying and arguing about it makes you look like an idiot when you've sold 20+ of them.

I'm still trying to figure it out, are you a virgin or a person that has never had sex with a woman?

lol at the number of idiots who don't know the difference between sellers and resellers on Amazon. But then again, I forgot where I was. Should have known better than to engage anyone on this joke of a site.

lol at the number of idiots who don't know the difference between sellers and resellers on Amazon. But then again, I forgot where I was. Should have known better than to engage anyone on this joke of a site.
Are you the originator of the product? You produce the 3ds? No? You're a reseller you illiterate fuck.

You bought something privately and then resold it.  Not from a distributor or a manufacturer.   Someone sold it to you, who then sold it again. That's reselling.  It's you who doesn't know the difference. 

One at Best Buy one at GameStop and one at amazon. So not that worried just debating whether they're worth anything.

Well, I sold an extra old Pikachu 3DS for $270 a week after it launched. It's hard to say right now if this will be worth that at launch. Best Buy had it up for a while.
I really hate how CAG's have become THIS. Opportunistic gamers who will scalp when convenient...

I don't blame you guys specifically, as this is really more symptomatic of a bad economy, but... I can't help but wonder if there are better things to do with your time, or better ways to make money! I realize it's a collector's hobby, but scalping and flipping to get ahead is really lame. You're creating inflated value by buying multiple copies of items that should go around to ALL GAMERS. It's called "HOARDING" and it's a mental illness.

At the very least, it'd be nice if some of this conversation went back into the closet, where it belongs. I'm not sure it's a good thing to openly discuss flip values and ways to cheat out stores, giving every n00b on the internet an equal opportunity to steal a preorder from the busier section of gamers (who reasonably don't have time to stalk stores or call them ad nauseum).

I'm so disgusted by the hoarding, flipping behavior that I'll just grab this Pikachu 3DS if convenient. I'm not jumping through preorder hoops and windows that last 10 minutes. That's f*cked up. These are luxury items, not food and water. We shouldn't have to work so hard for this stuff (i.e. you don't work hard to PAY someone else! :rofl: ).

And f*ck Nintendo for their incompetence with manufacturing and supply. Either they're complicit or just stupid: either scenario being incredibly irritating to the average consumer, whilst lining the pockets of the average CAG, err, scalper!

I'm so disgusted by the hoarding, flipping behavior that I'll just grab this Pikachu 3DS if convenient. I'm not jumping through preorder hoops and windows that last 10 minutes. That's f*cked up. These are luxury items, not food and water. We shouldn't have to work so hard for this stuff (i.e. you don't work hard to PAY someone else! :rofl: ).

And f*ck Nintendo for their incompetence with manufacturing and supply. Either they're complicit or just stupid: either scenario being incredibly irritating to the average consumer, whilst lining the pockets of the average CAG, err, scalper!
Your other complaints are baseless because this system has been available to pre-order pretty much always. It's still even up at Gamestop.com.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-pokemon-pikachu-yellow-edition-with-nintendo-3ds-usb-ac-adapter/142117?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-aKfAFM2U9PKXHiaMSZHLUA

wonder if could break even on selling this....   trying  to see if worth using gamestop credit to flip it.. highly doubt it since you can still buy it...  think will cancel and try flipping the switch for break even..  had a few  people here locally said they would give me  320 for my switch

Funny watching everyone talk about flipping and value. I'm 99% sure I'm gonna use mine as my primary console for a while. I did it with the Pikachu XL, lot of people who noticed it loved it.

I'm sorry if this is a bit off-topic. I just bought a New 3ds XL with the galaxy print at Walmart but there wasn't any plastic wrapping around the box. Are they all sold like that even in new condition?

I really hate how CAG's have become THIS. Opportunistic gamers who will scalp when convenient...

I don't blame you guys specifically, as this is really more symptomatic of a bad economy, but... I can't help but wonder if there are better things to do with your time, or better ways to make money! I realize it's a collector's hobby, but scalping and flipping to get ahead is really lame. You're creating inflated value by buying multiple copies of items that should go around to ALL GAMERS. It's called "HOARDING" and it's a mental illness.
Just wanted to comment on this portion. If you are on this website, then you already are a gamer. More importantly, you are a cheap gamer who wants to game while spending as little out of pocket as you can. It's only natural that many members here flip items or speculate to make a profit to pay for their games.

