Pikachu-Themed New 3DS XL MSRP $199.99 (2/24/17)

My order with Walmart for pikachu is still sitting at "we're processing " stage and still has a delivery date of today.
People here were posting that they hoped it wasn't another Black Friday fiasco.
What exactly happened? They cancelled orders?
I only had shipping option when I placed it Wednesday and was a little surprised they had a 2/24 delivery date.

Bc of this I put an alert for BB and around 1:35am got one there, didn't want to lose out. Waiting on that order to see if I actually get it, delivery date 3/3/17.
I requested a cancellation but it is still showing as processing. I was unaware of WM's f-up on Black Friday so I made a rookie mistake, never again, unless it's something super cheap that I have no rush in getting my hands on

I requested a cancellation but it is still showing as processing. I was unaware of WM's f-up on Black Friday so I made a rookie mistake, never again, unless it's something super cheap that I have no rush in getting my hands on
My order switch to ship, but tracking shows something like info received by carrier or carrier does not package at hand. Something odd I've never seem bf.

My order with Walmart for pikachu is still sitting at "we're processing " stage and still has a delivery date of today.
People here were posting that they hoped it wasn't another Black Friday fiasco.
What exactly happened? They cancelled orders?
I only had shipping option when I placed it Wednesday and was a little surprised they had a 2/24 delivery date.

Bc of this I put an alert for BB and around 1:35am got one there, didn't want to lose out. Waiting on that order to see if I actually get it, delivery date 3/3/17.

FYI: I also ordered two Switches through Walmart (not for reselling, just to have backups in case something happened with an order), and they don't show up in the Orders page on Walmart.com. Walmart really is the worst. Not trusting them anymore either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also whoever told me off that Amazon is usually untrustworthy, if you saw my actual original post I said to take it with a grain of salt.

Also eat it nerd.

Speaking of flippers, the average pikachu 3ds xl is going for $240 free shipping, according to my calculations using Basic Store discount and $8 shipping (should be about this more or less), unless they are tax exempt, if they paid tax on the console, wouldn't they be selling it at a loss? 

Thinking about getting one of these from Amazon. Would anyone be interesting in buying my Majora's Mask 3DS for $200+shipping?

Got my unit from Amazon today, both screens are TN. :( Will just stick with my Fire Emblem Fates unit, where at least the bottom screen is IPS.

I really don't like the direction we're headed with Amazon's virtual monopoly.   Granted I'm a Prime member.   But things are going totally in the wrong direction as far as fair competition in e-commerce. 

You're going to start hearing about this more and more in the next year as it becomes a bigger concern. 

Just got my system. What's the best way to tell if its an IPS or TN?
The IPS screens are much more vivid but take a little more power and black levels are are not as good. They also have a much wider viewing angle. Easiest way to tell is to tip the 3ds a bit and if you can still see the screen fine, it is IPS.

IMG_0667_1.jpg

Going to GS to cancel the pre order I forgot about. BB unit arrived today but not sure if I am going to keep it. Way too many 3DS systems and I have not figured out a way to display them so they are just stacked up on a shelf.

FYI: I also ordered two Switches through Walmart (not for reselling, just to have backups in case something happened with an order), and they don't show up in the Orders page on Walmart.com. Walmart really is the worst. Not trusting them anymore either.
I shared this earlier, I ordered a galaxy from them and went to pick it up, I wasn't going to pick up until next day but changed my mind.
The guy in front of me was having a bad day, they couldn't his order. A second employee came from back with an item and gave it to first and said it was his. The first said no bitvtelanted and game it to customer.
I gave my order and guess what they gave the guy in front of me mine. The employee chased him down and got the item.
If I had gone next day, order gone and no way to track.
This happened to me once after I waited over half an hr on pick up line, order was gone. Sorry next.

I had the yellow guy in my amazon cart at $199, just for hell of it.
Made dinner ate and about an hr later I refresh my tab on phone, guess what price is now $249.
I was like WTF it sold out and I thought they must have put in another seller item.
Went back to yellows listing page and guess what it's $249 just like Walmart.
I know it was initially $199 Bc I remember thinking serves those other bottom feeders that Amazon is selling yellow again.

No if only they'd sell more greens. 4 sellers and low price over $450.

