Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection XBOX 360 $29.99 pre-order at Amazon

[quote name='robodaddyo']I got three emails from Newegg, yesterday, in the span of one hour where they said they confirmed my order of this game, then confirmed it was going to be shipped, then they confirmed that they didn't have enough stock and are canceling my order. Those bastards. I saw Amazon had it at 29.99 shipped so I jumped on it last night. Whew! I need this game.[/QUOTE]

Newegg really screwed up big time on the pre-orders for this game (both PS3 and 360). Thankfully Amazon stepped up with great prices on both versions.

Newegg's still great for buying computer parts and even games when they're in stock, but I think I'll avoid pre-ordering from them for now on.

Mine arrived today, also with the $0.50 refund email.

However, the dumbfuck that packed my package packed the game in a huge bubble mailer, so it moved around in shipment, and the disc popped out and was scratched up. Plus ended up getting squished next to something, since there's a dent in the front of the case.

Amazon is sending me a replacement, should get it either tomorrow or Friday.

[quote name='shrike4242']Mine arrived today, also with the $0.50 refund email.

However, the dumbfuck that packed my package packed the game in a huge bubble mailer, so it moved around in shipment, and the disc popped out and was scratched up. Plus ended up getting squished next to something, since there's a dent in the front of the case.

Amazon is sending me a replacement, should get it either tomorrow or Friday.[/QUOTE]

I also got the .50 refund.

Mine had the whole cover slashed right down the middle. Ordered my replacement as well.

I live in AZ and mine arrived yesterday in perfect condition. We have a huge Amazon warehouse in Buckeye, AZ which is right outside of Phoenix. Not sure if Amazon has a warehouse in every state but it sure makes shipping super fast!!

[quote name='ace50421']I live in AZ and mine arrived yesterday in perfect condition. We have a huge Amazon warehouse in Buckeye, AZ which is right outside of Phoenix. Not sure if Amazon has a warehouse in every state but it sure makes shipping super fast!![/QUOTE]

Did you go with the Free Super Saver shipping? Looking at the tracking on mine it says it shipped from Indiana which is fairly close, hoping it will get here before the estimated arrival time of the 30th!

PS3 version is gimped if you care about trophies.
Very disappointing. Cancelled my order. I'll get it used someday, don't want to support sloppy work.

[quote name='dallow']PS3 version is gimped if you care about trophies.
Very disappointing. Cancelled my order. I'll get it used someday, don't want to support sloppy work.[/QUOTE]

Care to explain why it's "gimped"?

Metacritic has it @82% (PS3) @84% (X360) which is pretty high scores.

I believe he's disappointed because there's no Platinum trophy (according to IGN).

Apparently there aren't as many Trophies compared to the 360s Achievements.

I got the 360 version which only shipped today.

I need to ask about the .50 refund. :p

Just scooped this up for $26.54 with the ECA discount. After watching some of the videos and looking at some screen shots of this game I couldn't resist. :)

[quote name='pimpster4183']Is this the same as the PSP version?[/QUOTE]

Differences from PSP version (and Wii version):
+ 3 more tables including Medieval Madness
+ Achievements/Trophies depending on version
+ High-def graphics...makes it a lot more enjoyable. You want this.

o I think some of the goal requirements changed slightly. I believe at least one of the score targets dropped.

- (vs. PSP version) Not portable.
- (vs. Wii version) Control scheme is not quite as satisfying.

Bottom line: buy them all. I already had the Wii version...just bought both the PSP and 360 versions. The games are well worth it.

The best possible version would have high-def graphics, the Wii's control scheme, AND be portable. =)

[quote name='dallow']PS3 version is gimped if you care about trophies.
Very disappointing. Cancelled my order. I'll get it used someday, don't want to support sloppy work.[/QUOTE]

If you buy games just because of trophies you won't be happy. All you need to do is get on the high score list (in game, not PSN) for each table and you'll get a bronze trophy (for each table). There is really no challenge to this. I did it in a few hours simply by playing the game and not shooting for trophies. I bought both versions and the 360 has a more clever approach. You need to complete 5 table goals to unlock and achievement as well as complete 5 wizard goals (after you complete initial table goals) to unlock additional achievements. Regardless this game is awesome. I can't see how any pinball fan could wait to play it. It's amazing!

I've ordered a copy of the 360 version... and I don't have a 360 yet. I'm going to buy a 360 Elite this week, and the main reason is this game. The Wii version is awesome, and adding Medieval Madness, Tales of the Arabian Nights and No Good Gofers (not to mention HD)? This is as close as I'll ever get to owning any of those machines. The Wii (and PS2) version showed that the developers of the game love pinball machines, not video game pinball. My only pre-disappointment is that I will be losing motion control for bumping the machine. That was the perfect interface for that.

EDIT: by any chance did they add the ability to set game options, and by the that I mean the options available on the real machine? That is one disappointment with the Wii version - you get the settings as they deliver them and no other. You can't make the games harder or easier by adjusting rule settings, adjusting the playfield angle, etc.

I got my copy last week, and like Shrike the disc had popped out but luckily it wasn't scratched. Got the 50 cent refund to.

Game is awesome, I've put a few hours into it already and it's great, they totally nailed the ball physics. Medieval Madness is a nice addition to, I think it's my favorite table.

