Pinball FX 2 table "Paranormal" Free Now - Nov. 2

thorbahn3

Staff member
Feedback
5 (100%)
[quote name='ZerotypeX']Its up, a link for the lazy

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Paranormal-Full/2a8da0a9-f7e9-4150-bd85-af2b5e6bba5a[/QUOTE]

The new Pinball FX 2 "Paranormal" will be free for one week. The game itself is free so if you download the table and the game you're paying nothing.

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i8gYlkh35QE

"Hi Everyone! Yes, Paranormal will be a FREE download for one week only. It's a bit of a 1 year Pinball FX2 anniversary celebration, and we really wanted to say "thanks" for all of the support over the past year.

Once you download the table it is yours FOREVER.

The FREE download period is Oct 26 - Nov 2.

If you have friends who are experiencing Pinball FX2 for the first time, please make sure they download the FREE Pinball FX2 platform from Marketplace when they download Paranormal.

Once again, thank you all for supporting Zen Studios. It's been a great year for us and we are happy to give something back to you, our fans."

Source: http://www.trueachievements.com/n5947/paranormal-table-for-pinball-fx-2-will-be-free.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Played it, enjoyed it for a few hours so far. I can't seem to get "Ghost Sighting" achievement though, but I did get the other 2. Not sure how to get up into the top of haunted house yet without getting super lucky, and at the point I'm not sure what I need to do once I'm there. I'm tempted to get some other tables now though.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Paranormal has been out for quite a while. Pnball FX tables are decent in general, but they all lack proper ball physics. Play the Williams Collection and you'll see what real pinball plays like. [/QUOTE]

I agree. The ball in FX feels like you're hitting a hollow plastic ball. It doesnt seem like it has weight to it. Also I hate how some of the tables obstruct your view of the ball when it comes back down in the flipper lane. It's nice to know someones still making pinball videogames, but id rather play the Hall of Fame version, already sinked over 100+ hours in that game.

[quote name='Zbornak']You might want to look at this, as that's exactly what Farsight Studios (makers of The Williams Collection) is doing :)[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I can't wait!
Of all the games I own, The Williams Collection gets most of my time. I have like 20 PS3 games in my backlog that I still havent touched.

[quote name='Zbornak']You might want to look at this, as that's exactly what Farsight Studios (makers of The Williams Collection) is doing :)[/QUOTE]

oh god this is the best news ever.

The reason this is so different from Williams is those are real pinball tables that were designed to eat your money.

Thank you very much for the link, I am waiting for the call of duty system to release on November 8th so I would not have been able to get this without the direct download link on the website.

Thanks for the 411 on the new Pinball Arcade coming out soon. Now, to be honest, I can't see myself buying anymore Pinball FX tables. I had always hoped somebody would bring out "real" tables, especially ones I've played/owned at one time or another. Can't wait!

Maybe Marvel Pinball will go on sale soon since that Pinball Arcade is out.

Thanks again for the heads up. Free table for this game is amazing. Ill take as many as I can get.

Thx for the link. Didn't hear about this one yet.

If anyone wants to boost their wizard score please add me on live. stabacadaver. Thx.

Just got into Pinball FX2 recently thanks to a friend. Grabbed like half the tables and now this one (free = awesome).

Wanting to get the Marvel tables someday if there is ever a deal.

Keeping my eyes peeled for a cheaper copy of Pinball Hall of Fame too. Though this new game Pinball Arcade sounds like a buy to me next year.

thanks for the posting, OP. much appreciated!

i only have the classic tables (as i bought pinbal FX after it was taken from the marketplace, and my bud said it wouldn't go through. it did). this is great, as i hate spending money on these tables with so much other dlc, and the potential of them going on sale (most likely, the very next week after i bought them, lol).

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Thanks for the 411 on the new Pinball Arcade coming out soon. Now, to be honest, I can't see myself buying anymore Pinball FX tables. I had always hoped somebody would bring out "real" tables, especially ones I've played/owned at one time or another. Can't wait![/QUOTE]

Neat find:
http://www.facebook.com/phofwilliams

FarSight Studious is going to be bringing real tables to XBLA, as well
as other services.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I think it's only 54MB or something like that. Very small to worry about the amount of space..lol[/QUOTE]Plus the PFX2 core game as well right? Can I delete the core game with the trials of the other tables and just play this standalone?

I keep arcade games under a gig on the 4GB portion of my 360 so I try to save space on there.

[quote name='Tha Doc']Plus the PFX2 core game as well right? Can I delete the core game with the trials of the other tables and just play this standalone?

I keep arcade games under a gig on the 4GB portion of my 360 so I try to save space on there.[/QUOTE]

You need the game and the tables to play, you can't remove the game and just play the table.

Paranormal is pretty fun, I imagine trying to beat the Haunted House for the last achievement I have left will give me nightmares for an entirely different reason.

I grabbed it but i had to keep redownloading it for my system to actually get it. It wouldnt give me the pop up dl complete either. I finally got it though but i actually sat and watched the dl bar fill.

bread's done
Back