Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection $9.99 New/$8.99 Used @ Gamestop

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
Gamestop, along with other retailers, have dropped the price for Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection to $19.99 or lower (as noted) for both 360 & PS3 as listed below.

Gamestop does not have the game available online, but you can utilize the retail store availability with the links below. New price is $9.99, & the used price for both versions is down to $8.99 if you can find the game in store (a steal IMHO)

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (360)
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (PS3)

Amazon currently has both the PS3 & 360 versions available online at a smooth $17.96, but the 360 version in currently as available for shipping in 2 to 4 weeks (but prior posts in this thread prove the wait to be much less...)

Walmart has the game in stock for both PS3 & 360. Both titles are at a $17.96 price point. Site to store can also be utilized if the game is not in stock locally & you want to save on shipping ;)

Other Retailers (360 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Sears $19.99

Other Retailers (PS3 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Radio Shack $19.99
Sears $19.99

Out of the 'other' retailers listed above, Radio Shack might be the best bet as they have the ship-to-store option available (too bad they only have the PS3 version in stock at the moment...)

Glad everyone found value out of the thread as well. If there are any retailers to add to the list, please let me know with a post or a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anathema728']amazon price match cmonnn[/QUOTE]

I hope they do also, gamestop is too far from my house.

Glad I waited on this. But now I have to decide whether to add this to the 30+ game backlog or wait til I can find it used and save a couple more dollars. Gotta love being a CAG.

[quote name='Serpentor']So, if there's no platinum trophy, how many trophies are there? I don't understand why there's no platinum :([/QUOTE]
15 trophies, PS3trophies.org has all the info.

Grabbed a 360 copy at GS while trying to pick up some dropped penny guides. Can't wait to jump in, but first need to cook dinner for the family.

bought a new 360 copy yesterday, the disc is mint but i still hate how they open them. i bought it on 360 because even though the ps3 version has trophies i've heard that there's no platinum trophy.

I picked a 360 version up today myself... I already own the Wii and PSP versions, but Medieval Madness itself has been worth $10!

Picked up a gutted PS3 version today for $10.96 after 9.75% sales tax. I also own ZEN Pinball with all its expansions so it should be interesting to compare the 2.

[quote name='jms5118']bought a new 360 copy yesterday, the disc is mint but i still hate how they open them. i bought it on 360 because even though the ps3 version has trophies i've heard that there's no platinum trophy.[/QUOTE]
I don't mind GS opening the cases or even the cases having a few small scratches if it's the last game in stock, but I hate all the stickers they put on the games. 1 sticker would suffice.

Thanks for all who listed prices for this title -
I was patient and told myself I wouldn't buy it until it got less than $15 -and lo and behold it dropped to $10!

I was able to pickup a local copy - thanks to CAG!

[quote name='fizzywix']bought the gutted ps3 copy, which sucks, but its worth it

too bad the spine sticker is impossible to take off[/QUOTE]

That's my issue. That, and I just don't like it that they open a media product and still sell it as new. Music stores don't sell opened CDs as new, and movie stores don't sell opened blu-rays and DVDs as new. It's something I'd like to write the Massachusetts state AG about, but I'm not sure how to approach it. It's not exactly a consumer complaint, but the practice just seems... dishonest.

Thanks for the heads up, CAGs. Went to a gamestop for the 360 version and they were out, but the clerk told me to go to a nearby gamestop that did have it in stock.

[quote name='Diebythesword']I liked Williams more honestly, Zen just has that 'real' feel[/QUOTE]

My Williams is sitting in the apt complex office, I'd be interested to know if you played the 2 newer tables, Earth Defense and the one that came out today "Excaliber"? Love those two tables on Zen. Can't wait to try out Williams tomorrow.

[quote name='p0rn0saur']My Williams is sitting in the apt complex office, I'd be interested to know if you played the 2 newer tables, Earth Defense and the one that came out today "Excaliber"? Love those two tables on Zen. Can't wait to try out Williams tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

What the? Those on PSN or Live?

[quote name='cycophuk']Is one version better than the other or are they the same?[/QUOTE]

IGN's review complained about some minor occasional controller sync issues in the PS3 version. It wasn't bad enough to cause them to give it a lower rating (both versions got an 8.5, from the same reviewer) and I haven't heard anyone else mention it, though, so it's apparently not too big a deal. Just to be safe, I went with the 360 version since I had the option, but it doesn't sound like you'd really go wrong either way.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I look at it this way, if you listed a game on amazon that was opened but tried to pass it off as sealed you would have one pissed customer when the game arrived.[/QUOTE]

But you're forgetting one important thing: people who shop at Gamestop know that that is exactly what they'll be getting. It seems to me like some people want to keep buying gutted games just to come on here and complain about it.