We know you can't price match Amazon, but I do believe Walmart has price matching online. And GS still has it for 199.99 soooo

We know you can't price match Amazon, but I do believe Walmart has price matching online. And GS still has it for 199.99 soooo
Don't be fooled GS still states $199 but in addition they add on a shipping and a processing and handling charge.
Day one that I noticed this it was about $13 the next time I put any of the Nintendo stuff in the minimum was about $16.
Not a &50 jump but still. And on return you lose the shipping and handling charges.
BTW Walmart was charging shipping or at least they were yesterday when I tried.

I am entirely new to Nintendo and cheapassgamer.

Anyway the stated maximum size for the micro sd card that the new 3ds xl can take is 32gb.
I did a web search and people r saying if u reformate the cards to I believe FAT32, it might have been exFAT, that you could go all the way to sandisk, max at time, 200gb.
Thye also say for most people the 64gb should be plenty.

BTW shouldn't the title of this thread say "msrp $199.99, but expect to get ripped of to tune of $249.99."

Is there a reason why you guys aren't buying this from GameStop? It's available still. Picked mine up but I think I will sell it, I don't actually need it.

Edit: nevermind, it did sell out

I think I would like it if Nintendo models off their website confirmed to have dual ips for a little extra money. Playing the lottery just seems stupid.

I really really hate to tell u this tomorrow is Saturday and UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday. Only if it's one of those cheaper partner deals they have with USPS.
bummer. thanks for the heads up. i was hoping to make a trip to BB to do a return/rebuy along with other errands.

Don't spread false info. I've received USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL shipments on Saturday before. I'm not sure how or why, but I've even received the rare Sunday shipment before.

Also...why did you decide to come to CAG? Aren't you from SlickDeals?

Got it from Gamestop online today with free shipping, though I'm not sure if I'll keep it. Anyone know of a good/cheap 3ds charger? Wasn't able to get the bundle.

Got it from Gamestop online today with free shipping, though I'm not sure if I'll keep it. Anyone know of a good/cheap 3ds charger? Wasn't able to get the bundle.
Amazon has the official one or you can get one refurbished directly from Nintendo. Honestly I think the price is the same whether you get it from either place? Around 10

Surprised to see my GameStop order arrive today. Bought the $199 version. Free shipping, no processing fee. Probably because I'm Pro member.

Welp my pikachu 3ds screens are TN and the other system I sold are dual IPS :(
Maybe it's just me but I don't completely mind the TN screens. Most of my 3DS XL's have a TN and IPS top or bottom, and looking at them side by side, while the IPS may be slightly nicer it's not a big enough difference to me.. while looking at the screens directly anyway. The difference is mostly noticeable when looking at the screens at an angle but who plays games like that anyway?

Maybe it's just me but I don't completely mind the TN screens. Most of my 3DS XL's have a TN and IPS top or bottom, and looking at them side by side, while the IPS may be slightly nicer it's not a big enough difference to me.. while looking at the screens directly anyway. The difference is mostly noticeable when looking at the screens at an angle but who plays games like that anyway?
I must say I completely agree.

Is there a reason why you guys aren't buying this from GameStop? It's available still. Picked mine up but I think I will sell it, I don't actually need it.

Edit: nevermind, it did sell out
Most people don't shop at Gamestop when they have a choice. They act like they are doing you a favor by selling you a New item. Or else on Gamestop.com you have to pay shipping for any pre-order. For weeks it has only been available on their website in bundle form. Because Gamestop.

I just got notice black at GS and tried to add yellow to my cart and check out and it goes thru.
So go there if u really want one. For The two S&H was $17 for me.

Freaking Walmart shipped my 3ds even though I requested a cancellation saying it arrives on the 28th, so my for their "Arrives by Feb 24th" claim. I'm going to refuse the package or return it to the store. Are these worth flipping?

Don't spread false info. I've received USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL shipments on Saturday before. I'm not sure how or why, but I've even received the rare Sunday shipment before.

Also...why did you decide to come to CAG? Aren't you from SlickDeals?
I good friends with my ups guy.
Only way u can get Saturday delivery is by paying for Saturday delivery, and I doubt that the paid for that. Only time an exception was made was the Christmas bf last, when Amazon orders went thru the roof and every carrier fell behind.
I said nothing about fedex or usps, I only commented about ups which is what was said was the delivery format.
So unless the shipper paid for weekend delivery with ups, only way the package will arrive is if it a shipping ticket that is partner with usps.
Any BB, Walmart or GameStop order if you note will always quote an extra 2 days more for delivery if the carrier is ups and it falls on week.

bread's done
Back