You ask if there are better things to do with my time or to make money. For the flippers here, it is literally the easiest side job you can have. You are already on this website reading news and deals. It literally takes another 30 seconds to throw down a preorder for a just announced product. Then the product ends up at your home, you take 10 minutes to snap a pic and throw up an auction on eBay. Someone then buys it and you print out an auto-filled shipping label. Put the item back in the box you got it in, tape it up, and tape the shipping label back on the box. Drop it off at the post office and you're done.

It baffles my mind how people easily think they can get more $$$/time as visitors to this site. All of the good information you need is curated and posted here by other members. What other side job do you know that will pay as good as flipping for <1 hour of work while sitting at home or being on your phone? Please let me know because I need to make some more money.

Also flipping is not hoarding. If anything it is literally the opposite since you are trying to get rid of it.

I'm sorry if this is a bit off-topic. I just bought a New 3ds XL with the galaxy print at Walmart but there wasn't any plastic wrapping around the box. Are they all sold like that even in new condition?
Yes. They all like that with no seal. Nintendo been doing that since the original Wii

3DS boxes are not sealed. As long as everything inside looks good, then you're fine.

If you didn't want to get shitted on, you shouldn't have left this troll of a comment:

ips makes grown men stupid.
You tried to be an ass, you got shitted on. You get what you give.

Well if we can get back onto topic...

Gamestop now has put up a standalone listing for the system online and it seems they've been also taking instore preorders as well as I found out the other day when I stopped into a local store.

So as of now if people have forgotten, you can get the system at gamestop now on it's own, bundled with an A/C adapter, or bundled with a adapter and choice of Sun or Moon game. But don't forget about the possibility of it getting restocked sometime soon on Amazon as I posted earlier.

Lol. This thing damn sure can't be limited. It's still up for preorder and I can't see GameStop overselling for this long.

Lol. This thing damn sure can't be limited. It's still up for preorder and I can't see GameStop overselling for this long.
Remember, the market for 3DS is much lower now since vast majority of handheld gamers now have a 3DS. Plus you got the switch coming out just 1 week later. Even if they limit it close to that of the previous Pikachu 3DS, it'll take much longer to sell out cause demand for 3Ds is nowhere near as it was compared to even this time last year.

Remember, the market for 3DS is much lower now since vast majority of handheld gamers now have a 3DS. Plus you got the switch coming out just 1 week later. Even if they limit it close to that of the previous Pikachu 3DS, it'll take much longer to sell out cause demand for 3Ds is nowhere near as it was compared to even this time last year.
That's a good point but I feel like as soon as this went up for preorder, scalpers went crazy ordering as many possible with hopes of making a good profit. Along with scalpers, collectors also were ordering asap. To be up this long, either it isn't near as limited as the first one or GameStop is getting the majority of stock from Nintendo

got to go in this week and cancel  no   way this is going to flip for break even cash.... hopefully switch will... hate having  1000 credit at gamestop

I doubt this is going to flip for much compared to the original Pikachu 3DS. Mine is going to ship but probably going to just keep one and return the other.

got to go in this week and cancel no way this is going to flip for break even cash.... hopefully switch will... hate having 1000 credit at gamestop
Just FYI I got an email for an eBay bucks promotion. 10% for anything you buy OR SELL. Basically negating eBay fee if you're okay with having some credit on eBay instead.

I bit the bullet and got myself one from Walmart, let's hope Nintendo keeps their word and doesn't kill it because of the Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05apMRHw8ZM

It's so yellow! :D

I love the colored buttons inside with the bright yellow color. I really have no business keeping my preorder with the money I'm dropping in March. But I just can't resist :'(

I preorder mine thru gamestop with the charger bundle. It shipped yesterday and arrived today but was just the charger. Anyone else have the happen?
Mine will be here tomorrow... charger that is. System still not shipped yet. Which is annoying because I was trying cancel it since I secured an in store order.

It's so yellow! :D

I love the colored buttons inside with the bright yellow color. I really have no business keeping my preorder with the money I'm dropping in March. But I just can't resist :'(
Looks pretty good. So do her tits which is obviously her only selling point.

bread's done
Back