Quite frankly, I'm of the opinion that if you're not paying full price you can get over it. And if you're paying full price, there's no reason to be at Gamestop.

Got the last new copy with the stickers. Just as two other guys came in for it. I have been wanting for this game and almost just paid 17.95 from amazon.

Just picked it up last weekend. In 2 days, I have 14 out of 15 trophies. All I need to do is unlock 2 more tables into freeplay mode (which should be really easy) to get the gold trophy. These trophies are a joke, but thankfully the game is a lot of fun to play. I already had the Wii version, but I decided to go pick up the PS3 version because of the three new tables. Those new tables are so much fun! I love the dot-matrix animations!

[quote name='Survivalism']Quite frankly, I'm of the opinion that if you're not paying full price you can get over it. And if you're paying full price, there's no reason to be at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much my feeling too -- the gutting and the stickers piss me off, and I won't buy normal new full-price games there because of it. But for something like this, where I'm getting a gutted "new" copy for less than the cheapest used copies listed on Amazon or eBay, I'm not going to complain.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Out of curiosity, do you just need to achieve all the goals for particular tables to unlock other machines?[/QUOTE] Nope. All but one table are playable from the start. I forget what you need to do to play 'Jive Time', but it tells you in-game. That's the worst table anyway, unless you're a fan of old EMs. Completing all the goals (normal and wizard) on a table allows you to turn off the tilt function, activate mirror mode, or change the look of the ball. Mirror Mode is cool, but none of the unlocks are a big deal.

Thx OP and those who updated it with the new price. 10 bux, I was gonna jump on it at 20. So addictive, I could not stop playing last night.

[quote name='4tygames']Just picked it up last weekend. In 2 days, I have 14 out of 15 trophies. All I need to do is unlock 2 more tables into freeplay mode (which should be really easy) to get the gold trophy. These trophies are a joke, but thankfully the game is a lot of fun to play. I already had the Wii version, but I decided to go pick up the PS3 version because of the three new tables. Those new tables are so much fun! I love the dot-matrix animations![/QUOTE]

How do you get freeplay mode?

IDK about this game, I played it last night and it was cool and all, didn't unlock one achievement and it looked like I was doing it right (destroyed the castle, destroyed the wall) Any game where you don't get an achievement for something basic usually gets put back on my shelf. Its kind of like when you were a teenager and if a movie you were watching didn't have nudity in the first 5 minutes, it wasn't considered good ;)

[quote name='callmesteam']Nope. All but one table are playable from the start. I forget what you need to do to play 'Jive Time', but it tells you in-game. That's the worst table anyway, unless you're a fan of old EMs. Completing all the goals (normal and wizard) on a table allows you to turn off the tilt function, activate mirror mode, or change the look of the ball. Mirror Mode is cool, but none of the unlocks are a big deal.[/QUOTE]

I must be doing something wrong than. In standard "Play Table" mode, I only have a handful of tables open to play. The only one locked is Jive Time. My concern is that I would prefer to play a few of the tables in this "free-play" mode that I played in the Williams Challenge.

In other words, is every table open from the get-go (besides Jive time) or do I have to unlock it through some other means?

[quote name='savor100']How do you get freeplay mode?[/QUOTE] you buy freeplay modes using in game tokens. You earn tokens for completing goals, specials and for high scores. It's pretty easy to rack up a ton of tokens quickly. The Gottleib collection on the other hand... brutal...

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I must be doing something wrong than. In standard "Play Table" mode, I only have a handful of tables open to play. The only one locked is Jive Time. My concern is that I would prefer to play a few of the tables in this "free-play" mode that I played in the Williams Challenge.

In other words, is every table open from the get-go (besides Jive time) or do I have to unlock it through some other means?[/QUOTE] Every table (besides Jive Time) is unlocked from the start, but only a handful are on 'Free Play'. You have to unlock Free Play by paying 100 tokens per table. It's a lot easier than it sounds. You should be racking up tons of tokens just by playing at your leisure.

