Pinball FX 2 - Free Paranormal table from 10/26 to 11/2!!!

[quote name='sp8001']Why don't you like FX2?

Archer table sounds SWEET! Thanks for the heads up Spy.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is saying they don't like FX2. I booted it up again last night to have some fun in Spider-Man and Wolverine...

It's just that the ball doesn't feel quite like pinball. It's way too easy to trap the ball in FX2. It's way too predictable, making you feel like an expert when you might not really be any good at pinball. It's like I could make the ball do almost whatever I wanted. And I'm a very average pinball player.

For people that have never played true mechanical pinball machines and who grew up on FX2, I can see the allure of FX2. The fire trail on the ball and it flies across the screen. The characters jumping around the table. The ball magically disappearing in Spider-Man (thanks, Mysterio!).

But yeah, there's plenty of room for both Pinball Arcade and FX2. FX2 for the fantastical designs. PA for the realism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdhWO3FHHYg

Avengers Pinball trailer revealed.

Personally I think this is going to be the "star" of the new Marvel 4 pack. With 6 different character themed balls to choose from, each with their own unique benefits for scoring... this table looks fantastic.

Game Informer First Look: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...first-look-at-the-avengers-pinball-table.aspx

Marvel's Chris Baker Behind the Scenes: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/04/five-cool-things-about-marvels-the-avengers-pinball/

The table lighting looks amazing! Also, could this be the first table with a 6 ball multiball mode? I hope so :D!

I'm interested to hear your guys thought on this new table and 4 pack. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've heard it is great. I'm definitely looking forward to these new Zen creations.

Still no concrete release date, but Zen is pushing to release this month... but MS has the final say. And just like all the 4 packs before it, it will cost 800 MSP ($10).

EDIT: Here is some gameplay footage from GamesRadar... http://www.gamesradar.com/zen-pinball-2-kicks-marvel-pinball-avengers-chronicles/ I just wish the player was more skilled and could show off more of the table lol. Oh well, it still looks awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
tylerh1701 posted this link in the XBL DotW thread. Figured anyone following this thread would like the heads up as well.

EDIT: I guess the link doesn't work anymore. Anyway, it was to a story saying the next Marvel 4 pack of tables is coming next week. The link not working anymore has me wondering if the tables will be delayed.

[quote name='intoxicated662']No trial for the avengers table, what happened? Hope they update it soon to give us a trial.[/QUOTE]

Yea no demo is kind of strange. All of them are great though. I only had enough time to play 1 game on each this morning... but I must say, I am very VERY impressed. These are some of Zen's best tables. I can't wait to dive deeper into them.

As shipwreck mentioned, these new tables only have 1 cheevo each instead of the usual 3. I guess there is some sort of restriction on number of cheevos in a game (maybe 99).

See you guys on the leaderboards.

:applause:

That is all... nah lol j/k but yeah Zen Studios outdid themselves here.

I usually don't get the trials of the tables but then again I am a Pinball FX 2 fan. Now each table of this pack I played I was like oh this is my favorite table, oh wait no this is my favorite table. Lol each table has sooooo much personality, it's amazing. Really enjoying World War Hulk, Zen really captured the feel of Hulk flying around. Of course the staple Avengers table is also the spotlight of the pack, although Infinity Guantlet is pretty bad ass too. In last but not least is Fear Itself, which just feels so weird and fresh that I love it as well. :bouncy:

Here are the table's trailers: :applause:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYKQiBi3TC4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma9onTpSk6M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkLoaoybrAI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BRbvI8wGg

Yeah, really awesome tables in Avengers Chronicles, which I picked up a couple of nights ago. I usually gravitate towards one or two tables in these packs but I thoroughly enjoy every one of these.

I'm wondering if we can discuss methods for the achievements with some of you gurus? The Zen forums aren't always very helpful with that.

So World War Hulk is an easy one. Just spell out arena in the center lane and go up the ramp.

Saving Cap's ball from draining on Avengers is straightforward but annoying to try to do. I just don't usually have the instant wherewithal to depress the flipper and nudge at the exact time. I don't think I'll be spending a lot of time with this.

I activated Blitzkrieg on Fear Itself from the random reward off the end of the left flipper and got flustered and drained the ball. Is it easy enough to complete? I saw something about hitting targets but no indicators saying where they were.

How do you get the Surfer Award on Infinity Gauntlet. Totally lost on this one.

Thanks for any help.

