Pikmin 2: Two Covers?

Shady3011

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (98%)
I'm not sure whether I'm paranoid or just plain confused. However, I've seen two box arts on the net for this game. Is there something I'm not aware of or was one them an early concept that was never used?

Alright, I need to post pictures since this is getting even more confusing.

Pikmin_2_Case.jpg

250px-Pikmin_2_Case.jpg

I have the first case cover.

No, the US cover is the first. It's the version I have and the only version I've ever seen in the states. The second cover is the PAL version that's found in Europe.

the 2nd one doesnt look like a pal version cover. the nintendo seal for pal games is more rounded.

edit: since the 2nd cover shows RP (rating pending) i think it's probably a press release cover before the game came out. so the cover probably changed and that cover might not of been released.

I have the first one as well, and I bought mine in the US. But I believe that a lot of people have the 2nd one too even tough they're in the US.

I would imagine the 2nd wasn't the offical cover as it's rating code says RP. Isn't that rating pending?
Maybe it was preview artwork

[quote name='dv8mad']I would imagine the 2nd wasn't the offical cover as it's rating code says RP. Isn't that rating pending?
Maybe it was preview artwork[/quote]

No, it is, because it's the cover I see everytime I see a copy of the game at GS or a video store.

Maybe Nintendo printed different covers for different printings of the game?

[quote name='evilmrhenry']http://www.mobygames.com/game/gamecube/pikmin-2/cover-art[/quote]

This.

First cover was the US version, second cover was printed (mainly) for Canada, as it has both French and English on the back of the box. The second cover was also the PAL release cover.

I would imagine they sent both covers to the US. Since the game is the same, and the second cover still has English instructions too, there's no reason why they shouldn't/couldn't.

bread's done
Back