[quote name='token2k6']IDK about this game, I played it last night and it was cool and all, didn't unlock one achievement and it looked like I was doing it right (destroyed the castle, destroyed the wall) Any game where you don't get an achievement for something basic usually gets put back on my shelf. Its kind of like when you were a teenager and if a movie you were watching didn't have nudity in the first 5 minutes, it wasn't considered good ;)[/QUOTE]
Uh-Oh... prepare for an achievement debate... incoming...

[quote name='callmesteam']Uh-Oh... prepare for an achievement debate... incoming...[/QUOTE]

I think many have a score goal as well! And some seem kinda ridiculous to beat. I haven't checked each table but I know I'm having issues with the score on most.

It's not all that bad, but can be challenging if it is your first time on the tables.

There are 2 sets of challenges on each table. Basic Goals, and Wizard Goals. When you are at the table menu, check the goals using the menu option. Then, go to the instructions on the table menu. That will explain, in painful detail, the rules of the table. Really, it's awesome, usually 80 screens of explaining the rules and scoring.

So, once you know HOW to score, and it can be complex, you can work on taking out the challenges. If you are hungry for achievements, you can knock some of the older tables basic goals quickly.

I hope that helps!

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']I think many have a score goal as well! And some seem kinda ridiculous to beat. I haven't checked each table but I know I'm having issues with the score on most.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='callmesteam']Every table (besides Jive Time) is unlocked from the start, but only a handful are on 'Free Play'. You have to unlock Free Play by paying 100 tokens per table. It's a lot easier than it sounds. You should be racking up tons of tokens just by playing at your leisure.[/QUOTE]

You can unlock tables to Free Play by achieving the goals.

I've got a quick question. I was wondering if Gamestop will let me return the game and re-buy it then and there since I bought the PS3 version of Pinball Hall of Fame at the beginning of this month yet I haven't opened it up yet.

Now before you say "Man talk about being a cheap ass" and whatnot, the reason why it's still sealed is that I bought the 360 version as well when it was $19.99 and have been playing that. I bought the PS3 version so I can take it to my friend's house and play it there but I never did and it's been sitting there, still sealed.

[quote name='callmesteam']Every table (besides Jive Time) is unlocked from the start, but only a handful are on 'Free Play'. You have to unlock Free Play by paying 100 tokens per table. It's a lot easier than it sounds. You should be racking up tons of tokens just by playing at your leisure.[/QUOTE]

You also get an extra unlock for completing any tables basic goals and ANOTHER unlock for completing 4/5 wizard goals. Even if something's not unlocked, you'll quickly have so many credits that you won't need it unlocked. Basically, you'll unlock all tables way before you get bored of the ones you've played. I think it took me about an hour (but had played most of the tables before).

Sad to see this is so cheap so fast, since it reduces the likelihood that we'll get more titles or DLC. I think they should have released this whole game as downloadable tables like Pinball FX and Zen Pinball.

[quote name='woof321']You also get an extra unlock for completing any tables basic goals and ANOTHER unlock for completing 4/5 wizard goals. Even if something's not unlocked, you'll quickly have so many credits that you won't need it unlocked. Basically, you'll unlock all tables way before you get bored of the ones you've played. I think it took me about an hour (but had played most of the tables before).

Sad to see this is so cheap so fast, since it reduces the likelihood that we'll get more titles or DLC. I think they should have released this whole game as downloadable tables like Pinball FX and Zen Pinball.[/QUOTE]

As a possible glimmer of hope, the Gottlieb Collection of Pinball Hall of Fame was released not too long ago for the Wii. It goes for $20 on Amazon right now

http://www.amazon.com/Pinball-Hall-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1264708757&sr=8-1

Hopefully it won't be too long until they decide to port it over to the PS3 and 360.

Did a return/rebuy on my still-sealed copy, and went ahead & used the $10 back to buy their last new (as in 'gamestop new') copy. On top of that, I got back a penny :lol:

[quote name='worrybomb']I've got a quick question. I was wondering if Gamestop will let me return the game and re-buy it then and there since I bought the PS3 version of Pinball Hall of Fame at the beginning of this month yet I haven't opened it up yet. [/QUOTE]

I think we are all fairly cheap. Sounds like you can go take it back, if you have the receipt. I have definitely read people in this thread who have returned\bought back the game to save the ten bucks.

I just bought a ps3 copy to take to friends places, actually. I would recommend it.
-ptp

Wow I really need to get this, got Zen when it went on sale and this game is just a steal! Plus alot of the older tables my dad played alot when he was young, so he'd have to try it out.

I just wish they would release a midway collection so I can play some 8 Ball Deluxe!

bread's done
Back