[quote name='gubmccargen']How do you get the Surfer Award on Infinity Gauntlet. Totally lost on this one. [/QUOTE]

I've done it... Not really sure how I did it without looking for the solution. LOL

Anyhow, this is taken from Trueachievements.com

[quote name='Ninjasmacks']to Score the Surfer award you must first unlock it by running the ball off of "the board" ramp 5 times. The "the board" ramp is the shiny silver surf board that is on the right side of the table. The ball usually falls right to it when you start the game. If you hit the ball on the far right ramp that reaches the bumpers you can get to "the board" ramp again.

Once you do this 5 times Silver Surfer will then surf to the far left orbit. Once you hit the left orbit or the orbit that's directly underneath "the board" ramp. the achievement will unlock.[/quote]

Link: http://www.trueachievements.com/a165394/surfin-in-space-achievement.htm?showguides=1

Assemble the Team for the X-Men table finally popped for me. I was so excited when it did, I've played that table for a while now without getting that one.

Awesome, thank you inmate. I'm going to have to try that later. It sounds simple enough but we shall see.

Nice one, spy. Seeing your scores I'm surprised you have trouble with any of these!

[quote name='gubmccargen']Awesome, thank you inmate. I'm going to have to try that later. It sounds simple enough but we shall see.

Nice one, spy. Seeing your scores I'm surprised you have trouble with any of these![/QUOTE]

Well there's a difference between getting multiball and keeping it alive for a while then hitting a sequence of ramps or one over and over again. Still gotta work on my accuracy. ;)

[quote name='eastx']Promised this a while back... My interview with Zen Studios just went live. It's packed with choice development details and exclusive concept art. Hope ya like it.[/QUOTE]

Good stuff. Should of asked him when the PS3/PSN Version of Ninja Gaiden Pinball Table is coming to Xbox 360 & WP7.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Good stuff. Should of asked him when the PS3/PSN Version of Ninja Gaiden Pinball Table is coming to Xbox 360 & WP7.[/QUOTE]

Dang, I totally would've asked about that if I'd heard of it before. Thanks for reading, man. :)

Sweet!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuViFJQEXk8&feature=player_embedded
• New effects! The table becomes fogged over during the “Going Nuts” mission and players can use a genuine Melon-Pult to keep zombies at bay!
• Preparation is the key to victory: Collect money and sunlight in times of peace to purchase the plants that will fight off the zombies
• New XBLA Achievement: “You Have Mail” (50 GS)
Super Awesome, I'm so there!

So the new Plants vs Zombies table will be out today, anyone else picking it up (I would question getting any more tables but I love PvZ)?!

[quote name='Spybreak8']So the new Plants vs Zombies table will be out today, anyone else picking it up (I would question getting any more tables but I love PvZ)?![/QUOTE]

I got it yesterday. Will have full impressions up later today... Basically it's great and easier than many past tables. The single Achievement is a cinch to get.

Also note that one of the Marvel tables packs (the one with X-men) is half off through Sunday!

I don't actually like PvZ the game that much, but I appreciate it anyway, and definitely appreciate Pop-Cap's sense of humor, so I'm tempted to buy the FX2 table, but I'm going to try not to be swayed because the FX2 machine designs I'm generally not very happy with. I'll be interested to hear your opinion of it, Spybreak8.

My playthrough:

I'm a big PvZ fan and Zen did it right, this table oozes Plants vs Zombies (if you liked PvZ you'll like this table). I wish they'd do a Castle Crasher table next, they could really tie into the XBLA hits (granted PvZ released on PC initially). The table has many lanes that you'll constantly hit with a few ways to grab challenges and other game modes via hitting two "pits" on the table. We also see an iconic crazy individual shows up and helps out with his blue pinto, after which activating results in different plant bonuses.

There's also a currency system in play which ties to PvZ. Threw out play you'll collect sun from the sunflower that sprinkles it across the table, you can activate a frenzy to receive more, to purchase the different plants at your disposal. Each plant has a special ability related to how they act in the PvZ world. There can be some chaotic zombie sequences so they are very useful. I kept saying out loud as I was playing, this is crazy (when fog was on the board and zombies were all gunnin' for me)! I loved it.

The advantage of video pinball, compared to real life pinball, is that you aren't limited to you know reality (I do enjoy virtual simulated physical tables too). The ability for the zombies to materialize and crumble when hit was I thought pretty neat. The effects of fog on the table was really awesome and felt like again, PvZ. The art style to the table feels like it was done by PopCap.

I actually mustered quite a high score of 400K+ and haven't read the rules of the table yet. It is a fun high scoring table like Spiderman imo, multi-ball is easily obtainable and jackpots can be achieved back to back. The only thing I might dock this table is the plant dialogue sfx can get annoying in the long run but that's my opinion about most of the new tables. At first Ccoo coo Combo was funny but it became an old joke fairly quickly. I can see myself playing this a lot more.