EDIT: by any chance did they add the ability to set game options, and by the that I mean the options available on the real machine? That is one disappointment with the Wii version - you get the settings as they deliver them and no other. You can't make the games harder or easier by adjusting rule settings, adjusting the playfield angle, etc.
Same options as the Wii version as far as I can tell :cry:

Dang (on the lack of options).

Hopefully it will sell well enough to warrant a sequel. Or could they offer additional machines via DLC? That would be awesome. If that's possible, hopefully they recognize that there is plenty of revenue out there for them from pinball fanatics if they were to offer DLC add-on machines. Either way I'm really looking forward to my copy arriving and to picking up a 360 to play it on!

Will order this tomorrow with ECA baby! :) I have it for the Wii, but it looks slick for the 360 and it comes with 3 more tables and achievements! Pinball rocks.

Huh. I also had the ECA "glitch" or whatever you want to call it. I didn't even notice it until after I had placed my order...I guess I already had one discount in there, but I put in a code on checkout and it stacked. 23 bucks and change for this? Hell yeah. Sort of wished I hadn't picked up Pinball FX last week now, fortunately it was only 5 bucks.

I preordered this a couple months ago and per tracking it's FINALLY going to be delivered today. Damn Amazon and their free shipping. They've really been slowing it down alot lately. I think they are really trying to get me to sign up for Prime and I am almost convinced to do it. I don't know why but I have been anxiously awaiting this game intensely, but I think it's because of PinBot.

Edit: Got it a few hours ago, can't put it down. Absolutely LOVE it. I used to play PinBot, Space Shuttle, Gorgar, Sorcerer, and Black Knight when they were in arcades and bars. Perfect re-creations, and I LOVE how they even occasionally simulate the stuck flipper.

Last edited:
I'm going crazy waiting on this game to come in. Amazon confirmed that they shipped it out using the FSSS last Monday. I still haven't received it yet and tomorrow is my estimated delivery date. So I'm really hoping it'll be in tomorrow.

The game is fun, but there are some issues. The 3 new tables have a different setting for the camera angles than the rest of the tables. You also cannot save your preferred camera angle for each table....always reverts back to the 1st one when you come back to the table after playing a different one. Game is very light on options.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']The game is fun, but there are some issues. The 3 new tables have a different setting for the camera angles than the rest of the tables. You also cannot save your preferred camera angle for each table....always reverts back to the 1st one when you come back to the table after playing a different one. Game is very light on options.[/QUOTE]

But it more than makes up for the intense authentic action! I'm loving this game! Medieval Madness is easily my favorite table. :bouncy:

[quote name='benjamouth']I got my copy last week, and like Shrike the disc had popped out but luckily it wasn't scratched. Got the 50 cent refund to.

Game is awesome, I've put a few hours into it already and it's great, they totally nailed the ball physics. Medieval Madness is a nice addition to, I think it's my favorite table.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoy Medieval Madness too. It's my favorite of the "freeplay" tables.

wish it looked like Best Buy was going to get this, would love to use my rewards certificates for it. Might just end up grabbing Raiden IV

I got my copy yesterday and set up my new Elite 360 for it (my first 360, pretty much bought for this game) and it's awesome. It doesn't, unfortunately, seem to have any additional options over the Wii version (I mean, you can't change the games to 5 ball or 2 ball or whatever, you can't change difficulty settings, nor mess with the playfield angle), but the graphics are obviously much better (even on my 720p set) and the awesome physics along with 3 new, much more modern pins make it all worth it. If you played the Wii or PS2 version you already knew that these folks had the physics down like no other. Everything works - backhands, post passes, etc. Just amazing. I do miss the motion controls for bumping the machine, but I suppose eventually I'll get use to using the analog stick for that (so far not). Also I wish I could choose my default views for the games instead of having to change them when I start playing - I don't like the uber-zoomed in view it defaults to, but that's a minor nit. Fantastic stuff and a must-have.

I was holding off on this, but ended up ordering it last week. I will be building an Xbox 360 pinball controller at some point and posting a guide for it. :)

[quote name='eastx']I will be building an Xbox 360 pinball controller at some point and posting a guide for it. :)[/QUOTE]

Good idea, I'll be looking forward to that!

I use to love Pinball games, wonder if I should pick this one up. Too many games to play.

One feature that is often overlooked on the 360 version (and maybe PS3?) is the leaderboard feature, accessible from the main menu. I didn't even know it was there until I blundered into it recently. Go for the top of the boards =)

[quote name='yyr']One feature that is often overlooked on the 360 version (and maybe PS3?) is the leaderboard feature, accessible from the main menu. I didn't even know it was there until I blundered into it recently. Go for the top of the boards =)[/QUOTE]

Actually, the leaderboards is one of the major complaints people seem to have with the game (at least with the 360 version -- dunno if the PS3 is the same), because you can't sort by your friend's list. Bummer.

Yes, the lack of a leaderboard filter is a bummer. Thankfully that is about the biggest complaint I have with this game.

Completed all Trophies, now I got my repaired 360 back today. Looks like it's time to start on achievements tonight. This game was more than worth it. I don't care about not having dip switch options. You'll buy a real table if you want that feature. : )

Buying a Medieval Madness (real one) for dip switches would make those dip switches pretty astoundingly valuable!

This and an xbox 360 are my substitute for not being even remotely able to afford the real machine. I could afford one of the older games, but not all of them. So... I really wish it offered machine settings to match the real machines. Oh well. Still a great game of course.

bread's done
Back