The singer in PvZ is Laura Shigihara, the game's composer. While PvZ Pinball features arrangements of her actual music, I don't believe she provides the narration for it. Could ask the devs though.

I'm pretty sure all the vocal clips throughout the PvZ table was narrated by her. Or it's someone impersonating her...

[quote name='dirtyvu']I'm pretty sure all the vocal clips throughout the PvZ table was narrated by her. Or it's someone impersonating her...[/QUOTE]

Very well then - we shall soon see!

Okay, the voice in Plants vs. Zombies Pinball definitely came from PopCap as opposed to Zen. No word yet on who provided the voice, but this tidbit seems to be a sign in favor of it coming from Laura.

It's Laura. her voice is very distinctive and I'm a huge fan of her.

there were a couple times when it didn't sound like her so it's possible they got a voice actor to emulate her. but I doubt it.

[quote name='eastx']First, I'm not pleased with the Civil War table. The ramps are too steep and the talking gets old.

Anyway, to settle a past disagreement... Laura Shigihara confirms that she did not voice the Plants vs. Zombies table:

https://twitter.com/supershigi/status/271537027932102656[/QUOTE]

wouldn't it be funny if they used the recorded clips and didn't let her know so they wouldn't have to pay her for it?

So I decided to play some FX 2 today and oh hey check it out, Zen Pinball Classic tables. Checked out their site and in December this was posted.
Zen Classics is now available for Pinball FX2 on Xbox LIVE® Arcade! Download Now!
Zen_Classics_PFX2_key_art.jpg
Niiiice! (Is it sad that I have their game on 3DS too, although I haven't picked up the Marvel tables with that device.

Also while checking out my achievements I unlocked and the ones I don't have with FX 2 I stumbled across some Star Wars table achievements. OH!

I can't wait to pick up the Star Wars table(s?) for Windows 8. Got confirmation on their site that Win8 was a supported platform for the table.

Trying to spread pinball across more devices instead of just the 360.

I don't know why I want it, because I'm not a fan of their games, but I am drawn to the Star Wars license. Is the Star Wars game going to be an add-on to FX2 or a standalone title?

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't know why I want it, because I'm not a fan of their games, but I am drawn to the Star Wars license. Is the Star Wars game going to be an add-on to FX2 or a standalone title?[/QUOTE]

Like all of their tables, it is an add-on.

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't know why I want it, because I'm not a fan of their games, but I am drawn to the Star Wars license. Is the Star Wars game going to be an add-on to FX2 or a standalone title?[/QUOTE]

It is an add-on, but the PFX2 shell is free. You don't need to buy any other tables to get Star Wars.

Picked up the Star Wars tables and tried them out a bit this morning. For the most part, I like them, but I'm not crazy about the Boba Fett Table. Maybe it's because I'm terrible at it. There's a flipper on the left side that I've stopped using because every time I use it, it knocks my ball straight into the right-hand drain. Every single frikkin time. Also, when the ball drops into the left inlane, it rolls down so quickly that it's easy to have it roll right past your left flipper and out. I lost several balls that way this morning. Then again, I've got slow old-man reflexes, so maybe most people won't find either of those things to be an issue.

picked it up today for my desktop/laptops. so far have only played the empire strikes back and the boba fett tables. like the empire strikes back one more.

I like the Empire one the least - it reminds me of xmen. Doesn't seem like there's much to do. While I don't like watching anything clone wars related, I like the table. The boba fett one isn't too bad either.

the Empire one... it blew my mind when I went into jedi training and it switched to that first person view and I was trying to block the laser shots!

somehow, it seems like they the voice samples aren't the real ones. it's like they used fake voice actors to say the lines. that definitely doesn't sound like Harrison Ford.

Sooo was sick today and played a lot of the Star Wars tables. I'd rank them Ep V, Clone Wars, Boba Fett in my eyes. Yah Boba Fett, I just don't like it as much as the others but they all bring something fun to the table. My main thing with any pinball table is long long drawn out lines of dialogue and for whoever decided to have Boba Fett mouth off at the beginning every single time is an idiot, yeah that got old fast. One of that table's saving graces though is the WHIP ball save that can be activated fairly easily. Really crazy with some of these multiballs too.

After reading the rule sheets and knowing what to do, yeah wow these tables are pretty fun.

[quote name='dirtyvu']the Empire one... it blew my mind when I went into jedi training and it switched to that first person view and I was trying to block the laser shots!

somehow, it seems like they the voice samples aren't the real ones. it's like they used fake voice actors to say the lines. that definitely doesn't sound like Harrison Ford.[/QUOTE]
That is really weird seeing how Zen was talking about how every sound effect and voice sample were at their dispose whenever they needed them.

bread's done
Back